IGNORED

Luton

Robin Wood

8 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

What do you honestly think the score will be I'm going for 1-1

Right now I'd be happy with a draw but I think if Luton have done their homework and rock up like Millwall or Blackburn did, we'll crumble quickly. At the moment, putting LJs tactics to one side, the players are playing like they don't know each other (accepting I wasn't there today to see how we played). 

I think I'm going to go for 0-2. Still going though.

47 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

I'll be there but I go with a group of 8 others 5 have said they will not renew season tickets as they have said they don't feel they are getting value for money I couldn't agree more 2 others have said they definitely won't be renewing this after 15 years wow well done Lee

With all due respect, what a load of nonsense. This is rolled out every time we lose a couple of games and yet come the summer we set record season ticket sales again. If we hammer Luton at the weekend (not certain but we are capable), I wonder how many will then want to spend their weekends at B&Q. It was only a couple of weeks ago the phone ins and forum was buzzing about automatic promotion after the victory at Fulham victory, some people need to get a sense of perspective.

1 hour ago, Robin Wood said:

I'll be there but I go with a group of 8 others 5 have said they will not renew season tickets as they have said they don't feel they are getting value for money I couldn't agree more 2 others have said they definitely won't be renewing this after 15 years wow well done Lee

Bet you said that this time last year as well.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

With all due respect, what a load of nonsense. This is rolled out every time we lose a couple of games and yet come the summer we set record season ticket sales again. If we hammer Luton at the weekend (not certain but we are capable), I wonder how many will then want to spend their weekends at B&Q. It was only a couple of weeks ago the phone ins and forum was buzzing about automatic promotion after the victory at Fulham victory, some people need to get a sense of perspective.

Last time I looked the definition of a couple was two, so we have lost a couple of couples. (in a row)

Never mind 10/12, Luton's last 7 away games...

• Derby 0-2
  • Fulham 2-3
  • Birmingham 1-2
  • Reading 0-3
  • Brentford 0-7 (SEVEN!!)
  • Stoke 0-3
  • Preston 1-2

So that's 7 out of 7, just the 4 goals scored and 22 conceded in that time!!

Worth looking at their overall record since beating us 3-0 too?

• Fulham (A) 2-3
  • Birmingham (A) 1-2
  • Nottingham Forest (H) 1-2
  • Reading (A) 0-3 
  • Leeds (H) 1-2
  • Charlton (H) 2-1
  • Brentford (A) 0-7 (SEVEN!!)
  • Wigan (H) 2-1
  • Stoke (A) 0-3
  • Preston (A) 1-2
  • Swansea (H) 0-1
  • Fulham (H) 3-3

As we can see, the overall record sees 30 goals conceded in the last 12!

We, and I'm not arrogant, taking teams for granted- am often a bit overcautious if anything, but we really, really, really should be looking at a home win here!!

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Bet you said that this time last year as well.

I did its more a social thing as the football is absolute dross,my dad passed away this year and it's made me realise there's more important things than millionaire footballers at a club like ours. I think it's time to start watching some bands now as there is little to no entertainment watching City 

Said in another thread this one scares me a abit more than the Brentford one. Sure they concede but we don’t tend to create much. They also have goals in them so if they get an early one could be a long day. 

Brentford can see the lads being “up” for it against a top side. We tend to do that in recent history. Also they will have loads of possession something we seem to do well with. Our last wins we barely saw the ball but were efficient in our few breaks. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Said in another thread this one scares me a abit more than the Brentford one. Sure they concede but we don’t tend to create much. They also have goals in them so if they get an early one could be a long day. 

Brentford can see the lads being “up” for it against a top side. We tend to do that in recent history. Also they will have loads of possession something we seem to do well with. Our last wins we barely saw the ball but were efficient in our few breaks. 

Brentford will play us off the park. They pretty much always do 

I can see us taking a real thumping against them 

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Brentford will play us off the park. They pretty much always do 

I can see us taking a real thumping against them 

Oh I think that is more likely for sure. It was more to say about Luton game. That teams like that are the ones we generally struggle against at home. There have been plenty of times going to AG expecting a team to play us off the park and we show up and give them a game. 

11 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Four of the next five league games

Luton, Barnsley, Wigan and Reading. 

I'm expecting us to lose against Brentford so the other 4 games should decide Junior's fate. If he makes it through the Luton result. 

He will ‘make it through’ regardless of the result.

The calls for change won’t be listened too. They only way that will change is if we end up in a relegation battle.

The summer may be the time his job comes under threat but I doubt it.

9 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Totally agree with what you say .. if we do get promotion and it’s a big if how many would still not be renewing?

10 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

I find this amazing. What you’re saying is your friends were willing to renew when we got relegated to league one, still turned up when we were near the bottom of league one and heading to league two and yet because of a few poor results that have seen us drop to 10th in the championship they’ve decided not to renew?

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I find this amazing. What you’re saying is your friends were willing to renew when we got relegated to league one, still turned up when we were near the bottom of league one and heading to league two and yet because of a few poor results that have seen us drop to 10th in the championship they’ve decided not to renew?

Not really that hard to believe. The enjoyment factor doesn't necessarily revolve around league position

This is my 25th year as a season ticket holder. The club is arguably in it's healthiest position not only in that 25 years, but possibly in our history....yet I find myself attending less home games then ever 

That just goes to prove how dire the entertainment value is. I'm fed up with this manager, the most backed manager in our history....not doing anywhere near enough to take this club forward on the pitch 

There is zero enjoyment factor these days....it's been the same for 18 months. The last 18 months have been on par with some of the least entertaining football ive had the pleasure of seeing over the last 25 years 

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yes, they've been through all that ( and probably decades more) and there comes a time when a cumulative effect of disappointment - and currently disillusionment and boredom  - finally wears you down.

I'm someone who is known to everybody I know as a Bristol City supporter, it's part of my make up, and next season would be my 50th consecutive season, but I've struggled to renew for the last 2 seasons.

I needed the football this season to rejuvenate my interest and support, yet it could hardly have been more depressing at AG.

There's something very wrong when lifelong City fanatics like me are left so deflated by an afternoon at AG that we're genuinely considering if we still want to turn up.

29 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The club was a shambles then and you went more in hope now with the best budget and best players we've ever had we are getting awful non existent entertainment,  the manager struggles more when he has the players available than when we have a load of injuries, a lot of the players good qualities seem to be coached out of them rather than utilised to beat the opposition he seems to worry to much about the opponents, the championship is quite poor this season and wide open if only he could get anywhere near the best out of his players we could give it a real go this season, funny thing is the best we have played at home in the last two seasons was Stoke at home I can live with losing if only we made teams earn it rather than huff and puff and do nothing

11 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Could it just be you? Stay strong fella.

Archived