IGNORED

Next two games

daored

Sunday we play Luton who best us earlier in the season 3-0 and currently drawing 3-3 with Fulham @ home.

Wednesday 1st January we play Brentford, personally a team I think are one of the top teams in this league.

Both will come to Ashton Gate with no fear of playing us, and both teams more than capable of scoring goals against us.

Expectations for the next two games. These could be huge in Johnson’s future at the club, two bad results and performances, could we see his tenure ended ?

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Sunday we play Luton who best us earlier in the season 3-0 and currently drawing 3-3 with Fulham @ home.

Wednesday 1st January we play Brentford, personally a team I think are one of the top teams in this league.

Both will come to Ashton Gate with no fear of playing us, and both teams more than capable of scoring goals against us.

Expectations for the next two games. These could be huge in Johnson’s future at the club, two bad results and performances, could we see his tenure ended ?

I think LJ will sack him at some point. People think he won't, but I'm sure he will lose patience like anyone would. It's ridiculous with the players we have that we have lost the last 4. It's not a lack of effort from the players. It's not lack of ability. It's that he's picking the wrong team and wrong shape every game.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I think LJ will sack him at some point. People think he won't, but I'm sure he will lose patience like anyone would. It's ridiculous with the players we have that we have lost the last 4. It's not a lack of effort from the players. It's not lack of ability. It's that he's picking the wrong team and wrong shape every game.

Couldn't agree more . But this has been, if not obvious, at least arguable, for months - a more ambitious and flexible and less proud club owner might have concluded this after the terrible run just under two years ago. Lee Johnson simply isn't up to the job, but given the squads he's been given he gets regularly dug out of a hole by his players. 

However, based on past form I'd sadly assume that SL's pride will prevent him from sacking Johnson until our moment has passed. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

First time in football history that the manager has sacked the chairman?  ?

53 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

The problem with Lee is he will set up not to lose and we will get beat anyway by a team who have a game plan where as we are clueless

Exactly. Fed up of it. 

This is O’Driscoll football now. And im not having the ‘yeah but look where we were with him’ argument as LJ inherited a much better situation and has spent a small fortune since ( yes i know weve sold a lot ).

What i cant hack now, and Holden said it pre-match is the tripe about identity etc. What is it? Do they even know what it is? Because unless its sitting back and playing generally aimless football, then im not sure what theyre trying to make themselves believe.

We are nearing the time for change imo. If we dont beat Luton, im sure we’ll see Brentford’s identity the next match and i’m not convinced we’ll cope with it!! Not beating Luton will be enough for me. He may buy some time with a win but i can already feel the embarrassment of a Brentford drubbing coming!

New year coming. New head coach/Manager too.........??

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Exactly. Fed up of it. 

This is O’Driscoll football now. And im not having the ‘yeah but look where we were with him’ argument as LJ inherited a much better situation and has spent a small fortune since ( yes i know weve sold a lot ).

What i cant hack now, and Holden said it pre-match is the tripe about identity etc. What is it? Do they even know what it is? Because unless its sitting back and playing generally aimless football, then im not sure what theyre trying to make themselves believe.

We are nearing the time for change imo. If we dont beat Luton, im sure we’ll see Brentford’s identity the next match and i’m not convinced we’ll cope with it!! Not beating Luton will be enough for me. He may buy some time with a win but i can already feel the embarrassment of a Brentford drubbing coming!

New year coming. New head coach/Manager too.........??

I think you summed it up its the Aimless  balls lumped up I used to enjoy watching City play with two wingers and have a go but now we are just bored into  watching nothing because that's generally what happens

Archived