IGNORED

Maybe, just maybe

headhunter

People will remember that during the dark days under LJ, I defended him to the max and to see how we have progressed I was right to defend him.

However I do feel if maybe he has reached his ceiling with us and I question if he is able to to take us to the next level. This January window will be absolutely key in deciding his future with us. Fail to get at least a striker in and we are in big trouble. It feels as if that's the missing ingredient to this team.

If LJ was sacked 2moro I wouldnt be sad, and I wouldnt be happy. I do feel as if we need a Chris Hughton to take us to that next level...

6 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

But we werent losing at the time, the commentators were bigging us up, and hell, they even said our goalkeeper should be on the verge of an England call up.

No they didn’t, they said that LJ thought he was close to a call up, which is ,

1.  Very Different

2. Palpable Nonsense 

He is an excellent keeper but there are quite a few in front of him regarding England.

As the OP I stated LJ has had 7 windows with the upcoming being number 8.

There seems some dispute over this but I am right:

Summer 2016 [1]

Winter & Summer 2017 [2]

Winter & Summer 2018 [2]

Winter & Summer 2019 [2]

Upcoming is winter 2020 [1]

That's 7 with one to come.

Phantom's list of the 50 bought by the manager was helpful in bringing into focus that there are some good but a lot more totally duff signings. LJ has made a handsome profit on signings and there is upgrade to the squad overall of that there is no doubt but I subscribe to the view that we have too many average championship quality players rather than the perhaps more difficult to manage stars. As I and others have written it is squad built in his own image - perhaps this is what Holden meant in the presser the other day when referring to "our DNA". We haven't had a discernible DNA [playing style] since the high press of the August to December period of 2017 when we sort of fluked it by Bobby Reid playing in a way no one could have envisaged even 6 months earlier.

An interesting few days / weeks coming up.

Archived