IGNORED

Why the calls for LJ to be sacked?

reddogkev

3 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Because we are regressing as a team.  We have been shite for a while. Have been in a false position.  Don’t have a style of play.  Go into games with a pot luck approach.  Get off to the slowest of starts most games. Have a horrific home record. Are boring to watch. That’s down to the manager and the staff.  He gets the plaudits when it goes right he should take the heat when it goes wrong. 

he aint lyin'!

Lee should have gone at the end of last season, he’s made us into a consistent performing championship club but our business model is ruthless and we should be always looking to improve on what we have.  We change players, backroom staff, scouts, the media department etc without sentimental when we feel it will take us forward.  The head coach is no different.  LJ has been good for our club but we are established now and I believe we have out grown him and it’s time to trade up and move on.  Why be prepared to take hard decisions for the good of the club in every other area but not head coach.

1 minute ago, J D said:

I would assume you are Johnson In then?

Damn, my secret is out. Nah I think he is shit but how the **** can you sack him when we are where we are. Any other time I would have had him out though 

It obvious that he is not going to be sacked. 

One thing I would expect is some type of rumbling from either Mark Ashton or  Stephen Lansdown issuing concern about how we are playing and make it clear results have to improve.

The most annoying thing from my point of view is the blind support he gets from the top and he is seemingly allowed to do no wrong

• Admin
56 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Not calling for his head with glee? Don't be daft, man, you know there's quite a few on here who want shot of LJ and pounce upon these patches of bad form; during the many winning runs we've enjoyed they're still sharpening their knives, keeping those bed sheets in their cupboards etc. 

In respect to your other point, Dave, I am surprised our defence can concede those goals, I felt sure we were better than that.

I'd dispute the many winning runs, there have been winning runs, but they are balanced by the losing runs.

LJ 261219.JPG

49 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This is so true. People need to realise this forum is not representative of the fanbase as a whole.

Not sure what you mean by this?    This forum reflects a broad range of opinions which, one imagines, is representative of the fanbase  "as a whole".        Do you think the fanbase as a whole has a narrower range of opinion?  Or that, for example,  it definitely wants Johnson to stay?  How could you know that, except by reading what's on this or other forums?

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. 

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts. 

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it?

I judge Mr Johnson by his own rhetoric.

When listening to Mr Johnson there appears to be a conviction there that there is a light at the end of the tunnel guiding his football on and off the pitch.

I would challenge anybody to define what Mr Johnsons football is and the philosophy underpinning it. Its a challenge that appears on this forum monthly and each season.

Could you define Mr Johnsons football? Could you explain what his identity (the one that went missing) is? Could you highlight what his big plans are and how his future vision looks? 

If you cannot you may be left with the feeling the Head coach is making it all up, he is a becoming a bit of bluffer, he is out of effective ideas and players are now ceasing to listen and buy into his continually evolving football. That is a reasonable point for fans beyond four games .. 

Jeez........:facepalm:.........we’ve been here before.......ffs......:cool2:.....a knee jerk  otib reaction to the fourth consecutive defeat. ...It’s not a new phenomenon and LJ has turned it around in the past..

No way will SL consider abandoning his ‘stability’ mantra and he will undoubtedly stick by his man regardless of what some fans think. So....these types of threads are completely pointless.

Its beyond me why the opinionated sort bother to start these threads.......I mean, why bother?    :dunno:

I'll jokingly say "Johnson Out" when we lose one game...

To be fair, we've improved every year since he's been head coach. This could be the tipping point season. We could kick on and make the play offs or drop back and finish 15th. Anything can happen, especially in this division.

If we finish 15th, there will be a decision to make. Do we go balls to the wall and actually sign a couple of quality players - midfielder and striker? 

Or do we reset, sack Johnson and move on?

6 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

So who then?

No, i said every club has to believe they could always appoint bigger. I'm not SL, this is his dilemma not mine

I've not actually said LJ out. But it would be really crap if you owned a club and sat there thinking you couldn't go one better, whoever was the boss.

SL always says he is ambitious.

Mediocrity?  Have a word with yourself, we were 4th in the table about 3 weeks ago!  We've reached semi finals of cups, continually built ourselves up over his time in charge.  He is one of the people pushing City to a bigger and brighter future than we could have imagined four years ago.  Lee Johnson is one of the reasons we are becoming increasingly successful as a club and expanding our fan base.  I find your criticism bizarre and entirely unjustified.

Good evening Lee..

Chatting shit again pal ?????

1 hour ago, J D said:

Might be wrong but that's around the average for this division, isn't it?

It probably is with parachute clubs included.  But it’s twice the amount of Brentford and PNE.  So we are probably punching a bit above our weight, but the question is, how are Preston and Brentford punching even higher?

49 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Off the back of 50 million in sales.

what has Johnson spent?

half of that amount?

Interesting question.  What is LJ's transfer record and how much credit can he take for it?   Has there been a thread on it already?  

I can't be bothered to look it up now but I think a lot of the players  he sold  (apart from Webster obvs) were not bought by him so he can't take the credit for £50M.

Also we have a CEO  Mark Ashton who basically seems to decide who we sign.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-mark-ashton-opens-door-3604290

A lot of people pointing out how we have improved year on year - league position yes - football definitely not. Huddersfield aside I have been bored absolutely shitless at home this year.

Whether we reach play offs or not, likely not, if this is the kind of football we are going to be subjected to how can it be called entertainment. Love the City but first and foremost I pay my hard earned bunts to the club to be entertained. 

LJ puts that team out there, I'm fed up of us setting up to stifle the opposition instead of letting them worry about us, he never has a plan B, our best player can't get a start and yet O'Dowda gets way too much game time cus he sticks with his favourites. Injuries aside we keep on changing the players with no impact so at what point do you look at things and decide yes - it is actually the manager that needs changing.

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. 

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts. 

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it?

I don’t think it’s a case of a “brigade” being “back”.

I think there is a growing feeling amongst people like myself that, whilst acknowledging the steady progress up the table we have made under LJ, the time has come for a change and a fresh pair of eyes.

I have not previously been part of said “brigade”.

If you we're there today you can see it's more than 4 defeats... It's a BANG average team anyway but I now feel he's losing the players.. You have to admit the football is truly awful and again today turned up for 10mins which is not good enough.

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Such a poor motivator he blames the players

Not sure how Johnson's responsible for the 1st goal, individual decisions there. Kalas being weak as hell for the 2nd and for the 3rd Dasilva seemingly giving up and letting the ball come in with Taylor Moore completely losing his man by jogging back in while their player sprints past him for the back post. They didn't seem like glaring tactical errors and just individual mistakes

Its been 4 years of his management.

The issue comes back to LJs favourite buzzword. 

Identity. We do not have one.

No manager, irrespective of the length of their tenure, but more than 12 months in charge, should be capable of fielding a side where there is no identity or pattern to their play. 

Something should be visible to the fans as to what is being coached. 

Budget? Preston out perform us consistently. Somehow we made it out of Griffin Park with points, pretty much daylight robbery. Wigan made us look ordinary. Millwall made us look like boys with no idea what to do. Hell, even Barnsley have made us look mediocre. 

Wages? - We're probably now the best payers outside of Parachute payments. Its between us and Leeds. 

Selling our best players? Happens to all the teams we've lost to this season. Millwall lost Saville, Barnsley lost Pinnock, Preston lost Hugill and Robinson, Brentford lost Mepham and Maupay. All managers face that challenge - tough shit, we're not special in that regard and neither is LJ. 

Taking into account all of the above, and the state of recent performances in line with tactics and selections, I feel its just gotten stale and we need fresh input. 

Archived