IGNORED

Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 24

Septic Peg

Happy Boxing Day.

Boxing Day traditionally consisted of those larger presents and items that were boxed being presented the day after Christmas. Nowadays it means cold leftover Turkey with pickled onions, a headache and Boxing Day football.

Side note: when is a suitable time to take down the pissing tree? Mr Peg looked at me in sheer disgust when I suggested putting our fake Fir back in the box this morning. Christmas is over right? 

Also Gavin and Stacey. You bastards. Still not over that cliffhanger. 

Back to football after my digression...

Now usually City always drop a bollock and slump after Christmas. No one really knows why. It's tradition. But with our form being poor for the last few games on the trot, are we changing the times? Is our post Xmas downfall becoming a pre-Xmas flop? 

Will the tide turn today? Now Christmas is officially 364 days away, will it be a case of same shit, different day or will we actually buzz from the joys of pigs in blankets and a rummage through the Quality Street tin?

Truthfully, my first thought suggests we will probably lose. Again. Happy Christmas. But a little part of me still hurts with the hope that we may not. As a fellow City fan once said: "We are used to disappointment. We can deal with disappointment. It's the hope that hurts and the hope that kills us." 

And sweet baby Jesus, the hope stings like a wasp on a jam sarnie.

Naturally, Charlton have a worse sick bay than us right now and have drawn 4 and lost 7 of their most recent games. So it's obvious in the spirit of giving, we hand them 3 points. 2-1 Charlton.

I'm off to stick my head in my Wilkins rough cider. Shout me when it's NYE.

COYRS.

15 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Here in Charlton now, weather is not great, pouring down with wind, bring suitable coats/ hats ?☔☂️??????????

Can wind really pour down? ?

I'll be watching from belle France with the in-laws, don't let me down boys.

COYR

11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Can wind really pour down? ?

I'll be watching from belle France with the in-laws, don't let me down boys.

COYR

Pop in and say hello ?

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

???

you are going to be so disappointed when you meet me !!!

You don't fool me you little Minx xx

After the last 3 games, I really don't know where our inspiration is going to come from.  Clearly we can't keep a clean sheet, clearly we can't create opportunities and clearly we don't serm to have anyone who can shoot.  We simply don't look dangerous going forward and our midfield has more reverse gears than a French tank.

I think this is a game that we really have to go for, with an attacking formation, a bit of movement up front and getting more bodie in the box.

3 points needed. Draws are no use to us now.

We’re going to have to play a whole lot better than we have been recently to avoid another defeat. 

Charlton’s one of my favourite away trips so I’m disappointed not to be there today - unless of course we play badly and lose, in which case I’ll be glad I didn’t make the trip. 

For what it’s worth, I reckon today’s match will be an uninspiring draw. 

Hello all, hope you had a very good Christmas Day with plenty of good cheer. Today I think could go either way, hopefully it will be City who come away with all three points, but with our form lately who knows. Still. let's be hopeful and cheer them on, so Come On You Red's/

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Happy Boxing Day.

Boxing Day traditionally consisted of those larger presents and items that were boxed being presented the day after Christmas. Nowadays it means cold leftover Turkey with pickled onions, a headache and Boxing Day football.

Side note: when is a suitable time to take down the pissing tree? Mr Peg looked at me in sheer disgust when I suggested putting our fake Fir back in the box this morning. Christmas is over right? 

Also Gavin and Stacey. You bastards. Still not over that cliffhanger. 

Back to football after my digression...

Now usually City always drop a bollock and slump after Christmas. No one really knows why. It's tradition. But with our form being poor for the last few games on the trot, are we changing the times? Is our post Xmas downfall becoming a pre-Xmas flop? 

Will Will the tide turn today? Now Christmas is officially 364 days away, will it be a case of same shit, different day or will we actually buzz from the joys of pigs in blankets and a rummage through the Quality Street tin?

Truthfully, my first thought suggests we will probably lose. Again. Happy Christmas. But a little part of me still hurts with the hope that we may not. As a fellow City fan once said: "We are used to disappointment. We can deal with disappointment. It's the hope that hurts and the hope that kills us." 

And sweet baby Jesus, the hope stings like a wasp on a jam sarnie.

Naturally, Charlton have a worse sick bay than us right now and have drawn 4 and lost 7 of their most recent games. So it's obvious in the spirit of giving, we hand them 3 points. 2-1 Charlton.

I'm off to stick my head in my Wilkins rough cider. Shout me when it's NYE.

COYRS.

Will the tide turn today

Think that should read.

Will the side turn up today?

Archived