IGNORED

That move from the kick off

Roe

Naturally most of the threads on here since yesterday have been about the things we're doing wrong, but can we just take a moment to appreciate this brilliantly scripted kick-off routine that could've perhaps changed everything.

* O'Dowda makes a quick run to get in front of everyone and therefore drift back unnoticed.
* Fam using his strength and skill to bring the ball forward and then lay a simple ball back to Brownhill.
* Hunt is able to find space on the right due to Fam taking everyone off guard.
* Diedhiou then drags their centre back wide, while Brownhill slips through the middle.
* Hunt finds a great pass through to Brownhill
* Brownhill then brings it forward perfectly and lays it ideally for O'Dowda

* Then O'Dowda drags it wide..

But still, it was a great bit of work and this is the type of thing that Lee Johnson's teams can be great at.  We just need to find a way to do it more often.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

Should have started Palmer instead of COD. He would have passed it to Williams who was in acres.

Can’t blame a player for shooting with amount time and space he had but he wasn’t near the top list of players I wanted it to fall to 

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

On the half way line? 

Think he ment Rowe

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Similar to the first minute miss against Millwall !

Theme developing here. We are dangerous in the first minute of games. I wonder if Charlton are aware?

Next up... how we very nearly concieded an identical goal to the one Blackburn scored against us, from a corner.

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Theme developing here. We are dangerous in the first minute of games. I wonder if Charlton are aware?

Next up... how we very nearly concieded an identical goal to the one Blackburn scored against us, from a corner.

No doubt Chalrton will try the very same move from their first corner.

Question is, will we finally be savvy enough to prevent a shot on goal ?

Archived