IGNORED

They don’t deserve us.....

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

It’s not the players getting the stick though! It’s LJ letting them and us down

COYR

You say it's not the players getting the stick? These comments are all quite recent.....and there are many, many more.

Recent comments about Kalas
"What has happened to him? So bad again yesterday"
"Certainly doesn’t look like an 8 million quid centre half at the moment"

Recent comments about Palmer
"Palmer has not been good enough this season"
"KP has been absolutely shocking"
"Palmer hasn’t been very good and occasionally comes off the bench"

Recent comments about Baker
"Baker poor on ball and makes bad mistakes"
"He's been partly to blame for quite a number of goals imo"
"Baker is sound if you require him to head and kick a ball. Anything else, then you’ve got him scratching his head"
"I think him and Wright should be sold and we should look to upgrade"

Recent comments about O'Dowda
"I can’t get Callum O’Dowda out of my head. I’ll let you decide whether it’s for best or worst!"
"Cart horse, donkey, useless, crap, pathetic, ineffective."
"he really should be nowhere near the 1st team"
"the blokes an absolute pussy no fight in him whatsoever"
"Worst thing we ever did was handing him that pen"
"Complete waste of a squad player"
"Stealing a living - absolutely spineless excuse for a footballer"
"Get rid, he ain't interested"
"Reminds me of forest gump he’s only good at running"
"absolute disgrace of a footballer"
"How could a complete shite player like him hold us to ransom over a new contract? Get rid of him."
"Never rated him. Superficial player, seemingly narcissistic. Get rid"
"League 1 mid table player on a good day. Can’t believe he’s anywhere near a championship squad tbh. Dreadful"

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

You say it's not the players getting the stick? These comments are all quite recent.....and there are many, many more.

"Baker is sound if you require him to head and kick a ball. Anything else, then you’ve got him scratching his head"

"I can’t get Callum O’Dowda out of my head. I’ll let you decide whether it’s for best or worst!"
"How could a complete shite player like him hold us to ransom over a new contract? Get rid of him."
"League 1 mid table player on a good day. Can’t believe he’s anywhere near a championship squad tbh. Dreadful"

The O'Dowda comment is perfectly fair tbh.

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

If you're happy to take home 15-20 grand a week and drive around in a Bentley, you should expect to get stick if you consistently don't perform

32 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

No but that's not the point. If they keep playing poorly, they shouldn't be getting paid so much

Don't think football contracts are so allowable for this...see the PFA, Protected Creditors Rule etc.

However while I don't necessarily agree, I see where you're going with it. Nice wage, players are set for a long time or a great base. Nice city on their doorstep with a pleasant rural area to live in, or vice versa. Fairly nice club.

Where's the incentive to bust a gut each and every game? Over Christmas especially. The hunger. 

Additionally could say the same about clubs bigger or higher up the chain. Cold light of day, have Sheffield United truly got better players than Arsenal, Everton and tbh probably quite a few teams they're above? I'd suggest not. At times certain individuals at say Man Utd this year...huge cash but I hunger? 

At our level, Derby. Clarke  Bielik, Waghorn, Marriott...greaat wges, potential lifestyle on offer (as Keogh gate showed), countryside...should be doing better. Hunger? 

Lastly, up towards the pinnacle of the game. Bale, Rodriguez,  Isco. All major talents, all in and out of team...huge salary. Great lifestyle. 

The incentives aren't necessarily there to induce more, or not easily anyway. 

Oh yeah, Napoli another interesting example. Finished 2nd in Serie A, high wages no doubt. 7th right now and Ancelotti sacked. Despite strengthening...but they took 4 points off Liverpool in CO Group stage- go figure!!

I've got a feeling that as player power consolidates even more, this variance I'm baseline performance let's call it will become increasingly pronounced.

Just wondering why the players all look so down after each defeat, if they really couldn't give a toss. ?

For me, it isn't through lack of effort (possibly Fam excluded, at times) or commitment.

It is wholly due to set-up, tactics, and general management from the touchlines.

Not a Johnson out put up the banners man, but definitely getting impatient.

Today though, please try to stay with them...

I believe they DO deserve us.

13 hours ago, Richwilkins50 said:

Haha, my mrs goes mad every time I call it a slider. 

‘It’s a bloody slide, not a slider’

Over here in Norn Iron, a Slider is an ice-cream sandwich. Very easy to make as well as it's two wafers and vanilla ice-cream inbetween! Masterchef here I come.

On 28/12/2019 at 23:45, AppyDAZE said:

The weather is going to be OK. I wouldn't worry about that, although the atmosphere is predicted to be "toxic"  

especially if they score first (or at all, probably)

Luton poor but we looked a little bit more like our old selves 

On 29/12/2019 at 02:03, RedLionLad said:

Agree with what you are saying but in the particular case of O’Dowda (and his advisers) I struggle to have much sympathy. He stalled over signing a contract and since the presumably improved offer was offered and signed he simply hasn’t produced.

Marley Watkins, and no disrespect to the lad he seems a great pro but he isn’t Ronaldo, produced more in 70 minutes yesterday than COD has all season.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Agreed, shelts. TBH they were crap, let's not kid ourselves.

They were and undoubtedly the weakest team I’ve seen at AG so far this season.

They didn’t seem to have any game plan or playing style and in all honesty we should have put 5 or 6 past them.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Agreed, shelts. TBH they were crap, let's not kid ourselves.

They were but we’ve struggled against worse teams before and I think our players deserve credit for knocking the stuffing out of them with a goal so early on and then doing a professional job to finish it off.

It was one of those days that might have been four or five nil with a bit more luck and clinical finishing but, to use a footballing cliche, the players can only play the team put in front of them and the players looked confident and as though they were enjoying themselves in a way I really had not expected.

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

They were but we’ve struggled against worse teams before and I think our players deserve credit for knocking the stuffing out of them with a goal so early on and then doing a professional job to finish it off.

It was one of those days that might have been four or five nil with a bit more luck and clinical finishing but, to use a footballing cliche, the players can only play the team put in front of them and the players looked confident and as though they were enjoying themselves in a way I really had not expected.

When I looked at 2.00am my time in OZ for the result I was actually surprised we won after the last few performances. 3-0 is still a good result and had to find my glasses to see if I was reading the result correctly. Lets hope we can build from this win.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Agreed. I wasn't so much talking about us cos we were good. Just thought they were up there with the worst championship sides I've seen since being up there. 

Archived