IGNORED

Bctv on telly

the frampton balti

2 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Good moaning.. and a Merry xmas to youz all!

Can somebody please tell me how to get the bctv on the telly. It says on the site its not available on tv but surely with the right leads or wifis this must be possible or from phone or something. 

Thank you

You are now entering into the illegal streaming zone . Please take a seat .

( Hesgoal ) 

:smartass:

10 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Good moaning.. and a Merry xmas to youz all!

Can somebody please tell me how to get the bctv on the telly. It says on the site its not available on tv but surely with the right leads or wifis this must be possible or from phone or something. 

Thank you

Pretty sure you need a Google ChromeCast and a Smart TV. 

1 minute ago, the frampton balti said:

Got smart telly not sure what a chrome casr is or does or what it looks 

Ok. So depends on how smart your TV is. Mine is too old, but with newer ones you can just broadcast the screen from your smart phone. With older ones you need to a ChromeCast into the tv and share to that. 

Is it possible to connect my lap top to the telly. Has anybody tried this? Is the quality really really poor on a large screen?

As said above HDMI would work, quality should be the same as on your laptop

2 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Ok. So depends on how smart your TV is. Mine is too old, but with newer ones you can just broadcast the screen from your smart phone. With older ones you need to a ChromeCast into the tv and share to that. 

I have not got robins tv on phone ? Just on laptop . Is that what the app is??

1 minute ago, hodge said:

As said above HDMI would work, quality should be the same as on your laptop

Bit concerned that number of pixels on big screen would make watching a bit blurry

Have you tried this Tom . I think i have the lead....might have a few people round to watch the game i dont want to lure them in with false promises!!

Bit concerned that number of pixels on big screen would make watching a bit blurry

Have you tried this Tom . I think i have the lead....might have a few people round to watch the game i dont want to lure them in with false promises!!

Can't say I know what quality Robins TV is shown in, perhaps try watching some stuff on youtube on low quality and see what it looks like?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can't say I know what quality Robins TV is shown in, perhaps try watching some stuff on youtube on low quality and see what it looks like?

Thank you Sir 

I give this a go

Rather watch a poor quality city than some random prem game eh! Although i may have to eat these words later on my own with cold turkey squashed sprouts and broken mince pies .

1 hour ago, the frampton balti said:

Thank you Sir 

I give this a go

Rather watch a poor quality city than some random prem game eh! Although i may have to eat these words later on my own with cold turkey squashed sprouts and broken mince pies .

When you connect the hdmi lead and turn the tv to the right hdmi input you will most likely see a cloned laptop desktop - this will be easiest to work as it will simply mimic your laptop screen. There are more advanced options to extend the desktop to the tv, under which you'd to drag the browser across from the laptop desktop to the pc desktop, but if it's simplicity you want just stick to a cloned desktop.

I suggest a quick run through before lunch - watch one of the interview/highlights videos from bctv - making the video full screen. (You might need to change the audio device from the laptop speaker to the 'hdmi output device' i.e. tv - you can do this under windows 10 by left clicking the volume icon and clicking on the name of the current audio device and chosing the right option from the list of audio output devices shown once connected up to the tv). Nearer matchtime bctv will pop up a feed/link for the live game, and apart from making sure the video is fullscreen and on play (rather than paused) and the audio set right you'll be good to go.

The video quality of bctv can be lowish and maybe a bit choppy but it should be as good as the red button experience. There shouldn't be any buffering/lost stream but it has been known. Try restarting the video stream in these cases.

Good luck.

Or you could phone Sky if you have an account with them and haggle for a one month Sports Subscription. They will say it costs £30. I got it down to £20 which included them immediately cancelling my subscription once I had paid (it was a rolling contract that needs 31 days notice for cancellation).

This means I have 3 City matches left to watch. It works out at just under £7 per game for you. I know they are on the Red Button (only one camera) but commentary is provided. 

@the frampton balti

As others have said, a HDMI cable will work fine & the quality should be okay. If anything a poor quality screen would be because your tv rather than the laptop, as most video is in at least 1080p these days (blu-ray quality).

