IGNORED

Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 24

Septic Peg

7 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Iam watching brenford v swans i have to sa brentford are a joy to watch pace all over the pitch slick one twos and of course ollie watkins up front whilst we have marley watkins i strongley suggest lj and his coaching staff take a day off and see how the game should be played

This is the biggest issue/frustration for me. We went for it against Fulham and Huddersfield and looked a very, very decent team, and I don't mind us trying to play like that and losing a few or conceding if we are trying to play that way - that is what I would call an "identity" that we keep hearing about, and that type of play would become more consistent the more we do it. I also wouldn't expect us to play that well every single game, but I would expect us to try to and keep the way we play consistent. We just seem so different in each and every game, it is just baffling.

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Not fickle but past glories and all that. Neither have performed to their capabilities for many weeks now. I know they are good players but today they have coughed up the ball every time they have had it. Yes they were great months ago butI don’t think it is unreasonable to ask what either of them have done in the last month or so. 

That’s a different question to “why do we think they are good”. They ARE good players, the question you’re asking is why are they out of form. Nagy had an unfortunate injury and Massengo is young and still learning.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

This is the biggest issue/frustration for me. We went for it against Fulham and Huddersfield and looked a very, very decent team, and I don't mind us trying to play like that and losing a few or conceding if we are trying to play that way - that is what I would call an "identity" that we keep hearing about, and that type of play would become more consistent the more we do it. I also wouldn't expect us to play that well every single game, but I would expect us to try to and keep the way we play consistent. We just seem so different in each and every game, it is just baffling.

Didn't one of the players hint after the Huddersfield game that they'd been given a bit more freedom? I do think Johnson over complicates things and a lot of games the formation and starting 11 are wrong. Just like today it changes and we get back into the game 

Archived