IGNORED

Why the calls for LJ to be sacked?

reddogkev

we could and should have been capable of getting 5 of those last 12 points. I saw it as 3 against millwall,1 against blackburn and 1 against Charlton. that was being conservative. I didn't think we could get 0 until I witnessed the millwall game. I was lucky that night,got to see 10 mins of us playing. they didn't bother at all against blackburn.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

We are not a brigade we are just City fans who care, even those, like me who dont go anymore

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. We have been here before right up the likes of Wolves, backsides before falling away..badly and under the same manager

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that Lee has had these poor runs before, record breaking one season, its not just the results its poor management/baffling team selections/tactics.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts.

see above reply

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.you are repeating yourself and this is not a one off set of losses its happened before, I wont be buying a ticket or going even if it was free as I dont like what my club has become...part of something else

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it? I dont expect SL to sack him anytime soon this or next season even, that dosent mean I and others havent the right to say how we feel on this forum about our present manager/results/etc just as you have the right to say how you feel; but I for one dont think we would be any worse off if he left/got sacked tomorrow; thats it, no brigade just fans giving their opinion :dunno:

23 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Wages? - We're probably now the best payers outside of Parachute payments. Its between us and Leeds. 

We're still roughly mid table, may have crept into top half this summer. For perspective Birmingham were paying Jota £40,000 a week

1 minute ago, hodge said:

We're still roughly mid table, may have crept into top half this summer. For perspective Birmingham were paying Jota £40,000 a week

I think the point is that they’re all selling clubs, they all need to replace key players each summer.  We aren’t alone.  We wouldn’t need to raise as much from transfers if we didn’t recruit so many players on pretty good wages for their “level”.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think the point is that they’re all selling clubs, they all need to replace key players each summer.  We aren’t alone.  We wouldn’t need to raise as much from transfers if we didn’t recruit so many players on pretty good wages for their “level”.

Was responding directly to the point claiming we're probably the highest payers with Leeds outside parachute payment clubs

27 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Its been 4 years of his management.

The issue comes back to LJs favourite buzzword. 

Identity. We do not have one.

No manager, irrespective of the length of their tenure, but more than 12 months in charge, should be capable of fielding a side where there is no identity or pattern to their play. 

Something should be visible to the fans as to what is being coached. 

Budget? Preston out perform us consistently. Somehow we made it out of Griffin Park with points, pretty much daylight robbery. Wigan made us look ordinary. Millwall made us look like boys with no idea what to do. Hell, even Barnsley have made us look mediocre. 

Wages? - We're probably now the best payers outside of Parachute payments. Its between us and Leeds. 

Selling our best players? Happens to all the teams we've lost to this season. Millwall lost Saville, Barnsley lost Pinnock, Preston lost Hugill and Robinson, Brentford lost Mepham and Maupay. All managers face that challenge - tough shit, we're not special in that regard and neither is LJ. 

Taking into account all of the above, and the state of recent performances in line with tactics and selections, I feel its just gotten stale and we need fresh input. 

That about sums up most posts this evening print it off and send to SL

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Jeez........:facepalm:.........we’ve been here before.......ffs......:cool2:.....a knee jerk  otib reaction to the fourth consecutive defeat. ...It’s not a new phenomenon and LJ has turned it around in the past..

No way will SL consider abandoning his ‘stability’ mantra and he will undoubtedly stick by his man regardless of what some fans think. So....these types of threads are completely pointless.

Its beyond me why the opinionated sort bother to start these threads.......I mean, why bother?    :dunno:

To annoy you.

Worth it just for that. 

25 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Its been 4 years of his management.

The issue comes back to LJs favourite buzzword. 

Identity. We do not have one.

No manager, irrespective of the length of their tenure, but more than 12 months in charge, should be capable of fielding a side where there is no identity or pattern to their play. 

Something should be visible to the fans as to what is being coached. 

Budget? Preston out perform us consistently. Somehow we made it out of Griffin Park with points, pretty much daylight robbery. Wigan made us look ordinary. Millwall made us look like boys with no idea what to do. Hell, even Barnsley have made us look mediocre. 

Selling our best players? Happens to all the teams we've lost to this season. Millwall lost Saville, Barnsley lost Pinnock, Preston lost Hugill and Robinson, Brentford lost Mepham and Maupay. All managers face that challenge - tough shit, we're not special in that regard and neither is LJ. 

Taking into account all of the above, and the state of recent performances in line with tactics and selections, I feel its just gotten stale and we need fresh input. 

Great post and this was clear again today... DNA & Identity has never sat well with me coming from the manager simply because it's a way of trying to justify what your doing is correct... how about BASICS LJ??? Something we fail to do consistently for the last few season's. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Was responding directly to the point claiming we're probably the highest payers with Leeds outside parachute payment clubs

Okeedokee. ??

