IGNORED

They don’t deserve us.....

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Over 21,000 sold for Sunday and I’d expect not many from Luton! Fair play everyone! Let’s raise the roof, until city bore us stupid........

There will be nowhere near 21,000 in the ground. We will be lucky to get over 17,000 I should think. (still over double the blue few average...)

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Despite my frustration with our abject manager and poor displays, the team have still been better than our home support this year.

The worst home support, man-for-man, since I've been going in the 80s.

So you can imagine what the players attitude might be towards us, can't you?

Imagine being a player and reading this forum.

On 27/12/2019 at 16:00, Taunton_BCFC said:

Over 21,000 sold for Sunday and I’d expect not many from Luton! Fair play everyone! Let’s raise the roof, until city bore us stupid........

What do you mean they don’t deserve us? Our home support has been poor because too many people are over reliant on Section 82, hopefully the whole ground will be bouncing tomorrow which will spur on the players, not holding out for much though.

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

So you can imagine what the players attitude might be towards us, can't you?

Imagine being a player and reading this forum.

If I'm a plumber I don't need my customer to encourage me to do a good job. If you're a pro, you perform. That's your job. 

The crowd just add that extra 2%, unless you're mentally flawed. 

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If I'm a plumber I don't need my customer to encourage me to do a good job. If you're a pro, you perform. That's your job. 

The crowd just add that extra 2%, unless you're mentally flawed. 

.....but if your customers said you were crap at your job (after doing the best you can do) and banded that around on social media, would you be happy to keep doing a top job for them?

You certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

.....but if your customers said you were crap at your job (after doing the best you can do) and banded that around on social media, would you be happy to keep doing a top job for them?

If I was crap, I'd expect them to tell me, yes. And their friends and neighbours. 

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Especially when they’ve actually performed better than 75% of the competition....

Exactly a year ago tomorrow we (eventually) beat 9 man Rotherham 1-0, starting a long winning run. I’m sure the mood was similarly bleak then, and if Rotherham had held out it could have got really nasty for Johnson.

Who’s to say tomorrow can’t be the start of another such run, against similarly lowly opposition? I’m as hacked off as anyone with the way it is at the moment, but I always want City to win. Would happily give it a miss tomorrow mind but the youngsters I take won’t let me. 

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Debating  weather to go tomorrow . I used to love home games . Maybe if I don’t go the shackles will be off and we will play really well!!

The weather is going to be OK. I wouldn't worry about that, although the atmosphere is predicted to be "toxic"  

especially if they score first (or at all, probably)

What do they deserve? The sense of entitlement displayed by some fans is something that's really starting to grate - we have a nice stadium and 20,000 fans, therefore, we should be in the promotion places. What utter crap. 

Personally wouldn't mind if we lost a few of those fans, Ashton Gate was a happier place when it had 7 or 8 thousand people in, mates having a laugh and backing their team. Different times I know, but back then the expectations seemed more aligned to the reality of what our club actually is. 

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

It’s not the players getting the stick though! It’s LJ letting them and us down

COYR

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

What do they deserve? The sense of entitlement displayed by some fans is something that's really starting to grate - we have a nice stadium and 20,000 fans, therefore, we should be in the promotion places. What utter crap. 

Personally wouldn't mind if we lost a few of those fans, Ashton Gate was a happier place when it had 7 or 8 thousand people in, mates having a laugh and backing their team. Different times I know, but back then the expectations seemed more aligned to the reality of what our club actually is. 

Well yeah exactly. There are lots of clubs with stadia and facilities plus infrastructure- as well as gates of course- similar to or above us at this level.

That said,  I do believe criticism or concern about the performance level is perfectly fair. Especially when some similar issues seem to be recurring (for me, 4-3-3 or a lack of a genuine and consistent one, hinders us for sure). However regardless of individual views, think most would agree that performance levels, something isn't quite right, hasn't been for a while. 

Would also add to an extent 10, 20 years ago even. Sure was more than 7-8k that you refer to but noise etc per head now than now? EastEnd had excellent acoustics which helped too, as well as proximity to away fans.

Archived