IGNORED

Eliasson.....

Lez

For those who weren't there......ripped them to shreds time and time again.... not one block from his 7 or 8 crosses. Goal assist.....outstanding again.....I'm sure he will leave and not sign a new deal as why would he....

He has been awfully managed....deserves a RUN OF GAMES.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

For those who weren't there......ripped them to shreds time and time again.... it one block from his 7 or 8 crosses. Goal assist.....outstanding again.....I'm sure he will leave and not sign a new deal as why would he....

Totally agree he’s the only player who makes things happen. What a shame if he left. Wouldn’t blame him though 

40 minutes ago, Lez said:

For those who weren't there......ripped them to shreds time and time again.... not one block from his 7 or 8 crosses. Goal assist.....outstanding again.....I'm sure he will leave and not sign a new deal as why would he....

We have a year option.

He’s a frustrating player, for every game like you describe there’s a Blackburn and a millwall.

42 minutes ago, Lez said:

His contract is up in May and if I was him I would be off.

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

We have a year option.

He’s a frustrating player, for every game like you describe there’s a Blackburn and a millwall.

Exactly this, everyone including myself calling for him to be in starting line up after a few quality impact sub appearances, gets himself in the team and then performs badly in two games running!? A managers nightmare really.

"Niclas was good when he came on and that's what we want on a consistent basis. It is a dilemma, to play Niclas or not, and when he turns it on and is fed in good areas, there aren't many more dangerous in the division. When he doesn't, that often leaves us having to over-defend."

We should certainly exercise the year option but wouldn't be surprised if he did move.

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

"Niclas was good when he came on and that's what we want on a consistent basis. It is a dilemma, to play Niclas or not, and when he turns it on and is fed in good areas, there aren't many more dangerous in the division. When he doesn't, that often leaves us having to over-defend."

We should certainly exercise the year option but wouldn't be surprised if he did move.

Well i've seen us having to "over defend" time after time with NE sat on his arse on the bench.

LJ doesn't half talk shite

Eliasson is constantly getting the bloke out of jail, or at least lifting the performance of the team on the pitch, and this is the thanks he gets.

I'll tell you what clever clogs, don't play the ****** at all and see how many points we get.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Exactly this, everyone including myself calling for him to be in starting line up after a few quality impact sub appearances, gets himself in the team and then performs badly in two games running!? A managers nightmare really.

Tell me a player who didnt perform badly in those games....

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

For his career he will improve under a better coach so in his own best interests he should move on 

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

What idiots like us don't realise is it's NE fault they were all bad in those games.

Yep. I mean 2nd highest assists in the league.....normal behaviour for the manager to make him the scapegoat.....too good for us.

15 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

We have a year option.

So he creates chance time after time from the bench, he plays superb when starting against Huddersfield and Fulham, then has a couple of poor games (where every player was shockingly poor), so rather than drop anyone else who has been pish poor for weeks it's good old Eliasson who has to be dropped. I really don't understand why people automatically seem to think he should be MOTM every single game to get a run of games, if he was he wouldn't be playing for us and would be in the Prem.

His stats speak for themselves, he should be starting for a team who creates **** all without him - and we all have to accept he will create boatloads of chances over the season and along the way have some poor games - like every other footballer. Or we can start with O'Dowda who may well be better at defending but creates naff all. Why not attack teams, play to our strengths (which is NE) and create and score goals and show some entertainment? 

13 minutes ago, wood_red said:

So he creates chance time after time from the bench, he plays superb when starting against Huddersfield and Fulham, then has a couple of poor games (where every player was shockingly poor), so rather than drop anyone else who has been pish poor for weeks it's good old Eliasson who has to be dropped. I really don't understand why people automatically seem to think he should be MOTM every single game to get a run of games, if he was he wouldn't be playing for us and would be in the Prem.

His stats speak for themselves, he should be starting for a team who creates **** all without him - and we all have to accept he will create boatloads of chances over the season and along the way have some poor games - like every other footballer. Or we can start with O'Dowda who may well be better at defending but creates naff all. Why not attack teams, play to our strengths (which is NE) and create and score goals and show some entertainment? 

He creates chances as an unknown quantity. As soon as teams realise he’s one-footed he’ll just get shown down the line and nullified. Johnson knows this. And his positional play needs work. So whilst he is having a good season as an impact player he’s shown he can’t sustain it for 90 mins and needs to improve and adapt his game before he will get in a Championship team as a nailed on starter.

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

He creates chances as an unknown quantity. As soon as teams realise he’s one-footed he’ll just get shown down the line and nullified. Johnson knows this. And his positional play needs work. So whilst he is having a good season as an impact player he’s shown he can’t sustain it for 90 mins and needs to improve and adapt his game before he will get in a Championship team as a nailed on starter.

Firstly he isnt one footed.....secondly you are clearly quite naive seeing that teams are scouted.....teams look at the stats and watch teams play whether the manager or others. Clubs know Eliasson and they know his strengths the problem is they struggle to stop him as shown today.

