IGNORED

Baker

leadman

29 minutes ago, Lucan said:

When was the last time two academy centre forwards or centre backs came into the first team together? 

I can't think of any at City and almost none at all across the top leagues 

The Class of 92 didn’t do that badly for starters. 

Virtually any decent attack we’ve ever had has been based on a pairing.  Lummydaze, even the Gas had Bannister and Warboys. 

If we aren’t going to buy the best in like most teams do - and we did under Cotts - we’ve got to find new and innovative ways to deliver success ‘on the cheap’. We look like a team of individuals who’ve never played with each other at the moment. We need to find away of delivering a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. 

Semenyo looks totally lost on the field at the moment, we needed to have matched him up with I/2/3 players who will understand his play, equally he having an intuitive knowledge of how his partners play.  

Instead of sending individual squad players (whether Academy or fringe first team squad) to all points of the compass we need a strategy where we send 2 or 3 to one Club. If we can’t do that I prefer them to work with us and have the occasional friendlies against ‘men’s adult sides’ to give the Academy products that experience.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Moore being class I mean in his footballing ability. He can do things Baker is incapable of doing and suits the way we want to play. And at 22 any mistakes he is making he should learn from and naturally improve. 22 is so young for a centre back.

Baker is 6 years older and I imagine in his prime. I can't imagine he will get any better.

The mistake he made against Milwall he was outside the box. He ran across after Rowe had been outpaced, and he just sort of ran out the way for Wallace to score.

Nagy had poorly miss controlled it, Rowe had been completely outpaced. Bentley was very poor dealing with a weak shot.

But out of all of them Baker was the one who made completely the wrong decision. He just seemed to guess Wallace was going to drop his shoulder which he didn't do. He's the last man, he has to not commit himself.

It's one bad mistake, but there's still been too many this season from him for me, and that's in a better season from him.

This season Baker has improved on the previous 18 months from christmas 17/18 season. But overall I think he has made too many errors for someone who is an experienced centre back, who is not very good on the ball, but supposed to be a solid centre back at this level. I just don't see a really great reliable defender.

I think him and Wright should be sold and we should look to upgrade. I'm always hoping to upgrade in all positions.

Archived