IGNORED

Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 24

Septic Peg

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

You can never hold players back from moving in to bigger and better things and if you did, how many players would you attract in the first place.

Aye I know, i'm just upset. Love Bobby, Lloyd, Joe and do not begrudge them top flight moves in what is a short career in pro football.

I still hate Cardiff.

Can point at Bentley for the goal, but can’t play him for 2 shots on target in 2.5 games. Abysmal. He’s also kept us in countless games this year. He could throw a goal in in the next two games and still be in the green probably. 

Huge half incoming. AG at home after losing 4 on the spin will be a bag of nerves. 

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You think he’s leaving ?

If he loved this club as he says, then he will leave. 

He can not prove more here, this is the best he can do. The players are not that bad, has to be on par with Brentford and Preston or even better but we are worse. 

We have decent players and we can add two more but he doesn't know how to get the best out of them. This season we won some games by luck and we had less bad luck than before. The football from LJ is not top 6. 

If we change now we can come back with a fresh mentality.

If I were him i will sing my resignation immediately, not waiting for a sacking.

Just now, Sturny said:

I’ve had this argument with people on here, people will just bring up his 100+ prem appearances and ignore his poor form.

He wasnt good enough for prem though as he ended up in championship. Strange argument from people bringing up the past. Maybe he was better then. I used to watch a lot of Villa and he just did a very basic up and down the line job for a terrible team who fought it out at the bottom of the table. But regardless of what player he was, like you say, it's what he is now that matters.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well, I wasn't going to bother to watch today as feared another LJ clueless performance, wish I'd joined my sons who are watching PL on Prime now!

Started the half decent enough with some passing around, but longer the half went on the more wayward our passing has got. We seem unable to string tow forward passes together. Brownhill for the 4th match running looks like he is trying to control a bar of soap rather then a football. Weimann a complete waste of time again. 45 mins against a poor Charlton side and not a single shot on target.

LJ needs to go, we have gone stale and LJ has no idea how to inspire us to get back to winning ways. 

Johnson OUT, Hughton In for me.

Nah let’s get a manager that actually plays to our strengths. Jovanokic IN.

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

He can not prove more here, this is the best he can do. The players are not that bad, has to be on par with Brentford and Preston or even better but we are worse. 

We have decent players and we can add two more but he doesn't know how to get the best out of them. This season we won some games by luck and we had less bad luck than before. The football from LJ is not top 6. 

If I were him i will sing my resignation immediately, not waiting for a sacking.

Perhaps that’s why you aren’t him...no self belief

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The amount of money we spent on Massengo sums us up. All talk all promise and will probably reach his potential somewhere else but the chances of him scoring or creating for us is minimal to zero.

we are building, dont you know; if we are very lucky we could be playing the gas, if not we will swap places with them.

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

There will be far to large a percentage of people on here w***ing themselves silly so they can type Johnson out again it seems.

There will also be a large percentage pretending that everything is alright and we are fine and not on our way to another standard losing streak. 

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

it was very much tongue in cheek maybe sarcastic , sorry . But the team was set up not to concede . We have no identity . We have no strategy . Out of ideas , players signed at random ( even if individuals have merits ) 

we need a new coaching direction and at a much higher level . 

Oh shit. Sorry! 

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

Lj thinks far too much of himself to walk, big second half needed, if we get the next goal it’s game on , coyr

2 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I’m completely bamboozled about the opinions that people believe semenyo should come on for Weimann , top goal scorer at the moment with one of the hardest work ethics . Whereas semenyo is an unproven striker who looks unready for the championship ????

I'd rather go for option 3....and that's have neither of them on the field.

I'd rather have Taylor these days....and that's saying something 

Seriously though, how have we managed to go from two of the most exciting/best results of the season against Huddersfield and then Fulham to this...?

I know we’ve had some poor performances but I didn’t see another LJ losing streak coming on. Thought we’d moved beyond those days.

Archived