IGNORED

mark ashton.

Hampshire reds

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

come on mark what is your opinion on the last four games and the home form. you talk the talk when we are winning would be nice to hear what you are thinking about results and what are going to do about this situation. 

You won’t hear from mark Ashton while we’re on a run of defeats 

46 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

come on mark what is your opinion on the last four games and the home form. you talk the talk when we are winning would be nice to hear what you are thinking about results and what are going to do about this situation. 

So, if you worked in recruitment in a multi million pound business (Airbus etc) would you think it’s acceptable to publicly comment on a manager (coach in this case) in the same business but different area of the business, especially as you’re not even qualified in that area of the business? 

Everyone is desperate for results - especially at home, to get back on track and putting up this thread as another standalone LJ out thread isn’t at all helpful. 

52 minutes ago, daored said:

You won’t hear from mark Ashton while we’re on a run of defeats 

The same as you wouldn't hear from Hampshire Reds when we are winning.......

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

So, if you worked in recruitment in a multi million pound business (Airbus etc) would you think it’s acceptable to publicly comment on a manager (coach in this case) in the same business but different area of the business, especially as you’re not even qualified in that area of the business? 

Everyone is desperate for results - especially at home, to get back on track and putting up this thread as another standalone LJ out thread isn’t at all helpful. 

yeah i do expect the head of football at bristol city which is Ashton to explain what the club are going to do to stop the rot.  20k people pay good money to go to ashton gate and alot travel miles  to away games . so yes i would like to hear from him. 

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

yeah i do expect the head of football at bristol city which is Ashton to explain what the club are going to do to stop the rot.  20k people pay good money to go to ashton gate and alot travel miles  to away games . so yes i would like to hear from him. 

How many people in his role (or equivalent role) in any of the other football clubs in any of the Leagues come out and speak after some losses on the trot?? What are you honestly expecting him to say other than "Lee and his staff are doing everything possible to get back to winning ways"?? Or are you really expecting him to throw LJ under the bus and tell us all he's a poor manager, or he is up for the sack?

It just ain't gonna happen, regardless if he comes out when everything is rosy to tell everyone how the longterm plan is going great guns.

i would like him to tell me as a fan what he intends to do about stopping the rot. which is happening every season. is he backing the coach. is there plans to strengthen the team in jan. is he happy with the job the coaches are doing. Easy to talk on phone ins when you are winning. i dont think it is much to ask. if you think i am being naive then thats fine.

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i would like him to tell me as a fan what he intends to do about stopping the rot. which is happening every season. is he backing the coach. is there plans to strengthen the team in jan. is he happy with the job the coaches are doing. Easy to talk on phone ins when you are winning. i dont think it is much to ask. if you think i am being naive then thats fine.

You honestly expect him to come out and say he isn't backing the coach and he isn't happy with the job the coach is doing.

Not naive, just plain stupid.

i just read this article about him.   He talks like a corporate robot.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-mark-ashton-opens-door-3604290

"I've got hierarchical org charts everywhere, which is my staff, but I don't talk to the staff in charts.

What I do is I talk to them in wheels because our strength is the collective.

All my job is, I sit at the centre of the wheel. I'm the glue, I put the systems in the process and the right people in place. And then my job is to empower everybody to get the knowledge and information.

I don't sit at the top of the tree and then dictate them how to work. My job is to get the knowledge out of people, and I think that's where we've got far better."

Archived