IGNORED

LJ My squad is to big!

REDOXO

We will need to let a few go...followed by....we will have to bring some in....followed by...I have confidence in the players.  

Yep they can tell Lee!

All this crud about how well we played at Fulham forgetting how out fought we we were at WBA, we lack power, are lightweight and easily bullied. 

No excuses.

I can take defeat that’s football, but three dreadful performances SL must be as pissed off as me!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

We will need to let a few go...followed by....we will have to bring some in....followed by...I have confidence in the players.  

Yep they can tell Lee!

All this crud about how well we played at Fulham forgetting how out fought we we were at WBA, we lack power, are lightweight and easily bullied. 

No excuses.

I can take defeat that’s football, but three dreadful performances SL must be as pissed off as me!

He even confuses himself.

34 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yep they can tell Lee!

No excuses.

Wrong shapes can help with that- or should I say help to make it more likely.

Power...power can be overrated in football IMO. Bullied? Quite possibly.

Let's not overlook though, WBA's 3rd and 4th...were offside! Offside. Not saying we merited anything from the game. Sheffield Wednesday's penalty- pretty soft to me- again, fair result but it evens out apparently.

Must have a very good 2nd half of the season upcoming- dodgy penalties, offside goals- remember Preston away! Yep, we are going to get a lot of rub of the green here?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's not overlook though, WBA's 3rd and 4th...were offside! Offside. Not saying we merited anything from the game. Sheffield Wednesday's penalty- pretty soft to me- again, fair result but it evens out apparently.

Must have a very good 2nd half of the season upcoming- dodgy penalties, offside goals- remember Preston away! Yep, we are going to get a lot of rub of the green here?

Let's ignore Fulham's blatant pen. No, we are due nothing because you win some you lose some from the officials. Play better and heeey! as if by magic, decisions are less important.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's ignore Fulham's blatant pen. No, we are due nothing because you win some you lose some from the officials. Play better and heeey! as if by magic, decisions are less important.

I'd debate whether it was as blatant as some of the other calls. Is that 3-1 or 4-1 we make it? Happy to watch these decisions again though and change view if necessary!

Granted, some you win and some you lose, but I get the feeling we lose more than we win, in that sense.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd debate whether it was as blatant as some of the other calls. Is that 3-1 or 4-1 we make it? Happy to watch these decisions again though and change view if necessary!

Granted, some you win and some you lose, but I get the feeling we lose more than we win, in that sense.

PNE was the big one. Shocking ref

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We had the power conversation before , so I will overlook it. Suffice to say we were bullied yet the puck again. 

but the not getting the rub of the green thing can get really old. Perhaps we should do some stuff in training that might win us a bit more of the green rubs. 

The more you know the luckier you get!

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

It's so frustrating. We were ******* great that day.

WHY this now??

I mean, that day was interesting.

Going back and looking in depth- it depends what we define as great.

We dominated in terms of the chances and to be fair we were entertaining. Actually regardless of the officials we probably should've won by a couple, such was our dominance in terms of chances created and good ones at that!

The ball though? Nope. We had 35-40%- now maybe possession is overrated but we've had some notable deficiencies in our play this year even when results were good- we've not had enough of the ball, for most of the season. Has a feeling of overperformance to me, but definitely we've regressed post say Reading at home!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I mean, that day was interesting.

Going back and looking in depth- it depends what we define as great.

We dominated in terms of the chances and to be fair we were entertaining. Actually regardless of the officials we probably should've won by a couple, such was our dominance in terms of chances created and good ones at that!

The ball though? Nope. We had 35-40%- now maybe possession is overrated but we've had some notable deficiencies in our play this year even when results were good- we've not had enough of the ball, for most of the season. Has a feeling of overperformance to me, but definitely we've regressed post say Reading at home!

Agreed.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

We had the power conversation before , so I will overlook it. Suffice to say we were bullied yet the puck again. 

but the not getting the rub of the green thing can get really old. Perhaps we should do some stuff in training that might win us a bit more of the green rubs. 

The more you know the luckier you get!

Yeah, let's agree to disagree on that one. 

I understand what you're saying but I certainly don't think it has evened out, numerically or points wise.

We can go back to Aston Villa away perhaps and work from there.

Yeah, performances improving mean we're less reliant on luck, I see that.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Every fan of every club in world football thinks that as well

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Needs to stop bringing in players for the sake of it then. Adelukan, Rodri and Szmodics all pretty pointless signings to name a few 

To name but a few..??,,, your too kind.

A waste of time,,effort,,energy & resource.

How often has Lee said we need to condense & in the process up the quality???

The way I'm seeing it he's doing the polar opposite.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Needs to stop bringing in players for the sake of it then. Adelukan, Rodri and Szmodics all pretty pointless signings to name a few 

Szmodics was a sensible signing, until he then brought Palmer in (not that I was complaining about Kasey coming back).

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Szmodics was a sensible signing, until he then brought Palmer in (not that I was complaining about Kasey coming back).

Totally sensible if he uses him. Rodri will be leaving the club in 3 weeks, odd choice having him on the bench over Szmodics. Adelukan gotta be one of the biggest waste of time signings in recent memory, still has 2 years left on his deal too I think 

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly right. It also didn't make sense to buy both Nagy and Massengo when we had Smith coming back (plus Walsh and Morrell expecting opportunity). And actually, we really needed a big, tall enforcer in CDM, not more average height/small build types.

And really, instead of Rowe, why not an actual left back?!

Williams was an excellent short term deal, but we really need to off loads some CBs now.

My point...the recruitment was great in terms of quality and value, but way off the mark in terms of squad balance, and it shows with all the mad line ups we're seeing.

Perhaps this is Johnson's final excuse...Ashton hasn't given him the balance he needs. Hence, multiple sales needed, and new options up front.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

... and it’s tough moving players on.

That May be the reality of the Jan window.

I really think we have a few we will struggle to shift.

Unless we're creative with it, that is- part payment of wages, or loan fee and cover some wages, or maybe I dunno going out and actively offering fringe players to clubs, loan with option to buy etc.

Without that, I worry about the squad size a bit. Certainly when it comes to bringing in one, or at max, two more.

Archived