IGNORED

Why the calls for LJ to be sacked?

reddogkev

Just now, reddogkev said:

Lez, I've got about 5 minutes before I log out for the evening, so tell me some of those holes, I'm interested to hear and respond.

I like Lee and recognise what he has achieved for City, he is a quality coach for us, and there is no reason to believe we will keep on losing games now under him.  I know we will lose games, but also know we are capable of winning 6 or 7 in a row.  I still reckon we will be in contention for top six to the end of the season.

If you think eliasson will go for 15 million when we can only extend it for one year.....you are deluded.

If you think he has coached these players above their level I would hate to see how bad Engvall, Eisa, Szmodicks, Adelukan were before we signed them.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you think any other coach could get more out of these players than LJ is?

Without a doubt.

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier. 

Heaven help us...he so obviously isn't, shouldn't be and won't.

But in fairness we all love City and want to see them win. I wish I could see what you could see. He's achieved next to nothing in my book.

I see a better future without him. ASAP.

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Just got to pick you up on point 1. Yes without Eliasson we would be far worse off imo but the question then needs asking why has he only started 7 games?

Because the bloke blames Eliasson for everything, practically the minute his game drops below 100 percent.

Eliasson won't stick around here... Hey, who knows, maybe the club wants another big sale

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Spent an unprecedented amount to go nowhere

No City manager in history given anywhere near as much

Constant random spells of form

Shit home performances for 2 years

Keeping our best player on the bench

Punching below our weight yet again

Never capitalised on runs of good form

Consistently unable to beat really crap teams

Off the back of 50 million in sales.

what has Johnson spent?

half of that amount?

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

It has been the attack and midfield that has been to blame recently..........but today it was the turn of the defence to let us down.?   Whatever the tactics, individual errors cannot be the fault of the manager?

Individual errors if you saw the way we set up first half it PROMOTES individual errors because players have ZERO options going forward.....sp what happens? They lose the ball.

Awful management. 

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Utter tosh. The future? If you want mediocrity then junior's your man. If you want promotion...? Try somebody that knows what they're doing. The man's out of his depth and you're disillusioned 

Mediocrity?  Have a word with yourself, we were 4th in the table about 3 weeks ago!  We've reached semi finals of cups, continually built ourselves up over his time in charge.  He is one of the people pushing City to a bigger and brighter future than we could have imagined four years ago.  Lee Johnson is one of the reasons we are becoming increasingly successful as a club and expanding our fan base.  I find your criticism bizarre and entirely unjustified.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Because the bloke blames Eliasson for everything, practically the minute his game drops below 100 percent.

Eliasson won't stick around here... hey, who knows. Maybe the club wants another big sale

Wont get one cos he has **** all left on his contract....can only extend it for a year.

5 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

I'm sorry but we have gone backwards with the identity poor at the back no fight in midfield and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo up front.

We need reinforcements in Jan window.

Who we will get I don't know.

LJ is running out of time 2 more games and serious questions need asking.

Not having a go at your post per se, but how have we gone from top 4 to 10th in 4 games?  How have our players dropped form so dramatically?

We suddenly look a million miles away away from a team that could give play-offs a real tilt!

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Just got to pick you up on point 1. Yes without Eliasson we would be far worse off imo but the question then needs asking why has he only started 7 games?

Compare Elliasons effective starts 18/19 to Patterson’s - then tell us how good our coach is!

2 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Off the back of 40 million in sales.

what has Johnson spent?

half of that amount?

There’s another side to that argument....he wouldn’t need to generate £millions each season, if his wage bill wasn’t so big.  £30m per season on wages!!!

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

If you think eliasson will go for 15 million when we can only extend it for one year.....you are deluded.

If you think he has coached these players above their level I would hate to see how bad Engvall, Eisa, Szmodicks, Adelukan were before we signed them.

Without a doubt.

Well, I expect Ashton to get him to sign a contract extension, and with the way the market is going, Niclas should easily fetch that sort of value, perhaps even in January, he is a guaranteed goal maker and is now scoring regular; what an asset.  LJ is no doubt one of the reasons he has developed into this player.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

There’s another side to that argument....he wouldn’t need to generate £millions each season, if his wage bill wasn’t so big.  £30m per season on wages!!!

Might be wrong but that's around the average for this division, isn't it?

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. 

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts. 

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it?

How many chances does Johnson get and how many players does he need to sign before he gets the team we need. The answer appears to be that we will never get there. He has had 3 years of windows, signed countless players and still cannot control the ups and downs of form that once again see a team in the playoffs perform like strangers and start racking poor performance after poor performance. He has had enough chances. Let's get someone in who can move this team forward on a consistent basis.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Well, I expect Ashton to get him to sign a contract extension, and with the way the market is going, Niclas should easily fetch that sort of value, perhaps even in January, he is a guaranteed goal maker and is now scoring regular; what an asset.  LJ is no doubt one of the reasons he has developed into this player.

What an asset............to come off the bench. The guy is clueless and you are yet to answer my questions regard to the quality of football.

Yeah, nobody seems to give LJ any credit for the players he's helped developed. Reid, Bryan, Webster and Eliasson all got a lot better under Johnson.

You’ve got to be on the wind up or pissed, Lj has developed the player by not playing him

We have been poor at home for 2 seasons now, its boring to watch most games. He doesn't seem to know his best formation or tactics his substitutions are baffling. He buys players or brings them in on loan and then never plays them Eisa, Szhmodics, Adelakin Rodi to name a few..  Sorry OP but if your happy with the club going backwards fast then good luck to you. I feel the majority of people now want someone to take us to the next level which LJ has tried and tried to but isn't capable. Time to Get Rid I'm afraid

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

You think eliasson will go for 15 mil in January when he has 6 months left on his contract......you're on a different planet.

And for what it's worth this isn't the godfather. If eliasson doesnt sign there ain't no gun going to his head believe it or not.

Because we are regressing as a team.  We have been shite for a while. Have been in a false position.  Don’t have a style of play.  Go into games with a pot luck approach.  Get off to the slowest of starts most games. Have a horrific home record. Are boring to watch. That’s down to the manager and the staff.  He gets the plaudits when it goes right he should take the heat when it goes wrong. 

Archived