Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Had a lot of time for Charlton Athletic until today


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Ok boomer” is more like the “entitled, woke, millennial, snowflakes” new phrase - it’s constant on Twitter and it’s pathetic - it’s a default response when they haven’t got the intelligence to respond to reasonable statements and questions ... really didn’t want to see it raise its head on here - but @!james obliged ....

 

What’s the difference between older generations saying ‘millennial/snowflake’ to moan about younger people, and younger people saying ‘ok boomer’ to moan about older people? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BCFCGav said:

What’s the difference between older generations saying ‘millennial/snowflake’ to moan about younger people, and younger people saying ‘ok boomer’ to moan about older people? 

I think the difference is, thousands of millennial snowflakes flock to post ‘ok boomer’ on social media every day - it’s a pathetic badge of honour for them - older people don’t post ‘ok snowflake’ in response to anything, they don’t relate to the young people’s unrelenting ferocity to criticise their elders whilst ignoring everything the previous generations have added to their young, naive lives...

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think the difference is, thousands of millennial snowflakes flock to post ‘ok boomer’ on social media every day - it’s a pathetic badge of honour for them - older people don’t post ‘ok snowflake’ in response to anything, they don’t relate to the young people’s unrelenting ferocity to criticise their elders whilst ignoring everything the previous generations have added to their young, naive lives...

I think you might not have enough experience of social media if you don’t think ‘boomers’ have been calling anyone liberal/left/millennial etc a snowflake at the drop of a hat. It’s been relentless for a good few years now. 
 

I don’t want to get into the debate about how helpful these divisive generational attitudes are but you can’t really blame the youngsters for coming up with their own dismissive sweeping one liner in response to the ‘snowflake’ term  

 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to announcements on away ground tannoys.

I remember Oakwell years ago when we were leaving the ground and the result meant we were in the play offs.

Barnsley announcer, "Well done Bristol. Good luck in the play offs and SEE YOU NEXT SEASON"

(He obviously knew City's play off record, all the same.....)

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, it’s quite easy to just laugh at them - they think their generation will change the world - yet they panic when wi-fi ain't available - they can’t communicate without tapping on a keyboard ... whilst laughing at them is very easy, it would also be very worrying if we ever had to rely on them ...

Slightly ironic coming from someone with over 15 thousand posts on here ;)

I'm pretty sure that now the phrase is a piss take of the people who call everyone a snowflake (and make stupid comments like yours above) then immediately get very offended when called a boomer. Pretty well demonstrated in this thread in fact!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Slightly ironic coming from someone with over 15 thousand posts on here ;)

I'm pretty sure that now the phrase is a piss take of the people who call everyone a snowflake (and make stupid comments like yours above) then immediately get very offended when called a boomer. Pretty well demonstrated in this thread in fact!

15 thousand posts in 16 years ... not exactly prolific ... but good that you checked my output ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked up to the ticket office and had my 22 pounds ready to purchase my ticket and the guy selling the tickets, who looked older than me, wanted to charge me as an under 65.

Thank you,must be something to do with the clear air zone they have in London

The big screen did not have the match being shown while in play(Thank you Bristol City one of the very few clubs that show the action while the game is in play)

and ALL the goals and incidents.

Not just the home goals and action.

Score board did not know Eliason was a Second half substitute till he scored in the 60th minute

To round it off,thank you for the rendition of "when the red red robin comes bobing along" booming out over the P/A as we were leaving after the final whistle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think the difference is, thousands of millennial snowflakes flock to post ‘ok boomer’ on social media every day - it’s a pathetic badge of honour for them - older people don’t post ‘ok snowflake’ in response to anything, they don’t relate to the young people’s unrelenting ferocity to criticise their elders whilst ignoring everything the previous generations have added to their young, naive lives...

Ok boomer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Back to announcements on away ground tannoys.

I remember Oakwell years ago when we were leaving the ground and the result meant we were in the play offs.

Barnsley announcer, "Well done Bristol. Good luck in the play offs and SEE YOU NEXT SEASON"

(He obviously knew City's play off record, all the same.....)

I've just read all through these posts on this thread and your was pretty much the only one I understood. So question is am I a boomer, Snowflake or neither? Its getting lots of discussion on here so must be important, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RedSA said:

I think you might not have enough experience of social media if you don’t think ‘boomers’ have been calling anyone liberal/left/millennial etc a snowflake at the drop of a hat. It’s been relentless for a good few years now. 
 

I don’t want to get into the debate about how helpful these divisive generational attitudes are but you can’t really blame the youngsters for coming up with their own dismissive sweeping one liner in response to the ‘snowflake’ term  

 

I'm afraid I had to look up what 'ok boomer' meant but this made me smile... Shouldn't it read 'Old sheead'

Ok boomer is an easy way to diss Old shit heads. Bones3.0 being is creator of this amazing phrase has paved a way to help millions of people diss boomers when back then it wasn’t even possible.
Boomer: Saying Ok boomer is a hate crime, stop saying it or I’ll report you

JIM: Ok boomer
 
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...