IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

CityCity

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Not quite sure what he’s ever actually done to get the praise. Occasional great moments, but way too often he goes missing and has a tendency to give away stupid free kicks. After last season I was amazed that we signed him permanently, he might come good in time, but right now he’s too much of a show pony. 

Maybe because when it gets the ball 9/10 your on edge of your seat as you know something going happen not pass sideways or backwards 

2 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Not in the same class as Tomlin

At 23, Tomlin was just establishing himself at Peterborough.

I like Palmer, but I can’t deny he’s off-form at the mo’.  But he’s also had no run of games since August!!!  Maybe he doesn’t deserve to???  But he is talented, why isn’t he showing it?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like Palmer, but I can’t deny he’s off-form at the mo’.  But he’s also had no run of games since August!!!  Maybe he doesn’t deserve to???  But he is talented, why isn’t he showing it?

I like to think that I have already answered your last question.

He needs courage to play his natural game  but has taken a lot of stick recently and perhaps that’s inhibiting him . 

He’s either trying to hard or the game passes him by when he is thrown on and expected to instantly be on the same wavelength as the attackers in front of him . 

It has become something of a vicious circle and LJ needs to get to grips with it.

If he is just out of form then I do not think we carry him until he finds his mojo. If he is pissed off for being in and out of the team then it is down to him to make himself undroppable - and if LJ does then drop him he should be banging on his door asking why. LJ might at least put him squad number back in the tombola drum.

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Somethings going to happen alright,9/10 times he’s giving the ball away

Your forgetting that 1 time he doesn’t give the ball away he creates something that makes up for losing it 9 times 

how many times have we actually conceded from Palmer giving the ball away? 

10 hours ago, Highguy said:

Your forgetting that 1 time he doesn’t give the ball away he creates something that makes up for losing it 9 times 

how many times have we actually conceded from Palmer giving the ball away? 

That’s like saying if a forward scores 1 in every 10 chances that one goal makes up for all the misses 

On 23/12/2019 at 18:54, Davefevs said:

I can’t remember watching a City team with such little movement in quite a long time. And if people aren’t moving, the likes of Palmer who will perhaps hold on to the ball that bit longer waiting for an opening or a run, end up looking even worse. 

If I was him, I’d be glad I was sat on the bench.

I have absolutely no problem with players losing the ball when they are trying to do something positive and make something happen.

Too many of our players consistently play it safe, hide behind opponents , take a touch and go sideways/backwards, looks like you’re “doing okay” - much easier than trying to do something positive and then have the crowd berate you for it. 

I like Palmer and would give him a run but agree a static midfield and forward line means he needs to adapt his game not run at players and lose it.

The strangest thing is why we signed a player who we rarely played when on loan.

I don't get all this "needs a pre-season" because LJ already admitted he worked hard all summer and certainly came in firing.

He's young but he's special - remember Charlton and this is without Benik. We have to find a way to make him work.

personally I think DaSilva offers more,might not have that defence splitting pass but does get forward and a plus is he can defend aswell. everytime we get a maverick type player at city it ends up going one way and I can see kasey palmer ending up the same regardless of  how good he is sometimes.

Palmer doesn’t work hard enough. He also try’s the glory ball far too often and needs to do the basics better. Also seems like a big confidence player and at the moment he looks lacking in it. I don’t blame LJ for not starting him but i also wonder how he is managing him on the training ground because KP looks a bit lost to me

Fans understandably bemoan our ponderous and turgid attacking play ( or lack of) and lack of pace in the team. That being the case, Pamer is just the type of player we need as he has the pace and power to get past opposition players and can also pick a defence splitting pass.

Unfortunately, one of the bye products of the pedestrian way we build from the back is that it gives the opposition so much time in which to get players behind the ball and close us down. As a result, when Palmer receives the ball he is often back in our third of the pitch, or under pressure with defenders around him, or a combination of both. Palmer needs to get the ball in the opposition half and in a bit of space in which to run.

The problem with a Palmer type player is that not everything he tries will  come off and when it goes awry then fans will be on his back. City fans seem happier with midfielders who do little but do little wrong, as long as they are triers and put in some effort.

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Fans understandably bemoan our ponderous and turgid attacking play ( or lack of) and lack of pace in the team. That being the case, Pamer is just the type of player we need as he has the pace and power to get past opposition players and can also pick a defence splitting pass.

Unfortunately, one of the bye products of the pedestrian way we build from the back is that it gives the opposition so much time in which to get players behind the ball and close us down. As a result, when Palmer receives the ball he is often back in our third of the pitch, or under pressure with defenders around him, or a combination of both. Palmer needs to get the ball in the opposition half and in a bit of space in which to run.

The problem with a Palmer type player is that not everything he tries will  come off and when it goes awry then fans will be on his back. City fans seem happier with midfielders who do little but do little wrong, as long as they are triers and put in some effort.

Think that also comes down to LJ's tactics a bit.

On 23/12/2019 at 08:15, bris red said:

It seems like he could only play with Afobe. Now he is injured the guy seems totally lost.. as a professional footballer you have to be able to adapt your game to be able ‘click’ with more than just one player.. it would suggest to me that Palmer isn’t quite as good as we thought he was to be honest. Not writing the lad off but it does make you wonder.. obviously we need a striker who runs the channels Palmer clearly thrives off playing those passes but as i said he needs to adapt to what we currently have upfront.

Is it palmers fault if no one is capable of making the runs Afobe did?

You can’t make defence splitting passes to put strikers in on goal if there’s no striker there! He wants to create and he can’t because no one in front of him is intelligent enough and then there’s the lack of consistency to the team selection.

14 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Is it palmers fault if no one is capable of making the runs Afobe did?

You can’t make defence splitting passes to put strikers in on goal if there’s no striker there! He wants to create and he can’t because no one in front of him is intelligent enough and then there’s the lack of consistency to the team selection.

Well he could try not playing defense splitting balls and just generally do everything else a lot better than he has done?

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Well he could try not playing defense splitting balls and just generally do everything else a lot better than he has done?

He’s a creative player, it’s what he’s in the team to do. Unfortunately our fan base has a history of not appreciating these types of players

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

He’s a creative player, it’s what he’s in the team to do. Unfortunately our fan base has a history of not appreciating these types of players

As I said elsewhere, if we don't have the right strikers for him, why is he in the squad?

Archived