IGNORED

SACK HIM

pillred

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst I'm beginning to think LJ is weak tactically, you have to consider how many good players he has had to sell.  Bryan, Reid, Maggers, Flint, Webster, Pack, etc.  That has certainly not helped him.

But as we are always told when we sell a good player ‘all clubs are selling clubs unless you are Real Madrid’. Can’t have it both ways.  

4 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Any suggestions as alternatives?

He’s a capable manager but let’s not get carried away.

Sorry but you could say Di Matteo or Roy Keane . Good players but as coaches they leave as much to be desired as the guy many want out here.

I don’t know who’s available but people have spoken of Hughton.

Lansdown has hired a top international coach for the Bears maybe he should consider the same approach for the football club .

I like LJ , he talks a good game and I don’t doubt his motivation. My personal feeling is that we hired him too soon .

We need a hard nosed successful coach who knows what is required to move us up a level . Hughton fits that bill.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This is exactly what would happen . He would then struggle, we plummet down the table ,,sack him and then appoint someone unsuitable from outside the club .

Major, its in our DNA as Bristol City FC. Even on main website Holden said about our DNA. After 60 + years going down the gate I know more about our DNA than a top class surgeon would. Only way is a top class known coach but thats not Lansdown's DNA or will he surprise us all.............................................we wait

Just now, pillred said:

So after our 4th loss on the bounce after twice leading against a team who hadn't won in 12 games is OTT, well as Bob Monkhouse would say "well their not laughing now"

Its just a game of football! Obviously all still important to a lot of people, very important to me in fact and very frustrating.

It’s easy to forget it but every now and again you see a post, like yours and just think well cor blimey, this is all abit silly isn’t it. 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry but you could say Di Matteo or Roy Keane . Good players but as coaches they leave as much to be desired as the guy many want out here.

Lansdown has hired a top international coach for the Bears maybe he should consider the same approach for the football club .

I like LJ , he talks a good game and I don’t doubt his motivation. My personal feeling is that we hired him too soon .

We need a hard nosed successful coach who knows what is required to move us up a level . Hughton fits that bill.

Just wish we’d snapped up McCarthy before Ireland did. Hughton could be successful but I fear he is holding out for West Ham. Sherwood is the best we can achieve.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree - we need a coach who commands the respect of a talented squad.

I'd have an immense amount of respect for Wilbs...did it sound to any of us who listened to that podcast as though he 'respected' LJ? I thought not.

And why would any successful players - lets face it anyone playing at Championship level is successful - respect Lee Johnson? What has he ever achieved? All talk.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Agreed. We now have a very good squad of high quality players. We need a manager that demands respect and has a history to back it up. LJ isn't that man IMO

It's very boring to watch city atm. All the staff mention identity but I for one cannot bloody see it. Not sure what we can do different but we concede far too many goals compared to last season and any ball that gets whipped in our box causes problems. LJ will only get sacked if we went on a 7 or 8 game losing run which I cannot see happening.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Hoping he goes really. 

Mainly just to see whether a new manager will actually make the massive difference some in here seem to think it will

It probably won't as SL will just appoint another yes man, so as LJ suits his future expectations, he's got a job for life.

53 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Clueless. Sadly. Best squad in decades...going nowhere. If he was managing Liverpool they'd be 8th. 

But lets face it. Some of us saw that a long time ago.

Get him out of our club...and don't put SL in charge of recruiting his successor!

If that was the case, we’d be going somewhere.

40 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

yes please  but you know it will be dean holden ! when lansdown sacked danny wilson he appointed tinnion i can still remember that awful morning after the brighton defeat

'trust me on Tinnion' - in an early assessment of SL's manager-picking skills I didn't!

9 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Its just a game of football! Obviously all still important to a lot of people, very important to me in fact and very frustrating.

It’s easy to forget it but every now and again you see a post, like yours and just think well cor blimey, this is all abit silly isn’t it. 

Is it really that silly? how many times has this happened? we flatter to deceive then go on one of our now infamous bad runs, not exactly the first time its happened is it, your patience is commendable and I have no idea how old you are but  would hazard a guess that you haven't been in this position as many times as some of us who post on here. your loyalty is to be commended and I hope in 10 years you're not as cynical as us and you're patience is rewarded, though as I have found don't hold your breath. 

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

If that was the case, we’d be going somewhere.

well...I'd stay that in almost every position we have better players than in times past, and I'm thinking back 40 years now. And we have a squad of potential first team players...not 11 on the pitch and some dregs.

And we can turn it on...but not often!

Just now, pillred said:

Is it really that silly? how many times has this happened? we flatter to deceive then go on one of our now infamous bad runs, not exactly the first time its happened is it, your patience is commendable and I have no idea how old you are but  would hazard a guess that you haven't been in this position as many times as some of us who post on here. your loyalty is to be commended and I hope in 10 years you're not as cynical as us and you're patience is rewarded, though as I have found don't hold your breath. 

Meant abit silly in the overall context of life tbh mate

Just now, Frenchay Red said:

And just like the present head coach, unfortunately has not learned from his mistakes.

Tins has proved to be an excellent youth coach and talent spotter...I felt for him...never a manager...perhaps LJ is in exactly the same position, in the wrong role.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Tins has proved to be an excellent youth coach and talent spotter...I felt for him...never a manager...perhaps LJ is in exactly the same position, in the wrong role.

I think you have a point about LJ. Seems he's looked on as a good player coach. Maybe he should give Pep a call and ask for Arteta's job!

Archived