IGNORED

Kalas

Super

Lack of game time after his injury leading to a drop in confidence?

Some players can play themselves back into form while others need a break. Given our current run of results, it would take a very strong character to not be affected and play themselves back into form.

Last season we at least had some continuity in the back four being Hunt-Kalas-Webster-Dasilva

This season it’s changed almost every other week, it can’t help any player having to switch roles/what’s expected of them every week. 

Also wouldn’t have helped that he’s had a couple of injuries. Hopefully he gets back in form soon, because at the top of his game he’s easily one of the best in this league. 

4 hours ago, dave36 said:

Having a ball off the pitch according to his Instagram, perhaps it’s the toxic workplace syndrome?

Perhaps it's a sign of the times too.

Nice money, nice city and countryside on your doorstep, or vice versa- people say as a club we're too nice. Players hold a lot of power now, will they necessarily bust a gut over Christmas?

This is far from exclusive just to us btw. I'm suggesting it will become an increasing problem for players and manage-r where's the incentive, the hunger as such?

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps it's a sign of the times too.

Nice money, nice city and countryside on your doorstep, or vice versa- people say as a club we're too nice. Players hold a lot of power now, will they necessarily bust a gut over Christmas?

This is far from exclusive just to us btw. I'm suggesting it will become an increasing problem for players and manage-r where's the incentive, the hunger as such?

Doesn't he live near London?

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Doesn't he live near London?

Who- Kalas?

Dunno, don't follow any footballers on social media, or if I do, I barely read it.

That's not good if so! To me, players- getting all that money, should have to live in the vicinity- can't have players and money is a red herring, commuting from near London! Bristol, North Somerset whatever...

Still, my point stands- nice money, fairly (according to many too) nice club, nice lifestyle and decent vicinity.

We know he isn’t bad as he played consistently well least season, as opposed to a loan signing who has a few good games and then turns out to be rubbish once signed permanently.

Said it before and got abuse for it but firmly believe Kalas and Moore should be first choice.

Think the injuries have certainly played a part. Hopefully once back to full fitness we will see what he is all about again.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Who- Kalas?

Dunno, don't follow any footballers on social media, or if I do, I barely read it.

That's not good if so! To me, players- getting all that money, should have to live in the vicinity- can't have players and money is a red herring, commuting from near London! Bristol, North Somerset whatever...

Still, my point stands- nice money, fairly (according to many too) nice club, nice lifestyle and decent vicinity.

Open to correction, but get the impression he has a gaff at Long Ashton and Ascot.

10 hours ago, Super said:

What has happened to him? So bad again yesterday

Did he play any reserve football coming back from injury?

Probably needed a few games to get his match fitness and sharpness back but due to us being pretty crap found himself overworked and struggled.

23 hours ago, Super said:

What has happened to him? So bad again yesterday

The parallels with Baker (and others) are too similar to be coincidence. Great loan spell then joins on a permanent deal and his form gradually slides. Someone suggested on here after the Charlton game that the skill is being coached out of him, but I think it is the constant tinkering and lack of continuity causing confusion. 

13 hours ago, Smokey said:

Did he play any reserve football coming back from injury?

Probably needed a few games to get his match fitness and sharpness back but due to us being pretty crap found himself overworked and struggled.

This is likely to happen to Jay Dasilva as well, he looked a bit timid to me on Boxing Day 

23 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Last season we at least had some continuity in the back four being Hunt-Kalas-Webster-Dasilva

This season it’s changed almost every other week, it can’t help any player having to switch roles/what’s expected of them every week. 

Also wouldn’t have helped that he’s had a couple of injuries. Hopefully he gets back in form soon, because at the top of his game he’s easily one of the best in this league. 

Very important point regarding continuity and stability. Defending is based heavily on effective partnerships where everyone knows his job and there is good understanding between individuals. Injuries disrupt that. So does switching between systems, the obvious example being swapping back and forth from a three to an orthodox four.

Archived