IGNORED

Message to SL

Langford Red

45 minutes ago, RedDave said:

03C752F7-E75A-41EC-A2A1-647D75FA5B33.png

3 times in 3 threads you've posted this inflammatory crap without any substance behind it.

Yes you'll get the usual unbalanced posts but people are more than entitled to post negativity right now or at least question the managers position.

32 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

On the face of it, it may look like we have an attractive club in the championship. But, the wage cap we have is not an attractive proposition for players to come down here.

How many times have we been linked to a top player and we are willing to pay the transfer fee but when it comes to actually signing it doesn't go through.

If I was a footballer and not from this area I would much rather live somewhere a little worse but get a much higher wage packet at the end of the month and provide better for my family in the long run. Look at Andre Gray to Burnley instead of us for example. If we paid the wages that Burnley did at the time or more, he would have been a Bristol City player.

It may look attractive to US but as a footballer with a limited life span on my job to earn maximum money, it is not an attractive club.

Possibly but this seems to be going up as well. Kalas on 25k allegedly. I’d say that would get us a fair amount of available players willing to drop a division. Maybe that is a naive thought though. I think most of the best players in this years championship are within that 25k a week range. 

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

3 times in 3 threads you've posted this inflammatory crap without any substance behind it.

Yes you'll get the usual unbalanced posts but people are more than entitled to post negativity right now or at least question the managers position.

I agree. It would have been more appropriate after the first or second losses. 4 in a row is completely acceptable to not be happy about things. 

Just now, RedDave said:

Backed it up plenty of times. No point in me posting what I posted last week. 

What meltdown inevitable? I missed it. It certainly happens when it's not deserved, I'll agree to that.

For the uneducated masses, please enlightenen us.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Possibly but this seems to be going up as well. Kalas on 25k allegedly. I’d say that would get us a fair amount of available players willing to drop a division. Maybe that is a naive thought though. I think most of the best players in this years championship are within that 25k a week range. 

It's going up massively. We could compete with wages in this division but choose not to. 

Kalas is a rare one I think as we won him over with his loan and hes never really had a home club, but that is no way the case with any other top player in the championship. 

I bet Swansea, Leeds, WBA, Forest, Derby, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke best paid players are much higher than Kalas wages.

43 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

He also said that if the team had known how the result had gone, before kick off, they would have made different decisions during it. Is it just me or is that just total bullshit?

Whaaaaaaaat!!!

That’s unbelievable.  I’m staggered!

re wages, we have a top half Champ wage bill.  As I understand it we are paying too much for some players!  I know that’s not true for top players though, where bar your Kalas’s, it’s tough to attract.

Many years ago when we were struggling to get out of the third tier, I suggested we were a nice club for the average player to come to.  Are we starting to become that in the Champ.

2 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

It's going up massively. We could compete with wages in this division but choose not to. 

Kalas is a rare one I think as we won him over with his loan and hes never really had a home club, but that is no way the case with any other top player in the championship. 

I bet Swansea, Leeds, WBA, Forest, Derby, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke best paid players are much higher than Kalas wages.

Oh no doubt with the last bit. Kalas agree with as well. Just saying think we can compete for a good portion of players but waste a lot and don’t get the most out of others 

35 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Will have to get more Swedish/ Finnish players in for the winter games and Spanish/Portuguese for the summer games i guess!

Strange how no other manager has thought of doing that. Just shows what a young forward thinking manager we have. 

13 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

He has a habit of throwing the players under the bus.
People are seeing through him finally. Johnson should look in the mirror for once.

Yet there was a thread the other day saying he was too soft with them. Damned if you do etc.

In any event if a player makes an individual error that costs a goal they should be man enough to take it on the chin.

Modern players do seem awfully sensitive though.

20 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Yesterday's Guardian reported that Swansea are paying Ayew £80k a week. This is a club that is said to have made massive cut backs after relegation!

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yet there was a thread the other day saying he was too soft with them. Damned if you do etc.

In any event if a player makes an individual error that costs a goal they should be man enough to take it on the chin.

Modern players do seem awfully sensitive though.

He blames the players for his own failings. Was chatting to an agent of more than one of the current squad back in the summer - he's known for it.

EDIT: known and disrespected for it.

Think that SL made a line in the sand decision before the start of the season and he’ll stick with it, whatever. Top 6 or LJ will be gone. I thought this was a bit harsh originally, given the big sales and the need to rebuild after the summer, but now think it’s fair. I think LJ would accept it now as well. 

Archived