IGNORED

Johnson’s Christmas present?

Highguy

7 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

And only this morning whilst feeding the unicorns I said to my wife....please don't step on that fairy.....

More chance of stepping in rocking horse s*#t!

Sounds like you live a nice life

I don’t know if your pretending that you have pet unicorns, a rocking horse or a wife ?

Just now, Galley is our king said:

How many pointless topics are you going to start?

Did you think that after Huddersfield? Fulham? Look  it's bloody football, it's the bloody championship, get a bloody grip! Jeez...

It’s the first topic I’ve started on the forum

Should we look at the performances in the 2 games you’ve  mentioned?
Huddersfield we was good going forward and clinical infront of goal but also suspect at the back bentley made 3 big saves when only 1 goal in it

fulham we was lucky with the ref decision not to award a penalty when odowda tripped his man after getting wrong side of him 

your being blinded by 2 results the performances this season have been terrible

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Probably wishes fans wouldn’t go into meltdown after three bad games.  

It’s more than three bad games though isn’t it Dave. There have been few convincing performances all season. You know I don’t go in for knee jerk reactions like some, but surely you have to acknowledge that inconsistency in our performances has been an issue for a very long time now - and one we appear no closer to solving?

I’ve always pointed to steady progress up the league table, but I’m increasingly finding myself asking if someone else could bring a more consistent level of performance to a decent squad that I believe they should be capable of. This looks every inch a top six squad to me, and I do fear we risk squandering the opportunity. It all feels stale.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s more than three bad games though isn’t it Dave. There have been few convincing performances all season. You know I don’t go in for knee jerk reactions like some, but surely you have to acknowledge that inconsistency in our performances has been an issue for a very long time now - and one we appear no closer to solving?

I’ve always pointed to steady progress up the league table, but I’m increasingly finding myself asking if someone else could bring a more consistent level of performance to a decent squad that I believe they should be capable of. This looks every inch a top six squad to me, and I do fear we risk squandering the opportunity. It all feels stale.

I understand that view point but I feel we have to stick to the plan for the foreseeable future.  Johnson is amassing a lot of experience and I don’t see the point in giving him the chop now.  I think a lot of performances have been underrated this season as well.  

Stick with Lee for a while yet and see if he can keep improving. 

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely, we should at least be having discussions with Chris Hughton who has a proven record for getting similar sized clubs in Norwich & Brighton promoted from the championship and is available.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’re doing well to keep the faith Dave, do you feel it’s getting more difficult?

Not for me.  I appreciate there will be ups and downs and am in no desperate rush to go up.  Johnson’s teams produce good runs and bad runs but this season the bad run is 3 games and this is the first time. 

I would give Lee this season and next season for definite. I think he has easily done enough to deserve that.  Make a call then. 

3 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Iam more than surprised you think theres a plan

The plan is to keep improved league positions. Plan achieved so far. It’s pretty simple

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I understand that view point but I feel we have to stick to the plan for the foreseeable future.  Johnson is amassing a lot of experience and I don’t see the point in giving him the chop now.  I think a lot of performances have been underrated this season as well.  

Stick with Lee for a while yet and see if he can keep improving. 

And doing naff all with it, seemingly.

Same mistakes now to what he made in his first full season in charge. 

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol:

"It's not a penalty, it's as simple as that, and that's disappointing because it's a third party if you like who's influenced the result.

"We weren't great in terms of our quality but we defended pretty resolutely and that's the frustrating thing.

"After two losses you come to Hillsborough, get a 0-0, a clean sheet, and really build off the positives of that.

"Now we go into the Charlton game and it's three losses on the spin but this one wasn't down to us."

1 shot on target ffs.  Cut the crap, and start trying to work out how to play some attacking, creative football. Especially at AG.

PS that last line is unbelievable arrogant, the more I see it. It was totally down to us.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

What are those mistakes would you say?

Keeps flipping the formation as soon as things go wrong, the 4 at the back has consistently worked for the most part, it was simply one or two players needed resting and a handful else a kick up the backside. 

Instead LJ over-rotates and fiddles with the finer aspects of our formation and positioning. Even when we dont have the basics nailed down. 

Pass and move, for one. Players the eventual blame, we sell or slap them in the reserves, then they're eventually sold. Ala Magnússon, et al. 

Archived