IGNORED

LJ - simple choice Stick or Twist

old_eastender

LJ - simple choice Stick or Twist?  

577 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been here 4 years , won bugger all. Beat Man U in the cup , played well v Man City. 
sold a few players , made a profit on some , brought loads of players don’t play some , loan some out , some for the future, give some a new contract  then don’t start them , guy with the highest amount of assists left on bench until we are trailing .

its like Brewsters millions , but with uncle Steve’s money 

I’m going to say stick and while I like Lee and overall I think he has taken us forward, we have now lost all confidence, can’t defend - midfield was atrocious again and well we know we need a striker. On that point how good is Bonne?

for me he gets one more transfer window to get a striker he desperately has needed for 2 years, then the rest of the season to try and find a consistent line up, shape and first 11.

if we finish in mid table obscurity you have to ask if their needs to be an amicable parting of the ways.

The football is very poor at the moment, even after 4 awful performance defeats sacking after those would be a too quick decision for my liking. 

I think it’ll be atleast 3-4 more matches of similar poor quality before SL considers it.

I hugely dislike the football right now, but I’d say stick.... for the moment..  

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

He’s taken us as far as he can. I’m grateful but a little fed up with the excuses, not played well for months. No hard feelings but we need fresh start.

This is also my opinion. If we had no manager at this time with the same squad of players, the same money in the account and the transfer window coming up next week, would Lee Johnson be our first choice as manager? I don't think so.

I would stick UNTIL the right Manager who can take us forward comes along (and his team) then sack Johnson and his team, hand them their Compo cheques and appoint the replacements immediately. As a club we are too nice and not ruthless enough to do that......

So expect more 8-14th places finishes each season that  could have promised much more bar a relegation form run.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Give him this window to turn it around.  Still floundering by March - time to go. Finish lower than last season - time to go.

How many windows goes he need to turn it around? He’s had 6/7 windows and a shed load of players and still doesn’t know how to pick a team or formation.

get rid now before more money and time is wasted

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Give him this window to turn it around.  Still floundering by March - time to go. Finish lower than last season - time to go.

Well we're unlikely to be relegated so risk is minimal. I'm certainly on the fence but starting to lean towards sacking him.

We just seem to keep going around in circles.

Give him his due, we have a better squad than when he joined but he needs to get more out of them and I'm not convinced he can.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m on the fence.

STICK - if we see a settled system, less clubs in the bag type signings (Believe MA is driving some of this)

SACK - if we’re gonna see formation changes and double substitutes every games and a bloated squad.

Me to.

we sometimes forget he’s a 38 year old bloke that’s turned us into a stable champo club. We sell our best players and mainly deal in the ‘ up and coming player ‘ market.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

He has had his chance and found wanting in so many basics compared to a top coach . He needs to go away and learn from a lower level . He is dedicated , works hard , is not a bad person, far from it , but his lack of ability is holding the club back . He can become a decent coach but needs to learn some of the basics first . He is not a stand out talent . Yet . Too much too early . 

I think you’re right, but could another solution be to bring in someone to advise/coach him.  Not even an official appointment as such, one under the radar, an experienced head who would like a few days a week work?  Probably out of our league, Wenger, probably unpopular, Warnock,  but they are just examples.   It may not work, LJ might reject it, but I know that if my boss thought I wasn’t performing on a particular project, he’d have no hesitation in putting someone in to oversee it and get it on track.

30 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Personally I think he has taken us as far as he is capable, so I'd go for bringing in someone who has achieved promotion from the Championship before, Chris Hughton perhaps being the obvious choice.

Warnock for 6 months? I know he's not liked much but there's been no better manager at getting promoted 

23 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I’m going to say stick and while I like Lee and overall I think he has taken us forward, we have now lost all confidence, can’t defend - midfield was atrocious again and well we know we need a striker. On that point how good is Bonne?

for me he gets one more transfer window to get a striker he desperately has needed for 2 years, then the rest of the season to try and find a consistent line up, shape and first 11.

if we finish in mid table obscurity you have to ask if their needs to be an amicable parting of the ways.

I am totally against this but it is fair. We were nowhere near this dire with Afobe showing what one player can do to a team. 

My disagreement is he should be getting more out of this side Afobe or not. Which is a performance thing more than anything. The results earlier in the season were a bit lucky but have to give some credit for getting them but football has been dire for months. Thinking like Cardiff away for example. Feels good but extremely lucky to get a point let alone 3

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m on the fence.

STICK - if we see a settled system, less clubs in the bag type signings (Believe MA is driving some of this)

SACK - if we’re gonna see formation changes and double substitutes every games and a bloated squad.

How’s he going to change Dave, he’s still making the same mistakes he was making 4 years ago 

Archived