IGNORED

SACK HIM

pillred

21 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For what’s it worth I’d take McCarthy here in a heartbeat. Apart from an excellent track record at Championship level, he strikes me as the sort of manager who would get a consistent level of performance and the best out of the players at his disposal - which is exactly what we’re not doing at the moment.

There was a lot of demand for McCarthy amongst some on one of LJ’s previous dismal runs. I’m certain he’d get more out of the current squad, sadly Ireland called.

I can't see him being sacked but if it does happen I would hope that someone is already lined up. If not then we should wait until the end of the season when someone like

Ainsworth, Jokanovich, Moyes or Hughton should be approached.

Another cut off point could be early March when Season Tickets go on sale.

23 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Talking of sackings?  I see the Villa faithful are beginning to call for Dean Smiths P45 to be activated.  Hopefully Aston will end up where they belong, back in the Championship?   I think they are doomed to relegation, which makes me happy  ??

IF that happens add Dean Smith to my list above.

On 26/12/2019 at 17:28, glos old boy said:

also ignore the 2pts between us and the bottom half of the table, but thats ok because it will suit you to ignore that and our current appalling losing streak made by streaky......will it need another record breaking run before the penny drops?

normally sack people for being 2 points of the relegation zone not while they are in the top half and had a reasonable start.

45 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Talking of sackings?  I see the Villa faithful are beginning to call for Dean Smiths P45 to be activated.  Hopefully Aston will end up where they belong, back in the Championship?   I think they are doomed to relegation, which makes me happy  ??

Still waiting to see what’s happening about their ground sale!!!

Was thinking what with the Bears losing agonisingly in the last seconds last night to a team near the bottom of the table would a similar result tomorrow what with Steve being in a bit of a bad mood mean LJ could be vulnerable. I mean he must be feeling a bit peed off both teams starting well then losing to teams they would be expected to beat.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Was thinking what with the Bears losing agonisingly in the last seconds last night to a team near the bottom of the table would a similar result tomorrow what with Steve being in a bit of a bad mood mean LJ could be vulnerable. I mean he must be feeling a bit peed off both teams starting well then losing to teams they would be expected to beat.

.....or he may realise he has to open up his wallet a bit wider.

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

.....or he may realise he has to open up his wallet a bit wider.

...or maybe he dosent trust either to spend more millions wisely, i.e LJ there must be a limit on £ availability? we dont know how big any pot would be but alledgedly, I believe its not the initail cost but keeping our wage structure.

Thus likely short term loans this Jan looks fav..imo.

22 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Sullivan and Gold are humble enough to re-appoint Moyes. Time for Lansdown to do the same - appoint Cotts, sack Ashton, sell Brownhill: £25m January war chest for Cotts.

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Sullivan and Gold are humble enough to re-appoint Moyes. Time for Lansdown to do the same - appoint Cotts, sack Ashton, sell Brownhill: £25m January war chest for Cotts.

Unless Brownhill was sold for £25m then there wouldn't be a £25m warchest

On 26/12/2019 at 18:15, Banjo Island said:

Whilst ive had a gutsfull of lees tactics and relentless chopping and changing of the team is anyone really confident if lj were to be sacked steve would bring in the right man or would it be a safe internal appoitment

Mark Ashton is now employed by the club so, if he’s doing his job properly, he should have a list of suitable managerial candidates up his sleeve. 

On 26/12/2019 at 19:35, Davefevs said:

Assuming both remained if LJ went, I’m pretty sure Macca would take over.  SL has previously gone on record as saying that he sees bringing back Macca as him being a future City manager.

On the other hand SL has said he likes things run by a committee of one - himself. So she if he likes Macca, then Mark Ashton’s list will have to stay stuffed up his sleeve 

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Hello? Hello? Anyone? 

Nope, didn't think so. 

Fickle bunch of......

Amazing you accuse others of knee jerk reactions and then do this after one win!

I know it's confusing for you but most "out" posts I've read have actually been quite well reasoned and built up over time so a win against Luton is unlikely to change anything. I suspect the outers are all still outers.

I'm on the fence with LJ personally, but your kind of inflammatory post is just stupid.

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Hello? Hello? Anyone? 

Nope, didn't think so. 

Fickle bunch of......

God you dont half go on, do you? You offer absolutely nothing bar an odd snide comment. Weird one as you used to be someone who could put his opinion across well.

I guarantee every person who commented on this thread feels the exactly the same way even after a decent win over an awful opposition.

Strange.

Archived