IGNORED

Had a lot of time for Charlton Athletic until today

southvillekiddy

Enjoyed going to the Valley in the past. Things changed today.

Having been harangued in an exaggerated way by the annoucement of  Charlton's anti-discrimination policy (which of course I support - if not the manner in which it was presented - we have to "embrace" it?) the announcer insults our Club and fans  (in what could be described as provocative or possibly inciting speech) by deliberately making a mistake during the game - "another substitution by Bristol Rovers" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If it was a genuine mistake then anybody in their media offence could have pointed it out to the annoucer and an apology could have been broadcast. No chance.

I hope our Club will make an official complaint

41 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Would suggest it was a mistake and nothing to be concerned about...listened to a lot of his pre match comments and he warmly welcomed Bristol city and its fans and our journey up the m4

I did hear all that welcoming stuff at the beginning mate. However I wasn't the only one to take offence at the "mistake" (if it was one) people talking about it near me in the ground and also outside. The bloke on the mike may have got carried away but it still warrants an apology

1 minute ago, !james said:

Oh are you serious about this? I assumed this was a tongue in cheek post! 

Do you get fed up of "football fans" muddling the two Clubs in Bristol? It's a different matter when an announcer deliberately or otherwise does it in dubious circumstances during a football match, especially when we've just be lectured on what discrimination means

6 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Do you get fed up of "football fans" muddling the two Clubs in Bristol? It's a different matter when an announcer deliberately or otherwise does it in dubious circumstances during a football match, especially when we've just be lectured on what discrimination means

It was unprofessional and disrespectful, you don't make those sort of mistakes. 

They did it to trigger us, it worked. The little fu*kers, would see the funny side of we won, but we didnt so sod them, added to Leeds as teams i dont like this season. ?

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Having been harangued in an exaggerated way by the annoucement of  Charlton's anti-discrimination policy (which of course I support - if not the manner in which it was presented - we have to "embrace" it?) the announcer insults our Club and fans  (in what could be described as provocative or possibly inciting speech) by deliberately making a mistake during the game - "another substitution by Bristol Rovers" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If it was a genuine mistake then anybody in their media offence could have pointed it out to the annoucer and an apology could have been broadcast. No chance.

Is this real hahahaha. More banter a club gives the better.  I hope our  club isnt that sad and are more concerned for our poor performances ALL SEASON

3 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Is this real hahahaha. More banter a club gives the better.  I hope our  club isnt that sad and are more concerned for our poor performances ALL SEASON

I can take from opposing fans not some clever clever prat with a 5000 amp p.a. blasting at me

Just now, southvillekiddy said:

I can take it from opposing fans not some clever/clever prat with a 5000 amp p.a. blasting at me

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Perhaps they thought Rovers would be better opposition they could be right 

37 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

It’s the “cool kids” new phrase...?

“Ok boomer” is more like the “entitled, woke, millennial, snowflakes” new phrase - it’s constant on Twitter and it’s pathetic - it’s a default response when they haven’t got the intelligence to respond to reasonable statements and questions ... really didn’t want to see it raise its head on here - but @!james obliged ....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Ok boomer” is more like the “entitled, woke, millennial, snowflakes” new phrase - it’s constant on Twitter and it’s pathetic - it’s a default response when they haven’t got the intelligence to respond to reasonable statements and questions ... really didn’t want to see it raise its head on here - but @!james obliged ....

?? 

How on earth is this thread a reasonable statement?! 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

**** me I'm getting old. Never heard of that before today.

Although, am I the only one that doesn't get offended by the snowflake generation who think this stuff up? 

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

**** me I'm getting old. Never heard of that before today.

Although, am I the only one that doesn't get offended by the snowflake generation who think this stuff up? 

No, it’s quite easy to just laugh at them - they think their generation will change the world - yet they panic when wi-fi ain't available - they can’t communicate without tapping on a keyboard ... whilst laughing at them is very easy, it would also be very worrying if we ever had to rely on them ...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, it’s quite easy to just laugh at them - they think their generation will change the world - yet they panic when wi-fi ain't available - they can’t communicate without tapping on a keyboard ... whilst laughing at them is very easy, it would also be very worrying if we ever had to rely on them ...

Oh balls! I am going to have to rely on them in a few years when I start losing my marbles!!!

Time to plan that future trip to Switzerland.

Archived