IGNORED

How long will the annual winless streak be this year?

BasSavage88

I think Lee and Gary Johnson are trying to set an unique record. Gary has lost 7 league matches in a row and, during this period,  Lee has lost 4. Has there ever been a family combo with a similar record?  To give Gary his due, he did manage to win a cup match recently 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think Lee and Gary Johnson are trying to set an unique record. Gary has lost 7 league matches in a row and, during this period,  Lee has lost 4. Has there ever been a family combo with a similar record?  To give Gary his due, he did manage to win a cup match recently 

Pongo....they've agreed first to 10

40 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

If we lose to Luton it’s a huge concern that’s for sure

If we lose to Luton there'll be a toxic atmosphere, punctuated with screams of "Johnson out!"

That would leave the Board with an interesting decision ahead of our New Years Day clash with an impressive Brentford, because LJ would be under huge pressure which could easily affect our fragile players.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

If we lose to Luton there'll be a toxic atmosphere, punctuated with screams of "Johnson out!"

That would leave the Board with an interesting decision ahead of our New Years Day clash with an impressive Brentford, because LJ would be under huge pressure which could easily affect our fragile players.

...possibly...but when did we last hear a rousing 'what a load of rubbish' - Doncaster or Cardiff in the GJ era? I think the crowd has become far more forgiving.

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I’d be interested to see who turns up. If we lose to Luton I can’t believe I’m saying this but it may see Johnson out of a job. Saying that I think he deserves the January window.

I think part of the problem with Lee is that for all his good qualities, he can't lift the spirits of the squad when players morale and self-belief needs a boost. It just isn't his forte.

Hence the epic struggle to lift us out the mire when heads drop. Simple things go wrong, elementary mistakes are made.

In the Championship, clubs will always pounce on chances gifted them.

5 games. 

Archived