I believe we have the second highest turnover (behind Leeds) if you exclude the parachute club.

Never wanted Johnson gone during the 9 in row, we were a newly established club.

Never wanted Johnson gone in the lead up to Ipswich A last year when we'd lost a load in the row, that was a transition season having lost Bryan, Flint, Reid.

Want him gone now, this was our time to attack the league. Lost one player of note over the summer and added loads. Plus the empirical evidence of 4 years now shows his negatives have no sign of improvement. Losing runs, inability to beat crappers, cagey and defensive.

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

His bullshit post match says it all, not honest enough to own up to setting the team up wrong - AGAIN! Such a poor motivator he blames the players.  There is a reason he is head coach, he is not capable of managing!
Same cycle for 4 seasons - a total fraud!

I'd blame the players today. Basic errors. Don't come and commit for a ball you don't get. Row Z when under pressure that near goal. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you think any other coach could get more out of these players than LJ is?

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I think I could frankly.

I don’t think there’s a coach/manager that could possibly have got less. Abject performances but still manage to go 2-1 up in the last one just to **** it up!

Kalas looks terrible at times. The big plus is the often overlooked Taylor Moore. The bloke we were going to give away but luckily we had an injury crisis!

I am so over the excuses and post match bullshit. We have been useless again and are ******* it up at Xmas once again! No one see a pattern?

The problem lies at the feet of the players once they cross that white line before kick off. The manager can try &change the formation but the players have to execute the plan the manager can only watch like us supporters and be just as frustrated. Do give LJ a break 

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t think there’s a coach/manager that could possibly have got less. Abject performances but still manage to go 2-1 up in the last one just to **** it up!

Kalas looks terrible at times. The big plus is the often overlooked Taylor Moore. The bloke we were going to give away but luckily we had an injury crisis!

I am so over the excuses and post match bullshit. We have been useless again and are ******* it up at Xmas once again! No one see a pattern?

Sorry but kalas saved us on numerous occasions today. Blocked a header that was flying into the net and somehow came out nowhere to clear a cross first half that was straight for lyle Taylor's head on the 6 yard box.

He made a mistake for the 2nd goal....he tried too hard to get his body in the way or bonne and then lost his balance which is why he got out muscled.

Kalas is a class act at this level and is a step above both Taylor and William's....what I would say though is Taylor is improving significantly since he has bulked up.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sorry but kalas saved us on numerous occasions today. Blocked a header that was flying into the net and somehow came out nowhere to clear a cross first half that was straight for lyle Taylor's head on the 6 yard box.

He made a mistake for the 2nd goal....he tried too hard to get his body in the way or bonne and then lost his balance which is why he got out muscled.

Kalas is a class act at this level and is a step above both Taylor and William's....what I would say though is Taylor is improving significantly since he has bulked up.

Regardless of your thoughts on Kalas your comment about being saved on numerous occasions belies your thoughts about everyone else!

7 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

The problem lies at the feet of the players once they cross that white line before kick off. The manager can try &change the formation but the players have to execute the plan the manager can only watch like us supporters and be just as frustrated. Do give LJ a break 

Oh please...

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Losing four games isn’t a crisis and to be fair we were unlucky to get beaten by the ref at Hillsborough. 

We do , however present the golden ticket for any team looking for a boost .

I don’t think SL will wield the axe just yet either , although LJ may not be safe at the end of the season if , once again it fizzles out in a damp squib . 

It is very hard to get enthusiastic so quickly for the Luton match as , once again , it should be a good chance to get three points but ...

The end of the season will be the point of reckoning.

I would expect that unless we make the play -offs, which is looking more and more unlikely, LJ will be gone.

The likely replacement will be more of the same, SL will have learned not to hire someone that questions the ‘project’.

There are many years left in this league I suspect.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you think any other coach could get more out of these players than LJ is?

You mean the players LJ has put together himself??? If they are so bad that only he could get the best from them, and this is indeed the best, why were they signed?

In answer the the opening post, it’s not just the 4 defeats now, it’s the endless shit football, even when we are winning. 

Taking the Huddersfield game out of the equation, when was the last time we were exciting to watch?

Add to that the ever so predictable bad run. Like I said, it’s not just the last 4 games, it’s the same every season under LJ. As for LJ himself, it goes back even further to his Barnsley days.

Just so dire!!

We've been poor all season, we're regressing back to where we belong right now. There are a lot of performances this season where we have picked up points that were undeserved, I was hoping that performances would pick up and we would get points from them. Unfortunately performances are still poor but we're not getting points.

For all the believers answer the question of how many points have we gained from games we didn't deserve vs. how many we've been robbed of. My view is that we are  currently in credit by some margin and are lucky that we've probably got enough in the bank to avoid any chance of a real relegation scrap and instead just have to fear a real sizzling out to obscurity instead.

