IGNORED

Merry Christmas to you all and .....I'll say again .....

southvillekiddy

I'll say again where is the sense in leaving your most dangerous player on the bench the first half and instead playing the turgid aimless limp-wristed dross (where we were pushed off the ball all over the pitch) that gives the other side the lead. It was one and we could have been 4-nil down at half time.

THEN you bring him on and he gets an assist almost as soon as he arrives and scores one to get us the lead on 60 minutes.

I can't think of another sport where this is common practice ie. wait until you are behind in a match before using your best players. Unfortunately our genius manager follows this barmy old-english methodology.

Surely if you get the lead by attacking then your coaching staff  should be able to train you in stopping the other side scoring. Once Niclas has done his bit then you can go all defensive by bringing on a defender. 

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

I'll say again where is the sense in leaving your most dangerous player on the bench the first half and instead playing the turgid aimless limp-wristed dross (where we were pushed off the ball all over the pitch) that gives the other side the lead. It was one and we could have been 4-nil down at half time.

THEN you bring him on and he gets an assist almost as soon as he arrives and scores one to get us the lead on 60 minutes.

I can't think of another sport where this is common practice ie. wait until you are behind in a match before using your best players. Unfortunately our genius manager follows this barmy old-english methodology.

Surely if you get the lead by attacking then your coaching staff  should be able to train you in stopping the other side scoring. Once Niclas has done his bit then you can go all defensive by bringing on a defender. 

Sadly I think Niclas will be off if ljs Still here at the end of the season and that would be criminal.

8 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

This is the cycle SL and LJ have created. Sign and develop talented players and piss them off because you are too gutless to go for it.

Didn't realise it was gutless not to risk the financial security of the club ?

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

This is the cycle SL and LJ have created. Sign and develop talented players and piss them off because you are too gutless to go for it.

Hi, just to point out that we'd have lost £25m last season of not for profit on player sales. 

That said,  Adams, Vydra or another suitable striker on loan would be ideal,  perhaps even essential. Someone of the pre-requisite quality and suitable for the style that LJ would purportedly, like us to play. 

Illogical statement by LJ after the game :

"Niclas was good when he came on and that's what we want on a consistent basis. It is a dilemma, to play Niclas or not, and when he turns it on and is fed in good areas, there aren't many more dangerous in the division. When he doesn't, that often leaves us having to over-defend."

Niclas has the second highest number of assists in the Championship, which makes him consistent in my book and even when he isn't coming up with an assist he is dangerous. Best means of defence is attack?? On that basis it seems plain stupid not to play him every game. When he's got us the lead, take him off, take somebody else off with him and pack the defence. More than worth a try I'd say?

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Easy to say when it's someone else's money.

Sorry Tone but do you think SL is content with the situation after his financial input.  My s/t costs around £400 a year and Im not happy. I cannot change things but SL can and should. I don't think we have bad players and maybe LJ is not a bad coach, but our style of play, or lack of it, is atrocious, and that could be changed easily.

9 minutes ago, marmite said:

Sorry Tone but do you think SL is content with the situation after his financial input.  My s/t costs around £400 a year and Im not happy. I cannot change things but SL can and should. I don't think we have bad players and maybe LJ is not a bad coach, but our style of play, or lack of it, is atrocious, and that could be changed easily.

My opinion is that things may change at seasons end depending on how we finish. SL is not daft and will want to see some return on his investment. The infrastructure and stadium its washing it's own face and I am certain he will require the playing side of things to start doing the same sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, marmite said:

Understand your thoughts. My big bugbear is that even for home games we are always set up like the away side. I'm no coaching expert but it comes across as odd to me.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

My opinion is that things may change at seasons end depending on how we finish. SL is not daft and will want to see some return on his investment. 

Yes but many of us believe that we have the squad to go up this season but not with the way Lee manages them.

A better fresh manager may well just be able to get us over that line.

14 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes but many of us believe that we have the squad to go up this season but not with the way Lee manages them.

