IGNORED

2-1 up (away), 3-2 down

Davefevs

Yes, it happens, but at 2-1 up, I see us bombing forward, committing men, and allowing the game to stay open...which gives Charlton a chance.

I’m fine with controlled counter-attacking, but it was like we were chasing the game.  Too many players beyond the ball, so when you lose it you’re stuffed.

Poor defensively for the goals admittedly.

One other thing, for all his brilliance, I’ve thought it for a while, Bentley is a reticent to come off his line.  We don’t half have to head balls away on our 6 yard line.  It’s an area where Mäenpää’s better.

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

It happens constantly.

I dont think it was mentioned on here but look at Fuhlams chance at the end when they hit the bar. How the hell do we get caught on the break in 94 miniute? I couldn't believe my eyes.

It’s why I don’t believe those that say LJ sets us up not to lose.  I genuinely don’t think he does.  But he needs to learn when to sit on a lead (especially away) or accept a draw is a good point gained.

3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Take you back to the wolves game..... puts Flinty up front to break the deadlock against 10 men.. works a treat CH pulled towards Flint and Bobby scores. Now, at that point i assumed that we would pull Flinty back to Ch and shut up shop.. look to hit them on the break.....hmmmmm.....

I still say we would’ve eventually won the game without even needing to put Flint up top, but I agree 100% with what you say.  Our goal that evening came from a slick passing move, with no ball up to target-man Flint!

1 hour ago, Will Rollason said:

Take you back to the wolves game..... puts Flinty up front to break the deadlock against 10 men.. works a treat CH pulled towards Flint and Bobby scores. Now, at that point i assumed that we would pull Flinty back to Ch and shut up shop.. look to hit them on the break.....hmmmmm.....

I think we were all thinking the same thing. Well, maybe all but one of us.

16 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Bang on. What a missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, it happens, but at 2-1 up, I see us bombing forward, committing men, and allowing the game to stay open...which gives Charlton a chance.

I’m fine with controlled counter-attacking, but it was like we were chasing the game.  Too many players beyond the ball, so when you lose it you’re stuffed.

Poor defensively for the goals admittedly.

One other thing, for all his brilliance, I’ve thought it for a while, Bentley is a reticent to come off his line.  We don’t half have to head balls away on our 6 yard line.  It’s an area where Mäenpää’s better.

Yep, I was screaming at the tv a few times today. Overall, I think Bentley's form seems to have waivered a bit since becoming a father and if Mäenpää was fit I'd put him in.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still say we would’ve eventually won the game without even needing to put Flint up top, but I agree 100% with what you say.  Our goal that evening came from a slick passing move, with no ball up to target-man Flint!

Yes Dave, but Flints presence in the box pulled both Centre half's to him, anticipating a ball to the back post, leaving a gap for Bobby who got slipped in by Brownhill? 

That actually wasn't my point though, it was that after the goal ,as Sleepy said elsewhere in this thread, we all expected LJ to pull Flint back.... job done... Wolves would have had to come onto us.. as it was Flint stayed up and they got in behind because we had all gone gung ho... and well.. the rest is history.... game management is what i'm talking about...

4 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Yes Dave, but Flints presence in the box pulled both Centre half's to him, anticipating a ball to the back post, leaving a gap for Bobby who got slipped in by Brownhill? 

That actually wasn't my point though, it was that after the goal ,as Sleepy said elsewhere in this thread, we all expected LJ to pull Flint back.... job done... Wolves would have had to come onto us.. as it was Flint stayed up and they got in behind because we had all gone gung ho... and well.. the rest is history.... game management is what i'm talking about...

Yes, I’ll concede that point, just watched it back ??

definitely re game management.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s why I don’t believe those that say LJ sets us up not to lose.  I genuinely don’t think he does.  But he needs to learn when to sit on a lead (especially away) or accept a draw is a good point gained.

Trouble is he Davefevs I,m not sure he actually knows himself. Today really showed what a shambles we are from top to bottom... I stated a few weeks back before Millwall we will be 8/10 come NY day and 8 to 10 pts adrift of 6th place and it certainly looks like they won't let me down. We are miles off being a serious top 6 team by some way and I'd say 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Trouble is he Davefevs I,m not sure he actually knows himself. Today really showed what a shambles we are from top to bottom... I stated a few weeks back before Millwall we will be 8/10 come NY day and 8 to 10 pts adrift of 6th place and it certainly looks like they won't let me down. We are miles off being a serious top 6 team by some way and I'd say 2 seasons.

You’re probably right.

Archived