IGNORED

A few things I noticed today.

Lez

1....that first half wasnt 352.....it was 53massivegap2.

I'm not a football manager but even I know that you need someone to feed the front 2 or you will achieve absolutely nothing.....nagy massengo and brownhill all sat in front of defence leaving a huge gap to strikers who received zero service.....on the couple of occasions are full backs got into oppo half they had to turn back cos they had no attacking option linking to the front 2 .

I was awful, absolutely dire....we had one good passage of play and guess what.....in between half way and 3 quarter line....absolutely no threat whatsoever.  Was brownhill supposed to play in front of the 2? Didnt happen.....and how palmer szmodics weren't on bench is beyond me assuming illness or suspension.That formation was Mciness like today so awful that no sane person could have come up with this.

2. Nagy is a class act.

Yes he gives the ball away occasionally it happens but he is the one who makes us tick.... he is so much better when he goes on runs from cm rather than sitting back in the holding role.....second half everything started with him and his runs through the middle were a threat. Some people wont get him and what he does but we need people on his wavelength because he is  streets ahead than the majority of others with what he wants to do.

3. Kalas saved us twice in first half.....9/10 first half performance but seemed to get outmiscled for the 2nd goal.

4. Eliasson must start.

5. LJ is not getting the most out of these players today their were flashes of good football especially in the 2nd half.....but for large spells we looked awful and disjointed and how LJ could set us up like that in the first half.....with quality coaching and structure this team could be great.....wont be with LJ sorry.

Just now, BarnzFM said:

Red button camera angle really showed how big the gaps were. Forwards would press but defenders don’t push up

Defenders tried to drive with the ball which was a change from last game.....problem is the middle of the pitch gets so packed you are relying on full backs getting well up the pitch....which they didnt do.

It was horrible stuff when they play near passing football on the halfway line but get absolutely no where cos the options arent there. I put it down to horrible coaching.

2 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Also had a problem with our centre mids getting pulled out wide leaving gaps to

Centre mids excellent 2nd half because eliasson dragged players out giving them more space....this is why you play with quality wingers....they were doubling up and he still got balls in time and time again.

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Lee Bowyer  post match........ "Bristol City are a side that should be in the top six this season,.  There a good side,  look at the players they brought off the bench today.  So lets not underestimate what we have just done?"   Thanks Lee, fancy a job?  ?

We should be....

27 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Lee Bowyer  post match........ "Bristol City are a side that should be in the top six this season,.  There a good side,  look at the players they brought off the bench today.  So lets not underestimate what we have just done?"   Thanks Lee, fancy a job?  ?

The biggest possible indictment of LJs underachievement.

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

LJ   post match   "There were signs today in the second half than we can go and put a run together"  What kind of a run would that be then Lee?.........Winning or losing?

Bar one game all season when have we actually bossed a game we are reactive or totally bore the opposition to death 

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

how can he say there were signs of us going on a run. what game was he at. 2-1 up against a team which had 10 first teamers missing. and then getting beat. alot of signs in that. joke comments. 

We arent going on a run until april, once the weather improves, now he’s stated some of our players are trying to get used to the cold!! ?

14 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

how can he say there were signs of us going on a run. what game was he at. 2-1 up against a team which had 10 first teamers missing. and then getting beat. alot of signs in that. joke comments. 

Well we will go on a winning run, we always do, if you were City you would know these things.

29 minutes ago, nickolas said:

We arent going on a run until april, once the weather improves, now he’s stated some of our players are trying to get used to the cold!! ?

When I'm cold.............I run around alot to get warmed up.  You can use that, free of charge if you like, in your next coaching session  Lee?  ?

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

I blame the retail manager. 

The lack of beanies and gloves in the Club Shop is clearly having a wider impact than many of us thought. 

Archived