This is the problem people like you just dont understand....and I dont mean to be rude.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Firstly he isnt one footed.....secondly you are clearly quite naive seeing that teams are scouted.....teams look at the stats and watch teams play whether the manager or others. Clubs know Eliasson and they know his strengths the problem is they struggle to stop him as shown today.

This is the problem people like you just dont understand....and I dont mean to be rude.

Thanks for enlightening me so politely o wise one. Must be another  reason why he cuts inside to cross 95% of the time.

7 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

One-footed? Where have you been this season? I dont think you have seen him at all! He’s superb with both feets!

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

So how did he manage to do it against Huddersfield for 90 mins, and a near 90 mins against Fulham?  He can also go past players both ways and cross with both feet, you also do not need to always hit a high whipped dipping cross either, you can hit them across the box low and fast.

When he moves from us - as I am sure he will go at the first opportunity (who would blame him), I would bet good money on him being a regular starter for any other Championship side. No other manager/club in this League will look at buying him to be an "impact sub" with his assists he has to his name, NOBODY.

6 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Thanks for enlightening me so politely o wise one. Must be another  reason why he cuts inside to cross 95% of the time.

So if he cuts in 95% of the time, how does he have so many assists when everyone knows what he is going to do?? As you said they only have to marshall him down the line to nullify him?

12 minutes ago, wood_red said:

So if he cuts in 95% of the time, how does he have so many assists when everyone knows what he is going to do?? As you said they only have to marshall him down the line to nullify him?

Teams haven’t cottoned on to his game yet, and aren’t primed to stop him. If and when that happens, he will become less effective. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Why? He will persevere with Brownhill despite the fact that he was the worst midfielder on the pitch for the games where Eliasson was poor. Will continually pick COD despite his last passable performance bing Norwich away. 

And even then his poor performance in those games came from the fact that our tactically innept manager decided that the plan for attacking wad to only ever go up the right and completely ignore the other side of the pitch and then wonder why when faced with 3 players against him Ellison didn't manage to beat them all and cross the ball. 

The man is a ******* moron and Nic would be stupid to stay while he is here as he will only ever play here and there as he is still incapable of playing a stable system or tram after 4 years. 

1 hour ago, Hare Island said:

We have a year option.

Both games he was doubled up on to stop him!

A decent team and coach wouldve seen this and been able to create space elsewhere to allow for our overload of an extra man. 
He isnt going to have freedom all the time with doubling up tactics. 
But he needs to be in the team. Literally 1 minute today to create something. 
But LJ also needs to find better tactics than just give the ball to him. Its one dimensional and you can read itlike a book. 
We used to do the same with Albert, just give him the ball and hope he creates. 
He has a 1-year option on his contract btw so wont be going anywhere in the summer without a decent fee. 

Amazing player. I see him being a very good prem player in the future. 

Why on Earth can't LJ find a way of playing someone who is so good..it is ridiculous. Even play him off of Diedhiou in a 352 if he has to. 

He showed with his goal how dangerous he is when coming more central. He's just a fantastic attacking player with the ball at his feet. Dribbling, speed, end product whether that's crossing or shooting.

32 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Teams haven’t cottoned on to his game yet, and aren’t primed to stop him. If and when that happens, he will become less effective. 

You said he was a one trick pony who could only cross with one foot. If that is the case how have no team cottoned onto it yet - according to your own posts, one minute teams are scouting every player and know exactly what he does, and the next minute nobody has cottoned onto him yet, but they will sooner or later so he will be ineffective. It seems you are as confused as our head coach with Eliasson.

Eliasson can go inside or outside, can cross with both feet, can play full games, creates chances most games and has the highest assists in the Championship which is from a pathetic, unjustified amount of minutes played. 

But forget about actual facts and just bench him because he has had a poor game when nobody gave him the ball and he had 2 players on him. As above if he is getting doubled up on then you use that to your advantage and create elsewhere with all the extra space and man you have. It really isn't rocket science.

6 minutes ago, wood_red said:

You said he was a one trick pony who could only cross with one foot. If that is the case how have no team cottoned onto it yet - according to your own posts, one minute teams are scouting every player and know exactly what he does, and the next minute nobody has cottoned onto him yet, but they will sooner or later so he will be ineffective. It seems you are as confused as our head coach with Eliasson.

Eliasson can go inside or outside, can cross with both feet, can play full games, creates chances most games and has the highest assists in the Championship which is from a pathetic, unjustified amount of minutes played. 

But forget about actual facts and just bench him because he has had a poor game when nobody gave him the ball and he had 2 players on him. As above if he is getting doubled up on then you use that to your advantage and create elsewhere with all the extra space and man you have. It really isn't rocket science.

Spot on and thanks for saying everything I've been thinking for ages. Top post @wood_red Brilliant post actually.

Archived