IGNORED

SACK HIM

pillred

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Oh, sorry, forgot we are only judging LJs Bristol City career on December 2019. 

Silly me.

I thought he was always judged on a game-by-game basis - a sort of  rolling contract.

This allows for maximum knee-jerk reactionitis.

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I've criticised LJ for not being attack-minded enough (especially at home) and to start with our most talented player

something LJ himself seems to be coming around to. Can't see where i called for him to go.

Also as a paying BCFC customer, i think that entitles me to an opinion

Also as a paying BCFC customer, i think people who want LJ sacked are as thick as pig shit

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Oooooooh. Now that explains it. It all makes perfect sense now. 

Thank you @Downend City

Knee-jerk reactionitis is a well known medical condition - I am a fully qualified doctor you know!

The only person to be sacked first remotely linked to BCFC is the person that has the nerve and lack of Festive Spirit to write such hideous posts as this one. I suspect they like to see how much hate mail they can get in response to their stupid posts but I'd just like to see them at a game and have a 'conversation' with them!

2 hours ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Also as a paying BCFC customer, i think people who want LJ sacked are as thick as pig shit

I don't want WeeLee sacked but easily the best for all would be to see him ply his 'services' lower down the pyramid. Now in your book that may make me 'as thick as pig shit' though clearly only one of us understands 'redundancy': de facto a customer is someone who purchases goods or services in respect of a consideration being exchanged. "Paying BCFC customer," indeed......

I suspect that I am like a large number of City fans.

I don't WANT LJ sacked, but am sometimes exasperated by him. He clearly has talent as a modern, studious coach, but I wish he would address some of the issues that seem to constantly dog him, namely focussing too much on the opposition and setting us up to counter them instead of focussing o our strengths, and chopping and changing personnel and formations, so that we never seem able to play a settled team.

39 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I don't want WeeLee sacked but easily the best for all would be to see him ply his 'services' lower down the pyramid. Now in your book that may make me 'as thick as pig shit' though clearly only one of us understands 'redundancy': de facto a customer is someone who purchases goods or services in respect of a consideration being exchanged. "Paying BCFC customer," indeed......

Would it be the best for all?

I’m sure LJ (or WeeLee as you bizarrely call him) wouldn’t agree 

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I don't WANT LJ sacked, but am sometimes exasperated by him. He clearly has talent as a modern, studious coach, but I wish he would address some of the issues that seem to constantly dog him, namely focussing too much on the opposition and setting us up to counter them instead of focussing o our strengths, and chopping and changing personnel and formations, so that we never seem able to play a settled team.

Exactly. I’ve said many, many times that at home I want us to play like the home team, ie dominate the game and impose ourselves on the opposition on the whole. Not to sit back and allow ourselves to be bullied and to have to change our play once we allow the visiting to dictate the game. 

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. I’ve said many, many times that at home I want us to play like the home team, ie dominate the game and impose ourselves on the opposition on the whole. Not to sit back and allow ourselves to be bullied and to have to change our play once we allow the visiting to dictate the game. 

Interesting tactical trend along these lines that I've noticed in this division lately though, the division a side is in will affect a side and their setup- though I agree, more proactivity is needed at home in particular.

Counterattacking at home is increasingly commonplace btw- well I say counterattacking, more like strong counter pressing. It's interesting to note though that possession and winning sides doesn't correlate so much in this division even at home, ATM. Noticed a few games of late where it wasn't the case. Dominance of, and imposing on the opposition can be done in different ways.

Perhaps playing at home and getting that dominance is harder in general than it once was.

A quick look at the Table comparitives suggest that in addition to us, WBA, Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Swansea also all have a superior away to home record!

15 minutes ago, downendcity said:

So you’re wanting to see a gung ho approach from the team on NYD?

I've just had a quick look and I've probably added the figures up wrong but an early estimate is that the average home win ratio so far this season at this level?

About 44.48%! Certainly not many teams can declare their home grounds a fortress this season!

Not so easy to win at home at this level, it seems- not right now anyway, interesting to see how that develops

<50% wins at home, is quite a turnup though!

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you’re wanting to see a gung ho approach from the team on NYD?

Where did I say I want us to go gun ho?

It is not gung ho to pick a team and formation that maximises our strengths and then starting a match on the front foot and looking to impose ourselves on the opposition.

That is as compared to paying the opposition too much respect, picking a team almost solely to counter the opposition's perceived threats, even if it means suppressing our own strengths, and  (especially at AG) conceding the initiative to the opposition, so that we are on the back foot and all too often relying on a grandstand second half showing (even going a bit gun ho!) to save a game or try to snatch a late winner.

If you have a look at the form guide for this league it’s all over the shop. Any team can beat any other team. We have had a bit of a blip - hopefully we can go on a bit of a run and get back up. We are around the playoffs which is where we want to be so I don’t get the lynch LJ brigade. We are doing good. A B grade from me for 2019

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If you have a look at the form guide for this league it’s all over the shop. Any team can beat any other team. We have had a bit of a blip - hopefully we can go on a bit of a run and get back up. We are around the playoffs which is where we want to be so I don’t get the lynch LJ brigade. We are doing good. A B grade from me for 2019

It’s not really the form guide, although that really doesn’t help recently- its more the turgid football at home over 2 years 

I enjoyed the win on Saturday v a bottom side but not going to get carried away with it 

19 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That’s pretty much sums up what Holloway said on Guest last night.

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

- its more the turgid football at home over 2 years

I get you but playing like Man City every game is impossible at this level. Crapdiff went up 2 yrs ago playing turgid stuff but they were strong with a decent defence etc.

I do wish we would setup more attacking at home but it’s LJ being pragmatic.  

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s pretty much sums up what Holloway said on Guest last night.

Well I’ll wash my mouth out with soap and water then ! FFS

8 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

It’s not really the form guide, although that really doesn’t help recently- its more the turgid football at home over 2 years 

I enjoyed the win on Saturday v a bottom side but not going to get carried away with it 

In 50+ years I've long since learned not to get carried away with it.

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That will be why he is out of work now as a manager then.

He doesn’t need to be in football these days - he makes a tidy sum with his tv and radio punditry.

I do know that before Monk was appointed at the Owls loads of their fans wanted Holloway as their manager.

4 hours ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

I want him sacked. Mainly because it is boring watching us and I feel the team is underachieving and the manager has failed to make the most of huge advantages over his peers.  I am not thick as pig shit.  If you genuinely think that someone with a differing opinion to you is necessarily 'thick as pig shit', then I politely suggest that, actually, you are the one that is 'thick as pig shit'.

Archived