IGNORED

Wrong Captain...

spudski

33 minutes ago, RedM said:

Thank you, I missed that post. I guess we just have to agree that I don't see Williams as the problem and you don't see him as the solution.

Will agree that Williams isn’t the problem in general but certainly wouldn’t have him as captain and wouldn’t have him in my starting line up is the point is was trying to make.

Obviously not everyone will agree.

5 hours ago, spudski said:

...imo Josh Brownhill isn't a natural leader and the type of player an inexperienced player would look too for inspiration when the chips are down.

No doubting his footballing ability...but for me, the Captain often sets the tone for the team.

Yes... Josh is nice. He's a jolly nice chap. But is he the one to Bollock you or get you going on the pitch? Imo...no. I've listened to him...imo he's introverted and insecure.

His character isn't Captain material. No disrespect to Josh...but I do feel LJ has burdened him with the Captaincy. He even plays like he has the heavyness of responsibility on his shoulders since being given the Captaincy.

I'd personally like Tommy Rowe or Jack Hunt to be given the job.

Just an opinion based on watching games and listening to Josh. No slight on the guy...not everyone is a leader.

LJ probably knows his players better than us

Archived