IGNORED

Why the calls for LJ to be sacked?

reddogkev

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. 

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts. 

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

There are very few who are calling for his head with glee.  I don’t think spirit of Xmas applies to football, although our defence gave out 3 lovely gifts today.

Not calling for his head with glee? Don't be daft, man, you know there's quite a few on here who want shot of LJ and pounce upon these patches of bad form; during the many winning runs we've enjoyed they're still sharpening their knives, keeping those bed sheets in their cupboards etc. 

In respect to your other point, Dave, I am surprised our defence can concede those goals, I felt sure we were better than that.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways? 

I wouldn't describe myself as lj out. But I would highlight this quote as a key one.

Nobody in their right minds could doubt Johnson's ability to pull the team out of a run of losses. He's proven quality in that department, he's got great experience of it.

However these losing runs seem to be a hallmark of his tenure during his entire managerial career. Don't think anyone can argue that he's just as capable of having a squad in a losing run than he is of dragging one out of it. That's a real worry.

Fortunately I wouldn't be the one making these decisions, I wouldn't want to. People are always going to feel they could do better when things aren't going particularly well. But I would say the board have a tough decision to make.

How many times do people have to say it. It's not just a poor 4 results ( let's not forget high flying Luton) 

Has the football improved? Does it look like improving? If you say yes to either of these you are deledued. If you say no to either of them then what's the point of keeping him?

Can't see SL sacking him anyway, and if I'm honest I dont see him getting the replacement right so I'm not really sure where to go from here.

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. 

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts. 

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it?

Losing four games isn’t a crisis and to be fair we were unlucky to get beaten by the ref at Hillsborough. 

We do , however present the golden ticket for any team looking for a boost .

I don’t think SL will wield the axe just yet either , although LJ may not be safe at the end of the season if , once again it fizzles out in a damp squib . 

It is very hard to get enthusiastic so quickly for the Luton match as , once again , it should be a good chance to get three points but ...

5 minutes ago, Lez said:

1.....inept tactics stifling our players.

2....taken us to a level but not tactically aware enough for the top levels of football.

I disagree, I think you expect too much for a Bristol City manager; he isn't stifling the players, Elliason has been on fire this season and must be knocking on the door for a £15million + move to the Premier League in the near future, Webster has moved on, Lloyd Kelly onto higher things, same with Joe and Bobby - this can hardly be under the guise of a guy who is stifling the players.

2 - How do you know if he isn't tactically aware?  You could argue he has coached City into playing massively above our level in the last 3 years, without him, of course this is theoretical, we could be a League One team.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There are very few who are calling for his head with glee.  I don’t think spirit of Xmas applies to football, although our defence gave out 3 lovely gifts today.

This is so true. People need to realise this forum is not representative of the fanbase as a whole.

I disagree, I think you expect too much for a Bristol City manager; he isn't stifling the players, Elliason has been on fire this season and must be knocking on the door for a £15million + move to the Premier League in the near future, Webster has moved on, Lloyd Kelly onto higher things, same with Joe and Bobby - this can hardly be under the guise of a guy who is stifling the players.

2 - How do you know if he isn't tactically aware?  You could argue he has coached City into playing massively above our level in the last 3 years, without him, of course this is theoretical, we could be a League One team.

There are so many holes in your post.

All I have to see is I went today. Trust me, he isnt tactically aware.

1 minute ago, Street red said:

The last 4 games haven't you seen the pattern the last 4 years.

What about all the winning runs, and yes there have been many more than the losing patches.

All football clubs, except Liverpool and Man City suffer the exact same sort of losing runs.  I cannot stress that enough!

The only teams that buck this trend each year are the teams that finish top 2, and even they suffer rows of defeats together.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

You could also say it’s ljs coaching that’s made us absolutely dire to watch especially at home.

14 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Utter tosh. The future? If you want mediocrity then junior's your man. If you want promotion...? Try somebody that knows what they're doing. The man's out of his depth and you're disillusioned 

Spent an unprecedented amount to go nowhere

No City manager in history given anywhere near as much

Constant random spells of form

Shit home performances for 2 years

Keeping our best player on the bench

Punching below our weight yet again

Never capitalised on runs of good form

Consistently unable to beat really crap teams

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Just got to pick you up on point 1. Yes without Eliasson we would be far worse off imo but the question then needs asking why has he only started 7 games?

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

There are so many holes in your post.

All I have to see is I went today. Trust me, he isnt tactically aware.

Lez, I've got about 5 minutes before I log out for the evening, so tell me some of those holes, I'm interested to hear and respond.

I like Lee and recognise what he has achieved for City, he is a quality coach for us, and there is no reason to believe we will keep on losing games now under him.  I know we will lose games, but also know we are capable of winning 6 or 7 in a row.  I still reckon we will be in contention for top six to the end of the season.

Archived