Literally all you have to do is plug the HDMI cable in to your laptop/tv & you will get your laptop screen showing on your tv, job done.

One common problem is sound not playing out of the tv, if this happens just search (on your laptop taskbar) 'sound', and when in the sound settings change the output to your tv (there will be an option custom to whatever your tv is).

I'd plug it in now to make sure it runs smooth, it should do anyway, but just in case.

Edit: For this game you can watch it in the UK but if you want to watch games in the future on BCTV:

Also, if you're in the UK then you won't be able to watch the stream so you need a little tool called a VPN (virtual private network), also know as a proxy. All this does is mask your location, so it seems as if you are elsewhere. You can select it to display any country & BCTV will think you are watching from there, therefore you will be given permissions to watch it. 

You don't have to worry about changing your details on your BCTV account. Mine say my UK address, I have a UK card etc but as long as I'm 'abroad' when I play the stream, it works.

I'd recommend Windscribe as the best VPN to use, you get 2.5gb (one game is about 2gb streaming) for free every month, or 10GB free every month if you sign up with your email.

https://windscribe.com/

Let me know if you need anymore help, hope this is clear, my heads banging like a shithouse in a gale.

32 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Thank you Sir 

I give this a go

Hi FB, not sure of how modern your tv or laptop are, but a reasonably modern laptop (windows 10) should allow you to mirror the laptop. The steps can vary due to the brand but have a google and you will find some guides.

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

@the frampton balti

Also, if you're in the UK then you won't be able to watch the stream so you need a little tool called a VPN (virtual private network), also know as a proxy. All this does is mask your location, so it seems as if you are elsewhere. You can select it to display any country & BCTV will think you are watching from there, therefore you will be given permissions to watch it. 

You don't have to worry about changing your details on your BCTV account. Mine say my UK address, I have a UK card etc but as long as I'm 'abroad' when I play the stream, it works.

I thought they were pushing the Charlton game as being available in the UK?

Although I may have imagined that.

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I thought they were pushing the Charlton game as being available in the UK?

Although I may have imagined that.

Spot on, thanks, missed that

"Today's match is being live streamed to a domestic audience as it falls outside of broadcast blackout hours. The match is a available via video to supporters inside the UK & Ireland for a one-off £10 pass. Audio-only commentary is available."

20 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

@the frampton balti

As others have said, a HDMI cable will work fine & the quality should be okay. If anything a poor quality screen would be because your tv rather than the laptop, as most video is in at least 1080p these days (blu-ray quality).

Literally all you have to do is plug the HDMI cable in to your laptop/tv & you will get your laptop screen showing on your tv, job done.

One common problem is sound not playing out of the tv, if this happens just search (on your laptop taskbar) 'sound', and when in the sound settings change the output to your tv (there will be an option custom to whatever your tv is).

I'd plug it in now to make sure it runs smooth, it should do anyway, but just in case.

Edit: For this game you can watch it in the UK but if you want to watch games in the future on BCTV:

I'd recommend Windscribe as the best VPN to use, you get 2.5gb (one game is about 2gb streaming) for free every month, or 10GB free every month if you sign up with your email.

https://windscribe.com/

Let me know if you need anymore help, hope this is clear, my heads banging like a shithouse in a gale.

Cheers mate great advice on vpn  I will try this maybe for next game i cant make.

Hope your head clears for 3 oclock!

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Hi FB, not sure of how modern your tv or laptop are, but a reasonably modern laptop (windows 10) should allow you to mirror the laptop. The steps can vary due to the brand but have a google and you will find some guides.

Thanks fella . I think i have seen this mirror option . Not sure it works with my pc.

30 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Or you could phone Sky if you have an account with them and haggle for a one month Sports Subscription. They will say it costs £30. I got it down to £20 which included them immediately cancelling my subscription once I had paid (it was a rolling contract that needs 31 days notice for cancellation).

This means I have 3 City matches left to watch. It works out at just under £7 per game for you. I know they are on the Red Button (only one camera) but commentary is provided. 

That sounds like a good deal . I already have now though . With no red button. Thanks for reply mate

Archived