IGNORED

Nagy

Charlie BCFC

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Should’ve started today. Our midfield was very weak and had no control, which he would’ve helped with.

Fantastic.  Possibly the best posting with hindsight ever. Personally I don’t think he should have picked Rowe because there was always the possibility that the ref would give a completely undeserved penalty against him in the 85th minute.  What was Johnson thinking of?

7 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Should’ve started today. Our midfield was very weak and had no control, which he would’ve helped with.

If you read every comment from the last 2 games he has been awful so fully deserved to be dropped! Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Fantastic.  Possibly the best posting with hindsight ever. Personally I don’t think he should have picked Rowe because there was always the possibility that the ref would give a completely undeserved penalty against him in the 85th minute.  What was Johnson thinking of?

Think you’re taking this out of context massively. Our midfield was appalling today Smith played ok but Brownhill and O’Dowda we’re both very poor

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Seems like he is in the group with Eliasson, one bad game and dropped whereas others like Weimann start no matter what

He played badly in the last 2 games, having been excellent at Fulham. He was getting plenty of stick on here during and after those games so there would have been plenty asking why he was picked today.

Personally I would tend to pick him but he didn't make much of a case for himself in those games so I can see why he was left out.

Who'd be a football manager, eh?

Just now, Charlie BCFC said:

If thats the case then Brownhill should be dropped. Thats three poor games in a row now and I thought he was ok v Millwall.

Yeah won’t disagree with that at all. Just saying if you went on posts on here then we would be using our under 11’s because every player should be dropped if you listen to the OTIB experts

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Drop them all and play the youngsters. Can’t do much worse right now, surely ....

We’d lose by 10 if we do that, the problem isn’t quality of the player, they are good players that other teams would love

the problem is motivation, our players aren’t inspired or motivated and that’s the fault of the head coach

Josh Brownhill just needs a rest, I think.  The problem with Eliasson is that he is an attacking player that can't track back or really strengthen the midfield.

O'Dowda has been given an opportunity and not taken it 

Nagy & Massengo run around a lot, don't tackle and just make the easy passes and Palmer seems to have lost his confidence.

Weimann runs around like a headless chicken most of the time and Diedhiou wears lead boots.

You can see why LJ has a bit of a problem.

46 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Josh Brownhill just needs a rest, I think.  The problem with Eliasson is that he is an attacking player that can't track back or really strengthen the midfield.

Nagy & Massengo run around a lot, don't tackle and just make the easy passes and Palmer seems to have lost his confidence.

Weimann runs around like a headless chicken most of the time and Diedhiou wears lead boots.

Lj may have a problem but he did sign them....

I think it's ridiculous that Nagy and Massengo have gone from two of our best signings in years to unused subs, despite O'Dowda making it into the 11.

People point to them playing poorly twice, so now Brownhill and O'Dowda surely deserve to be dropped?

It just seems odd to me that all of a sudden these talented players can't perform for more than a couple of games. Surely the coaching staff take responsibility? 

15 hours ago, GTFABM said:

If you read every comment from the last 2 games he has been awful so fully deserved to be dropped! Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

I to an extent agree, but Brownhill has been just as bad for those 2 games, yet will still waltz into the side, and COD has been shite for ages but still gets starts. 

Nagy like Massengo needs time to get adjusted to this league, his injury has not helped, and having him drop in and out of the side will not help at all. He needs a run of games alongside probably Smith to get to grips with this league, a manager who chops and changes systems and personnel at random is not helping. 

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep - all true .. and all LJ signings.

He has to make this work and quickly.

Nagy, Smith and Massengo are all similar players in that they close down, win possession and play a simple pass.

You need one of those players in a good midfield but do you need two? Seems to me if you play two of them you won't have much creativity and little forward momentum. 

COD adds nothing much to the midfield. Palmer can add that forward momentum but his form has been poor and he loses the ball more often than he makes a killer pass because he takes too many chances in dangerous areas.

While we have some players with ability in midfield they don't seem to complement each other. It's almost as if we picked them individually, looking at value for money and potential to develop but had absolutely no thought as to what blend you need to create a successful team. 

20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

You are basing this on the last 3 games though yeah? Prior to that we have had a  very solid start with sporadic brilliance. We all have very short memories and are all guilty of over reacting. Yes we need signings to give us momentum for the second half of the season but we are still in an excellent position.

49 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

You are basing this on the last 3 games though yeah? Prior to that we have had a  very solid start with sporadic brilliance. We all have very short memories and are all guilty of over reacting. Yes we need signings to give us momentum for the second half of the season but we are still in an excellent position.

Thanks, Lee! 
?

43 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

More signings? We have a bloated squad with too many in some departments and only one fit player in two others (goalscoring and left back).

Overall, too many players, too many options. I know the modern game is very demanding but in the two seasons that we won the Third Division title, we used only the starting eleven and about half a dozen others. A lesson to be learned by our Brain of Bristol City?

Or if Lansdown can't see the problem, he never will. I see we're now ninth in the table. The winter slide time has begun!

What must Morrell be thinking. He may not be the answer but even though he's not the biggest but puts himself about. Moves the ball well. Pushed out on loan and then a wide man in O'Dowda gets the nod in midfield over a Hungarian international and a French wonderkid. I don't post a lot but come on. We've got a big enough squad to put round pegs in round holes. These are all obviously very talented footballers. We seem to lack somebody who can take the game by the scruff of the neck or dictate the play. I watch us and I think as an away side coming to Ashton Gate they look at us and think we can bully this lot. They do. Look at the sides that come to us and turn us over. Smith is always our most industrious midfielder but after his injuries we can't rely on him until he becomes fully fit again. The games changed a hell of a lot from my day. But in my opinion until we get a streetwise nasty b*stard who can play in the middle of the park who can look after these younger players and drive them on we are going to be putting in the sub par performances. The quality is there in my opinion. Imagine a Tommy Doc, Hartley or Tinnion in the middle of a midfield three with the options Johnson has available to him at the moment? 

On 22/12/2019 at 17:48, Charlie BCFC said:

For me we should’ve gone with Smith, Nagy then Brownhill and Eliasson slightly in front. 

Totally agree. We all knew that Wednesday r very strong in the midfield position so we should hav packed it out and eliasson would have given us that attacking edge

Archived