IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

CityCity

I feel sorry for Kasey. 

we heard last season that he would only be signed IF LJ could have a full pre season with him- this didn’t happen and he was unveiled on the famous roof a few days before we started our season. 

After the whole team horror show vs Leeds, he was then praised by LJ at Birmingham for completing 90 minutes, and was instrumental in that game (Afobe debut) and assisted the Rowe goal. 

I was at both Derby and Birmingham and he was starting to slot in nicely to the team, but since then it’s been inconsistent run outs, and I think he is a player who needs to be played and given a run in the team. 

yesterday, he like many others was poor, but let’s look at where he was initially played- Left of a 3, with COD central- that made no sense to me and with just Fam ahead of him, he was always going to be isolated. 

He just doesnt fit into a 'Johnson' team. He needs runners around him and he needs to be used in a team which has more possession, where he can be about 30 yards further up the pitch from where he plays for us currently.

Instead, he ends up on the edge of his own box still trying to force that killer pass.

I feel sorry for him. Yesterday when he came on and tried to slide Fammy in...Fammy just stood still and it looks like an awful pass.

Bizarre signing given the expense.

Palmer is a luxury player when we play to his strengths like start of the season he’s a different class but unfortunately we don’t seem to do that anymore since the afobe injury
Palmer seems to be one of them players that’s needs it be loved by the manager and atm he getting no love from LJ so confidence is gone but he still putting himself about each time he’s on the pitch and having extra training sessions on day off to work his way back in the side so can’t knock him for not trying just needs a run of games and a striker to make runs for him to find 

7 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Plenty of excuses for him on here but still no explanation why he can't make a simple 5 yard pass

He’s one of the best passers in our team Doesn’t help that when he looks up he has no runners or no one wanting the ball maybe

was you saying he can’t make a simple pass after the charlton game? 

23 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Plenty of excuses for him on here but still no explanation why he can't make a simple 5 yard pass

To be fair yesterday nor could Brownhill, smith, O’Dowda and about 4 others.

I don’t mind Palmer losing the ball further up the pitch if he’s doing some skill or defence splitting pass to break the lines, as if 1/3 of them come off it’s a great chance for a goal.

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

To be fair yesterday nor could Brownhill, smith, O’Dowda and about 4 others.

I don’t mind Palmer losing the ball further up the pitch if he’s doing some skill or defence splitting pass to break the lines, as if 1/3 of them come off it’s a great chance for a goal.

But the problem is he has to drop Deep to get the ball so he then loses the ball in an area we don’t want him coming and getting it

23 minutes ago, Highguy said:

He’s one of the best passers in our team Doesn’t help that when he looks up he has no runners or no one wanting the ball maybe

was you saying he can’t make a simple pass after the charlton game? 

He is in the team to make great passes which is what he's done about 4 times all season, he was truly awful when he came on yesterday

10 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

He is in the team to make great passes which is what he's done about 4 times all season, he was truly awful when he came on yesterday

The only time we entered their half when Palmer was on he played a through ball that ended up just inside their box and guess what fam is just stood there staring at him and odowda reluctantly chased 25 yards to pressure the cb on the ball
how can you expect him to pass to someone when we don’t have players wanting the ball or making any runs to receive it 

It seems like he could only play with Afobe. Now he is injured the guy seems totally lost.. as a professional footballer you have to be able to adapt your game to be able ‘click’ with more than just one player.. it would suggest to me that Palmer isn’t quite as good as we thought he was to be honest. Not writing the lad off but it does make you wonder.. obviously we need a striker who runs the channels Palmer clearly thrives off playing those passes but as i said he needs to adapt to what we currently have upfront.

We have to change the team to fit him in, which is unusually a huge problem for Lee. We should be playing 4-2-3-1 anyway as that fits our players MUCH better, we’d have Eliasson and Kasey on the pitch without sacrificing anyone to accommodate them. That makes too much sense for Lee though, so it’ll be back to 5-3-2 changing to 8-4-9 at 63 minutes with Maenpaa at LB.  

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Did you know Palmer’s wife Has a Sister and she is engaged to be married to Derrick Williams 

Rather embarrassingly, I'm going to dispute this. Derrick Williams is going out with a girl from Somerset and her sister is going out with Bobby Reid, neither have anything to do with Kasey Palmer. I haven't done a DNA test but I've got a few mutual friends with the Yeovil girls.

I've also got exclusive rights to the Williams wedding and all shots will be published in Heat Magazine - Bristol City Alumni Special. 

5 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Very strange signing simply doesnt fit with lj's forever revolving line ups , pointless signing never understood it after we singed ss...

It was a bit like under Ward when we wanted Thorpe, but couldn’t get him, so we went Akinbiyi and Anderson, only for Thorpe to become available.  Ward then tried to shoe-horn all 3 in.

I feel sorry for Kasey.  Given limited minutes since Afobe’s injury, and he is struggling (he is a far better player than we are seeing).  We appear to have players incompatible with each other in certain systems.  That is why our squad is bloated....and now why some players aren’t really given fair crack of the whip.

Not quite sure what he’s ever actually done to get the praise. Occasional great moments, but way too often he goes missing and has a tendency to give away stupid free kicks. After last season I was amazed that we signed him permanently, he might come good in time, but right now he’s too much of a show pony. 

Archived