IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

GTFABM

Just read on Sky Sports Swansea are looking to sign KP on loan in January. Rediculous waste of a signing really. Very talented player in there somewhere just wish we got to see him and Afobe for longer as i think thats the only partnership where he would be at his best.

3 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Just read on Sky Sports Swansea are looking to sign KP on loan in January. Rediculous waste of a signing really. Very talented player in there somewhere just wish we got to see him and Afobe for longer as i think thats the only partnership where he would be at his best.

Will not happen

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Will not happen

I really hope not because there is a player in there in the mould i personally love to watch. But if you would of said Paterson would have been allowed to leave to a championship rival i would of laughed. One of Johnsons favourites it seemed.

3 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

With Paterson coming back it wouldn't be as unlikely as some think. Wouldn't agree with sending him to a rival but the bottom line is Palmer has not been good enough this season. 

Agree with him not being good enough even though i don’t think thats all down to him. Paterson fits Johnsons teams more than Palmer does annoyingly.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This would make me angry beyond words and even the most fervent LJ backers would struggle to defend it. 

Not so sure Fordy. There is always a good logical reason for crackpot decisions in some quarters. I was quite surprised he was signed permanently to be honest as he didn't appear to be favoured. 

9 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

There's legs to this. LJ getting increasingly frustrated with KP, was Ashtons signing as he thought it was too good of a signing not to make and wanted to keep relations with Chelsea high. 

Not my understanding.  But hey-ho.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Since Afobe has been injured. KP has been absolutely shocking. I honestly thought he would be better. Don’t mind if he leaves 

Get in Che Adams from Southampton and then keep him. Needs that type of player to bring out his best.

This would be absolutely ridiculous if it happens. Sure, Kasey hasn’t had the best of seasons so far but, to be honest, how could he have done? He’s barely had a decent run in the side (he’s only completed 90 minutes twice) and has barely any support up top. If Johnson just switched to a 4-2-3-1 we could solve this whole thing. Yeah, Kasey is a bit mercurial and is very much beginning to remind me of JET & Tomlin *but* if we actually give him a run in the side and instil him with some confidence (and Eliasson flanking him) I reckon we’d actually get to see some prime KP. He’s miles better than Pato, not to mention 4 years younger, so switching them out would be borderline insane. 

If we are not bringing in an Afobe type then I don't see why we shouldn't loan Palmer out.

Paterson was mainly ahead of him last season wasn't he? With the way Palmer has looked since Afobe injury, I can't see why Pato would not be in front of him again when he returns.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

If we are not bringing in an Afobe type then I don't see why we shouldn't loan Palmer out.

Paterson was mainly ahead of him last season wasn't he? With the way Palmer has looked since Afobe injury, I can't see why Pato would not be in front of him again when he returns.

Did we already have Afobe when we signed Palmer? I seem to recall Benik being a lucky last minute loan when Nkeitah went to Leeds instead of us. 

I was quite glad we offloaded Pato to be honest as he went backwards last season,  but if like for like KP wasn't the answer in isolation. 

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Did we already have Afobe when we signed Palmer? I seem to recall Benik being a lucky last minute loan when Nkeitah went to Leeds instead of us. 

I was quite glad we offloaded Pato to be honest as he went backwards last season,  but if like for like KP wasn't the answer in isolation. 

I thought we had Palmer before Afobe. But then we were probably sure we'd signed Nketiah as he'd more or less agreed to I think. May be wrong though.

Bit of an overreaction by a few on here, let’s be honest.

Palmer hasn’t been very good and occasionally comes off the bench. Why would he be such a loss if it meant money being made available for a couple of strikers?

As I mentioned before, LJ doesn’t know how to use Palmer and get the best out of him, so maybe he would be more useful to us playing well for Swansea against promotion rivals?

44 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I agree he was better when afobe was in front of him. But you cannot use that as an excuse for constantly losing the ball in dangerous areas by trying unnecessary skills. 

I agree to a extent . Main problem for him holding onto the ball too long is the lack of decent movement in front of him though. 

Palmer only signed for us after Swansea baulked at the asking price. I think they wanted him on loan but we were prepared to buy him. So here he is. No great surprise if he went there. What about a swap with Celina ? After the home game with Swansea Cooper made straight for Palmer and had quite a chat with him. There is definately an interest there.

Archived