IGNORED

Managerial Alternatives

bcfcnick

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm throwing this name into the ring....

Robbored. No, hear me out.

Gift of the gab. Friends in all the right places. Universally popular. I could go on

but i can't think of anything else

Would have power to get tannoy fixed

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm throwing this name into the ring....

Robbored. No, hear me out.

Gift of the gab. Friends in all the right places. Universally popular. I could go on

but i can't think of anything else

He’d be told nit to post on OTIB!!

20 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Tim Sherwood really?  What has he ever done as a player or manager to think he would do better than LJ currently?  Serious question 

As a player hundreds of premier league appearances, captained a team to the premier league title, England international. As a manager has managed in the premier league, and whilst he has a lot to prove I think us fans can be unrealistic - just look at current favourite Hughton who would be highly unlikely to take the City job. Like it or not Sherwood is about our level atm.

11 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Duavid wagner got huddersfield up on a shoestring playing attractive football

That's an interesting one, but SL would never appoint him.

I still think that there must be a decent candidate out there that would go with the 'project'.

I just can't think of them.

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

As a player hundreds of premier league appearances, captained a team to the premier league title, England international. As a manager has managed in the premier league, and whilst he has a lot to prove I think us fans can be unrealistic - just look at current favourite Hughton who would be highly unlikely to take the City job. Like it or not Sherwood is about our level atm.

Yeah but what else has he done

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

That's an interesting one, but SL would never appoint him.

I still think that there must be a decent candidate out there that would go with the 'project'.

I just can't think of them.

Great manager and would take hom tomorrow but I believe he Is managing in the Bundesliga now

No chance of Hughton, he has turned down bigger and higher in the table Champ teams than us as he wants a Prem job.

Jokanovic is a outside chance, at least he'd get us playing football.

Alex Neil whilst it would  be a step down in the table he might feel he has taken Preston as far as he can and fancy joining a club with double the fans and double the turnover.

Steve Cotterill, not one for a relegation battle but bet he would get us up the table.

Gary Rowett, chief turncoat but bet we could get him if we wanted him.

There's some for starters.

6 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

We can certainly do a lot better than Sherwood! Been out of the game as a manager since 2015, had a disastrous spell as director of football at Swindon which proved what a massive ego and out of his depth he was. 

If you are looking at managers who got out of this division within our level then Aitor Karanka, Slavisa Jokaovic, Chris Hughton. Nigel Pearson but obviously just been taken by Watford. 

I really rate Alex Neil at Preston but no chance of that.

There's also the lower league/foreign model which has been successful for Huddersfield (Wagner) and Swansea (Potter) but risky and would need to work within the system we have with Ashton. 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

No chance of Hughton, he has turned down bigger and higher in the table Champ teams than us as he wants a Prem job.

Jokanovic is a outside chance, at least he'd get us playing football.

Alex Neil whilst it would  be a step down in the table he might feel he has taken Preston as far as he can and fancy joining a club with double the fans and double the turnover.

Steve Cotterill, not one for a relegation battle but bet he would get us up the table.

Gary Rowett, chief turncoat but bet we could get him if we wanted him.

There's some for starters.

Steve Cotterill...

... we can wish.

The only manager not appointed by SL. The only manager to bring us a title in my lifetime. But fired by SL for his wonder boy.

I think that another major losing streak was always likely to finish LJ off. Luton is now huge, as Brentford looks beyond us on current form.

On that basis, there’s merit in the discussion.

But...my god, it’s a depressing bunch of “candidates” out there. I don’t see the job going to a rookie - SL did that before and it was a disaster. So, we’re looking experienced and established - and relevant recent experience. Tim Sherwood is an absolute no - his managerial experience is half a season at Tottenham years ago and a Swindon disaster. 

Hughton is not a fanciful shout - his level is upper champ to lower prem and there’s no way a lower prem job would go for him mid season - they’d want a proven firefighter like Allardyce. The man may have a “functional” reputation, but he has a record - and plays with flair like Knockeart at times. He’d be on SLs list.

Jokanovic is also a very good shout - I’ve championed him before and he’d still be top of my list both on an attractive football and track record basis. Linked with the Brum job if Clotet goes and we’re a better proposition than them. Should be in the frame.

But.....if LJ goes, I think a cheeky £10 on Moyes is the value bet. Itching to get back into management, persona non grata in Prem and BCFC links. Could definitely see that happening.

As I said, it’s a depressing list. Outside of Hughton and Jokanovic or a random foreign punt (don’t see SL doing), it’s real slim pickings out there 

Rui Costa 

paulo Sousa 

karanka 

di matteo 

Jose Gomes 

van Bronckhorst 

mid we going to b buying abroad got to have a more European based manager.

if British based I say

chris hughton

michael duff

Not many British unless u go the I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! David moyes conversation...

stoll think he got to summer, also believe we make no signings or much business in January 

13 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Would love to see Cotts back in BS3

This is fascinating. No disrespect to you for this opinion or anyone else who has mentioned him but he's the one candidate who we know for certain has a recent track record of not being up to the job at this level! (With us and Birmingham)

I appreciate the players were different, the money available for signings was different but there are some things we do know from his time in the Championship with us:

- He didn't build on a platform of amazing success at League 1

- He fell out with Steve Lansdown

- He had no idea how use the players he did have available to stem an inevitable fall into the bottom three

- He seemingly didn't trust young (academy) players

I'll always give him huge credit for the season we were promoted but he is absolutely the wrong choice to appoint now. Let's look forwards, not backwards.

Archived