Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Mr Popodopolous

Sheffield Wednesday...yes a BIG club, but not a great club?

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Boys boys boys calm down for f sake or meet up for a dust up

😀

I wonder if in the next few years if things become more entrenched we may see a new type of football related trouble...owners rucking with others who they believe have fiddled the system.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

😀

I wonder if in the next few years if things become more entrenched we may see a new type of football related trouble...owners rucking with others who they believe have fiddled the system.

The funniest thing about owners rucking is that Steve Gibson is the biggest gobshite complaining about how much we’ve spent......he wasn’t complaining when he took £10million of it off us for Rhodes though

The EFL should say, “you’re right Mr Gibson, they have spent too much, transfer back that £10 million and Jordan Rhodes is your player again”

Edited by Ian66

24 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I much preferred it when I was 'the only Wednesdayite in the village'. 

Merry Christmas to all. 

Your other lot on here don’t half bang on and on and on,touchy souls bless em.Merry Christmas to you and your family owl 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I much preferred it when I was 'the only Wednesdayite in the village'. 

Merry Christmas to all. 

You still are to us  :laugh: I wouldn't worry about it. Merry Christmas, OV

• Like 1

Are they that much bigger than us? Over the past few years their average attendance isnt that much greater than ours and that can be attributed to their historic successes. 

We all know that if this club had a sniff at any success we could easily sell 40k tickets just like them.

Clubs like Leeds, Villa etc you can say they should be Premier League clubs (yes I know Villa got promoted) I think Sheff Wed fall just outside of that bracket and that's almost the kind of bracket we find ourselves in.

Weds are historically a big club, can't say I find them Billy big bolox any more than other clubs. Like most they have some deluded fans and others who are more down to earth. If they went up I wouldnt begrudge them it, not like a club as leeds for example. who imo despite being a big one club city, with lots of success, their support isn't as amazing as people think.

• Like 1

They are recidivists.

Just saw in my feed via a RT by Kieran Maguire, that share transfer to Mrs. Chansiri in one of the Holding Companies. One theory is that it in the event of Mr. Chansiri getting banned, he can still run the club.

Suspend them if found guilty perhaps? Line has to be drawn somewhere. Found a thread on their forum confirming the RT.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/286777-chansiris-wife-and-share-transfer

EDIT: Not saying that Mrs. Chansiri allowing the owner to run it by proxy in the event of him being banned is illegal but it feels like a step too far on top of everything else IMO.

Mind you they're in good company in terms of a claim of serial offenders so maybe not.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous