IGNORED

Why the calls for LJ to be sacked?

reddogkev

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I don't know if that figure's correct but I don't think it's that much for a Championship club, probably about average. I think most of the people on this thread preferred the times when we were tearing teams apart in L1, if they got their wish and we end up in the Prem most of them would be having nervous breakdowns as we'd hardly ever be winning

Yes, straight from the club accounts (Bristol City Holdings), which appears to be what we base FFP on, as it allows us to use Ashton Gate Ltd accounts “efficiently” to offset some stuff!

In terms of the football club accounts, which isn’t a true reflection of the full operation, here are the accounts:

CFECD2E4-52AB-455D-823B-6661D9C48655.thumb.jpeg.850f35414fc4c37472a378db9522df6d.jpeg

it’s still £24.6m in wages, but only £17.6m turnover!!!

Yeah, it’s about average, 10th-12th I reckon when everyone has published theirs.

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Who has he bought cheap sold big apart from Webster? 

I’ve always said we should judge him on how much he also gets for Brownhill, O’Dowda, Eliasson, Walsh, Adelakun etc too.  Webster was great business, but £20m wasn’t all profit.  We paid Ipswich £3.5m, and they got a sell-on too, rumoured to only be 10%!!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve always said we should judge him on how much he also gets for Brownhill, O’Dowda, Eliasson, Walsh, Adelakun etc too.  Webster was great business, but £20m wasn’t all profit.  We paid Ipswich £3.5m, and they got a sell-on too, rumoured to only be 10%!!

I agree Dave. Brownhill Eliasson are worth more money than they cost currently plus Taylor Moore the rest aren't and have/are costing the club money with many nowhere near the team Not sure that is better or worse than others but some are saying it's Johnson raison d'etre so he ain't all that. I also find it interesting that some say he has players foisted on him which I find hard to believe. 

On 26/12/2019 at 21:00, Davefevs said:

It probably is with parachute clubs included.  But it’s twice the amount of Brentford and PNE.  So we are probably punching a bit above our weight, but the question is, how are Preston and Brentford punching even higher?

Both have made smarter transfers I reckon.

On 27/12/2019 at 12:39, petehinton said:

Publicly call out Moore for the last goal, when playing him out of position?

Moore was a big factor for that goal and he has played RB a lot so its hardly 'out of position', to merely let an opposition player run past you because you're jogging and they're sprinting which lets them get to the ball first is awful. Having said that Dasilva pretty much giving up and allowing the ball to come in was also poor.  

On 26/12/2019 at 22:05, Davefevs said:

Okeedokee. ??

I believe we have the second highest turnover (behind Leeds) if you exclude the parachute club.

Was it turnover in general or commercial income?

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Moore was a big factor for that goal and he has played RB a lot so its hardly 'out of position', to merely let an opposition player run past you because you're jogging and they're sprinting which lets them get to the ball first is awful. Having said that Dasilva pretty much giving up and allowing the ball to come in was also poor.  

It is but then I’d be as concerned that one looped ball over the top has cut straight through us. JD as you say out of position. Horrific all round. To call out Moore specifically and then say ‘massively at fault’ after you’ve said ‘yes hes at fault’ is totally needless. He could & should do better but it’s the start to finish that’s most concerning. Playing a different back line every game won’t help 

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Turnover in general.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It is but then I’d be as concerned that one looped ball over the top has cut straight through us. JD as you say out of position. Horrific all round. To call out Moore specifically and then say ‘massively at fault’ after you’ve said ‘yes hes at fault’ is totally needless. He could & should do better but it’s the start to finish that’s most concerning. Playing a different back line every game won’t help 

It should be a collective “we defended poorly”.  Players make mistakes, you don’t need to hone in on one player.

22 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

And I'm in the he has done an OK job. Not good or bad this season. Over his tenure improvement has been made so I guess you could say good but at the current time I think he should getting more of out this squad and the balance should be better - so i guess overall OK. I wouldn't be overly bothered if he was changed at the end of season.

I agree with the general strategy of the club and wouldn't want that to change. I don't want us to tumble down the leagues by gambling and not making it.

Yeah, this is about right.  I don't much like the football I'm seeing but you have to judge on results and you have to do that on results over a season not four games.  So far our overall results have improved consistently under LJ.  This season he has had a lot of bad luck so far with Nketiah and injuries and we're still in touch so there's no need to panic.  I am constantly surprised by how fickle and whiny some fans are. 

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Wonder how the club would react if players started outing the coach for his errors? Totally divisive and whilst an overused cliché maybe Johnson is losing some of the dressing room. 

That is simply an observation based on performance. 

I have never been less excited to attend a home game at Ashton Gate

We are boring

Our players are confused by over complex and ever changing formations and tactic

Our players lack confidence because they don't believe in the tactics of LJ and they know you stay in the team only by not making mistakes and not by being creative and taking risks

We have little or no team spirit

We are easily out muscled by most opponents because we always sign smaller players

Our teams gets little or no help or motivation from the technical area because LJ is too busy moaning to the ref. 

For me it is clear that this set of players don't believe in LJ. He did nothing during his playing career playing a lot of games in Daddys team.

He has no charisma, he cannot motivate players because they don't respect him. No player will join BCFC because they want to play for this coach.

Each year he has a huge form slump that he cannot correct

He says he cannot play the way he would like to, but he put this team together so has no excuse.

Even the very best coaches get stale at a club. The players and fans get tired of the coach and vice versa.

I admire the loyalty of Mr Lansdown but, surely he must see that even when we were winning, we were not playing well and if the entertainment level stays as it is, many people like me will think twice about shelling out £600 for a season ticket.

I think we need a coach with real "been there done that credentials" to bring in better players and motivate the ones we have. 

For me somebody like Chris Houghton is needed to take us to the next level. 

There is an old saying "if you are not going forward you are going backwards" 

This is us just now

Archived