A better fresh manager may well just be able to get us over that line.

Depending on where we finish I think that could happen, however not this season.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Easy to say when it's someone else's money.

Thing is Big Tone my dear chap, I would like you to consider a financial comparison which might help you change your view.

The average fan, especially the away fan stints themselves each game in tickets, travel, food "hospitality" etc..following City. They expend a major, if not the major part of their disposable income doing this week in week out throughout the season on a much larger percentage figure than Sir Steve ever does. Into the bargain, every quid that Sir Steve spends turns into an asset ie. an ever-increasing liability owed him by BCFC. By contrast every quid spent by the average fan is gone for ever, disappeared down the great toilet of a largely un-rewarded lifetime belief in said football Club

So I am left asking myself what would I do with a fortune of £2 bill (of which a tidy sum would be disposable) if I was owner/chairman/dictator-in-charge of Bristol City FC?

Answer I wouldn't piss about being happy with mid-table Championship mediocrity

I give you Dave Whelan and Wigan FC as examplar.

PS. To someone as cute at business as SL must be, there is a way to manage FFP.

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Thing is Big Tone my dear chap, I would like you to consider a financial comparison which might help you change your view.

The average away fan stints themselves each game in tickets, travel, food "hospitality" etc..following City. They expend a major, if not the major part of their disposable income doing this week in week out throughout the season on a much larger percentage figure than Sir Steve ever does. Into the bargain, every quid that Sir Steve spends turns into an asset ie. an ever-increasing liability owed him by BCFC. By contrast every quid spent by the average fan is gone for ever, disappeared down the great toilet of largely un-rewarded lifetime belief in said football Club

So I am left asking myself what would I do with a fortune of £2 bill (of which a tidy sum would be disposable) if I was owner/chairman/dictator-in-charge of Bristol City FC?

Answer I wouldn't piss about being happy with mid-table Championship mediocrity

I give you Dave Whelan and Wigan FC as examplar.

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

My view regrettably will not change. Yes, fans spend a large amount of "not always" disposable income to follow their team. That is their decision and in all honesty I admire each and every one. I myself am flying over for the game on 22nd Feb vs Derby (I think) and will be shelling out circa £1000 for myself and 2 mates for a hospitality package (includes flights and hotel). SL has a tad more money than most but this is "paper money" and not necessarily disposable or ready cash from the ATM at Sainsburys as some of us think.

IMO SL will not piss about for too much longer. If we miss out again this season then I can see him looking elsewhere to deliver us to the promised land. As I've said in previous posts / threads he has a club infrastructure that is washing its face (stadium etc). That now needs to extend to the playing side of the business. I can't see him waiting too much longer and I suspect LJ realises this.

In saying all of this I believe he is taking us in the right direction as a sustainable club with a solid financial background.

In short, I trust his judgement.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

My view regrettably will not change. Yes, fans spend a large amount of "not always" disposable income to follow their team. That is their decision and in all honesty I admire each and every one. I myself am flying over for the game on 22nd Feb vs Derby (I think) and will be shelling out circa £1000 for myself and 2 mates for a hospitality package (includes flights and hotel). SL has a tad more money than most but this is "paper money" and not necessarily disposable or ready cash from the ATM at Sainsburys as some of us think.

IMO SL will not piss about for too much longer. If we miss out again this season then I can see him looking elsewhere to deliver us to the promised land. As I've said in previous posts / threads he has a club infrastructure that is washing its face (stadium etc). That now needs to extend to the playing side of the business. I can't see him waiting too much longer and I suspect LJ realises this.

In saying all of this I believe he is taking us in the right direction as a sustainable club with a solid financial background.

In short, I trust his judgement.

You may be right mate about SLs judgement but some of us may not be content with the gradually, gradually, softly, softly stuff ala. James Callaghan. In fact some of us can see that the way things are going, despite everything Sir Steve has promised, we will be  ****ing dead before it happens.

Archived