IGNORED

LJ - simple choice Stick or Twist

old_eastender

LJ - simple choice Stick or Twist?  

577 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Stick until it’s not possible to reach playoffs. If we are to bring someone in someone who plays good football and has a good track record. 

What would be the point in that? Laughable comment. Bar a couple of games this season we've looked nothing like a play off side. Get rid now and give someone a chance to get us in there. The play offs are wide open this season. Bar the top two ( and leeds will bottle it again mark my words)  this league is bang average.

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I've always stuck by LJ because I think he's a genuinely talented and forward-thinking coach, but we just haven't got any better over the last 3 seasons and I think he's gone stale

...and maybe that's the issue...he's a coach...not a manager, not a leader of men, not a decision maker...

EDIT: indeed in football terms he's an absolute nobody...achieved nothing substantial, lower league player who mainly played in sides picked by his Dad - and as a manager? Dilch.

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Well we're unlikely to be relegated so risk is minimal. I'm certainly on the fence but starting to lean towards sacking him.

We just seem to keep going around in circles.

Give him his due, we have a better squad than when he joined but he needs to get more out of them and I'm not convinced he can.

Pretty much my view, Gaz.

In practice though, I can't see Lansdown sacking him at this precise moment.

Just now, billywedlock said:

I did not say that . Lost the dressing room is newspaper talk . But there are issues . Heard first time a month ago . Now from multiple people . I don’t want to say what they say as I’ve not heard directly. But issues there are . We are not getting the best from our squad that I think is obvious 

Anything to do with Williams arrival?

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I did not say that . Lost the dressing room is newspaper talk . But there are issues . Heard first time a month ago . Now from multiple people . I don’t want to say what they say as I’ve not heard directly. But issues there are . We are not getting the best from our squad that I think is obvious 

unsubstantiated rumours are good enough for me ?

Got to go, hopefully there is a replacement available before the window closes.  Johnson is tactically inept, I don’t believe the players are on board with his bullshit, it can’t be a coincidence that the squad has improved over the 4 seasons, but we have endured 4 seasons of his streaky performance and suffered the most boring home form for a very long time in the last 2 seasons - the fans are entitled to demand better and the owner should reward the fans for their loyalty.

Current form shows that we will not make the playoffs, but should the unexpected happen, junior will not be able to inspire the team to do any better than we did in 2008!  Which is bloody criminal, 2008 most of our squad would have been moved on if we had succeeded - difference now is that the Johnson currently in charge is not a leader or inspirational! 

6 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Got to go, hopefully there is a replacement available before the window closes.  Johnson is tactically inept, I don’t believe the players are on board with his bullshit, it can’t be a coincidence that the squad has improved over the 4 seasons, but we have endured 4 seasons of his streaky performance and suffered the most boring home form for a very long time in the last 2 seasons - the fans are entitled to demand better and the owner should reward the fans for their loyalty.

Current form shows that we will not make the playoffs, but should the unexpected happen, junior will not be able to inspire the team to do any better than we did in 2008!  Which is bloody criminal, 2008 most of our squad would have been moved on if we had succeeded - difference now is that the Johnson currently in charge is not a leader or inspirational! 

Where I disagree is the first sentence. We could very, very easily do a lot worse than Lee Johnson so no decision should be made until a replacement is lined up. But now is the time for the board to be sounding people out and getting a clear idea of who is willing to be in the frame.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Stickig for now but five winnable games are coming up. Less than three wins from now up until 5pm on the day of the Barnsley fixture and I supect I will vote the other way.

Surely today was a "winnable game" on paper? I wish I felt as optimistic as you. 

Just now, City_USA said:

Surely today was a "winnable game" on paper? I wish I felt as optimistic as you. 

You read me wrong. I am pessimistic rather than optimistic and feel snap decisions easily end with the wrong manager in place. A month ago there was no clear reason to change the manager so no plans will be in place. Five games gives us time - if LJ gets our form back then all is well. If not, we can plan a replacement. I am starting to think we can do better but that is not to say ANY new manager would be an improvement.

Archived