IGNORED

Wrong Captain...

spudski

...imo Josh Brownhill isn't a natural leader and the type of player an inexperienced player would look too for inspiration when the chips are down.

No doubting his footballing ability...but for me, the Captain often sets the tone for the team.

Yes... Josh is nice. He's a jolly nice chap. But is he the one to Bollock you or get you going on the pitch? Imo...no. I've listened to him...imo he's introverted and insecure.

His character isn't Captain material. No disrespect to Josh...but I do feel LJ has burdened him with the Captaincy. He even plays like he has the heavyness of responsibility on his shoulders since being given the Captaincy.

I'd personally like Tommy Rowe or Jack Hunt to be given the job.

Just an opinion based on watching games and listening to Josh. No slight on the guy...not everyone is a leader.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

...imo Josh Brownhill isn't a natural leader and the type of player an inexperienced player would look too for inspiration when the chips are down.

No doubting his footballing ability...but for me, the Captain often sets the tone for the team.

Yes... Josh is nice. He's a jolly nice chap. But is he the one to Bollock you or get you going on the pitch? Imo...no. I've listened to him...imo he's introverted and insecure.

His character isn't Captain material. No disrespect to Josh...but I do feel LJ has burdened him with the Captaincy. He even plays like he has the heavyness of responsibility on his shoulders since being given the Captaincy.

Just an opinion based on watching games and listening to Josh. No slight on the guy...not everyone is a leader.

Ashley Williams for me. All day long 

It's an armband at the end of the day and leaders should inspire and motivate on the pitch whether they've got the armband or not, look at the likes of Korey Smith, armband or not he's the same, we need players to stand up like that whether we're doing well or not, Flint never wanted the armband, never stopped him being a leader

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

You're right about Brownhill, but I'd give the armband to Sir Ashley Williams. A true leader of men. (Yes I know they were Welsh)

Makes no difference who has armband imo. You need a number of leaders. Williams and Korey shouting all game showing good leadership. Give either the armband and they still shout all game, so can't see what difference it makes which one player has the armband.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Shouldn’t even be in the starting 11 let alone captain!

I would just like to say that I have read some rubbish on here over the years but that comment leaves me  staggered , can you elaborate please i would genuinely be interested

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

We looked better with Moore and Kalas at the start of the season.

Now both are fit they should be starting with Williams on the bench. Done ok filling a hole but age is catching up with him.

55 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would just like to say that I have read some rubbish on here over the years but that comment leaves me  staggered , can you elaborate please i would genuinely be interested

Please see above

Archived