I don't feel vitriol towards Johnson and I think that he has his plus points mainly being fitting in with the ethos of developing players and not buying journeyman, but he shows no signs of ever being able to set up a team to win and grind out results. The only time we've looked good under him was the run up to the Man City games but instead of thinking he just needed a deeper squad to continue that football he has just avoided playing it altogether and dishes up turgid displays most weeks instead.

I'd sack him, not for the sake of any old manager, but the aim is premier league football and he is a mid table championship manager at best.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

No City manager has made as much...

That is true.  Some of that is the market we’re in....a lot of clubs are selling players for large sums, but he has to commended for that.

But boy, has he wasted more than any of other manager too.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

No City manager has made as much...

Yes a point. Whats the spend v the return adjusted for inflation....Or in other words...He sold Reid (granted he played him in a new position) Bryan and Flint all SC players (or earlier)..Kelly was a youth but hey got a few games then dropped under LJ...Eisa got us a bit ott but not much..Pack sale got us a few quid too!

Webster got us a load and Magnússon got a bit above what we paid....Who am I missing

How much has been spent in fees alone (let alone wages) to cover millions in losses for donkeys years until last season...?

Then make the calculation of what City manager made what...Let us know. I don’t know the answer I-really don’t. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is true.  Some of that is the market we’re in....a lot of clubs are selling players for large sums, but he has to commended for that.

But boy, has he wasted more than any of other manager too.

But I suppose you could argue not many city managers have been with us in the championship 4 seasons on the bounce. He’s making signings at a higher level as opposed to managers in charge of us in the third division. . Look at the big clubs below us in the table that have been in the premier league. Then there’s Sunderland 15th in the third division 

Well OP it's like this.

He's a bang average manager;

The squad he's assembled truly are not very good and many of his signings struggle to purport to be professional footballers;

We're going nowhere rapidly and at great expense whilst he remains in charge.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Mediocrity?  Have a word with yourself, we were 4th in the table about 3 weeks ago!  We've reached semi finals of cups, continually built ourselves up over his time in charge.  He is one of the people pushing City to a bigger and brighter future than we could have imagined four years ago.  Lee Johnson is one of the reasons we are becoming increasingly successful as a club and expanding our fan base.  I find your criticism bizarre and entirely unjustified.

And now our performances at home are terrible 4 shot on target in last 5 games is not good enough he doesnt know his best team or he sends his teams out to for a 0-0 draw 

Whilst we looked to change the way we play up top in looking to get to the next level, a level beyond Dhiediou we put all our striker eggs into the Nketia basket which didn't happen. Then quickly went for Afobe and we were lucky to land him only to then lose him and with it our season more than likely.

I would say that's criticism levied more towards Mark Ashton and his naive recruitment process rather than the Head Coach.

He kept the same side for Milwall as Fulham with two different outcomes. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. Undone by a streetwise Blackburn and outplayed by a Sheff Weds team who have a player in Bannen who's on wages way beyond your average championship player and is it any wonder there are question marks over there FFP sustainability.

We need to start quickly play on the front foot and look to get that early goal. Teams have worked us out.

Putting pressure on the head coach and team won't do any good at all.

We just need to rally round and ride out the blip, it's as simple as that.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I see the LJ out brigade are back in force, revelling in their chance to call for his head with gusto and glee.  Hardly the spirit of Christmas is it?

So we've had four poor losses, yes, ok this is shit, we can all agree on that.  But it has not been a season of misery, the 4 losses cannot overlook the successful beginning to the season, that has seen us practically camped in the top six for the first 4 1/2 months. 

Instead of such gleeful malice and malcontent, why not give Lee the chance to get the club back on winning ways?  All football teams suffer periods of poor form - we do not sack our manager for just four bad results, do we?  I thought we were better than that.

Come on, let's give LJ and the boys the chance to get back to winning ways against Luton, and be supportive of all of their efforts. 

LJ is the present and the future for Bristol City and, if given the chance, may just be the man to get us into the top tier.  Don't bin him off just for a poor run of losses.  I've said it before, but he is massively in credit and doing well.  Get your ticket for the game against Luton and back the boys for a win.  Top six is still the aim, and I feel Lee needs the chance to show that this season.

SL is not going to sack him during this season, so just do yourself a favour and give the man a chance to get back to winning ways, losing 4 games is hardly a crisis, is it?

But it's not gleeful malice certainly not from me. I've seen the ghost of Christmas past and present and we all know how that turned out, I admire your patience but for me we have been here once too often sorry but there should be no room for sentiment he has had more than a fair chance and going by the reaction to my posting an awful lot of people think the same.

Archived