IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

GTFABM

16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Bit of an overreaction by a few on here, let’s be honest.

Palmer hasn’t been very good and occasionally comes off the bench. Why would he be such a loss if it meant money being made available for a couple of strikers?

As I mentioned before, LJ doesn’t know how to use Palmer and get the best out of him, so maybe he would be more useful to us playing well for Swansea against promotion rivals?

The more I think of it, the more it makes sense.

Palmer has had a number of very bad performances, whether that's starting against Wigan and WBA, or sub appearances where he keeps giving it away outside our box and not making runs or making himself an option in attacking areas.

We know his off the ball work is not very good, but when he is also so bad on the ball, I can't see how LJ can be so brave to start him like people are suggesting.

I thought Palmer last played well against Charlton. He was exceptional and changed the game when he came on. Cardiff away he was very good in helping see the game out. And didn't he look good when Semenyo played up top with Weimann in a couple of away games?

Overall it hasn't worked out this season so far. And didn't really work out last season after an exceptional impact when coming on against Bolton, and the man of the match performance against Bolton in the cup.

Hopefully if Swansea get him on loan then they might teach LJ how to get the best out of him! 

It's interesting if they do get him. As they play 4141/433, a formation we have not really played much at all this season. They have pace on the wings, but not got an Afobe type through the middle.  So I am not sure he'd be in a number 10 position, but more in a deeper role.

KP this is probably the Best midfielder in the division, if the manager can’t manage then that’s where the problem lies . To bring Patterson back is a backward move . KP can be the midfielder to provide finale ball to Eliasson but manager wants to play safe football :laugh: and not attacking SAFE 4 points from 24 ffs

38 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Palmer only signed for us after Swansea baulked at the asking price. I think they wanted him on loan but we were prepared to buy him. So here he is. No great surprise if he went there. What about a swap with Celina ? After the home game with Swansea Cooper made straight for Palmer and had quite a chat with him. There is definately an interest there.

Yes, I noticed that too.

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Might indicate the club won't be in the market for one in January. 

You may we’ll be right.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If we are not bringing in an Afobe type then I don't see why we shouldn't loan Palmer out.

Paterson was mainly ahead of him last season wasn't he? With the way Palmer has looked since Afobe injury, I can't see why Pato would not be in front of him again when he returns.

The harsh reality of this transfer window might be about to grip.

Perhaps SL is getting tough.

Its obvious I like / rate Palmer, but I’ll accept he 1) isn’t playing well 2) LJ isn’t getting a tune from him 3) I thought it was a strange signing after Szmodics had impressed pre-season.  It wasn’t just LJ getting a flake on his 99, it was chocolate Source and crushed nuts!

It was a luxury purchase, and you coukd understand SL wondering whether it was very prudent with the club sat in 10th and the head-coach not playing him.  With Swansea interested, a loan for 6 months even with a loan fee and 100% wage contribution is only a small recoup of a £3.5m fee and £1.0m p/a wages on a 4 year deal.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You may we’ll be right.

Its obvious I like / rate Palmer, but I’ll accept he 1) isn’t playing well 2) LJ isn’t getting a tune from him 3) I thought it was a strange signing after Szmodics had impressed pre-season.  It wasn’t just LJ getting a flake on his 99, it was chocolate Source and crushed nuts!

It was a luxury purchase, and you coukd understand SL wondering whether it was very prudent with the club sat in 10th and the head-coach not playing him.  With Swansea interested, a loan for 6 months even with a loan fee and 100% wage contribution is only a small recoup of a £3.5m fee and £1.0m p/a wages on a 4 year deal.

I saw a post suggesting he was an Ashton signing but that was the first I heard of it. If he goes on loan even the penny may drop with SL who may look at the other gambles which haven't paid off. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You may we’ll be right.

The only reason you would loan him to a team in our league would be if you didn’t see them as a threat to us,seeing as we are gliding to mid table mediocrity this could well happen 

38 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

KP this is probably the Best midfielder in the division, if the manager can’t manage then that’s where the problem lies . To bring Patterson back is a backward move . KP can be the midfielder to provide finale ball to Eliasson but manager wants to play safe football :laugh: and not attacking SAFE 4 points from 24 ffs

Oh come on.  If he’s the best midfielder in the division then why has he not played a decent match since October?  Please don’t insult my intelligence by saying it’s the manager’s fault.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The only reason you would loan him to a team in our league would be if you didn’t see them as a threat to us,seeing as we are gliding to mid table mediocrity this could well happen 

Or you need the money? ?

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Swansea fans really not happy about this one on their forum.

Is that because he didn’t go to them in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Seems sensible, hopefully recoup some of the fee and cut the wage bill a bit. He hasn’t Really delivered this season, much like last. Not really sure why we signed him

Contributed to 4 goals in 11 starts. Played a pass no one else would’ve been able to in the squad vs Brum and Charlton. 

Just don’t think he’s being played correctly / we don’t have the right forward line for him which begs the question why bother buying him. Letting him go to a club in the same division would be shooting ourselves in the foot massively though. 

11 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Not seen anything of Nkeitah is he similar to Afobe? 

He's got great acceleration and is a natural in the box. Certainly quicker than what we currently have up top.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Contributed to 4 goals in 11 starts. Played a pass no one else would’ve been able to in the squad vs Brum and Charlton. 

Just don’t think he’s being played correctly / we don’t have the right forward line for him which begs the question why bother buying him. Letting him go to a club in the same division would be shooting ourselves in the foot massively though. 

Why bother buying him, was it a £4.00M fee ?  Now not getting in match day squad ? Interesting watch tomorrow

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Plus a lot of poor games and giving away some stupid free kicks. There may be talent there, but for whatever reason we are not seeing it, and financial reality may be that we have to let him go. As for not to another Championship side, we’ll he won’t be dropping to L1, nor moving to the Premiership, so that limits options a lot.

Harsh reality is that we have a bloated squad, and will probably have to let players move.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's got great acceleration and is a natural in the box. Certainly quicker than what we currently have up top.

And unproven at this level.  Interested to know what system we’ll play to accommodate him?  Think it would be in some 433 type system, coming in from the right.  Really haven’t seen enough of him to be confident he’s the answer.  Could be the next Andy Cole though.  I’m not against us signing him, just not sure we should be betting on him being the saviour.

If this is true and does happen then so be it. Palmer does have the quality and can play well with the right players around him, e.g. Afobe and team performing well. When the team isn't though, Palmer doesn't fill me with confidence - too many mistakes in him and zero defensive ability. 

Reality is though he has been playing very poorly recently (although not the only one).  As some have pointed out too, perhaps the club are trying to manage the books to free up wages/cash for a new signing and no longer see him with a future here - things do change in football and clearly his standard of performances has dropped - be honest, everyone can see it. Maybe the club are acting now to try to recoup some of the fee?

On the other hand, it does through up questions about the clubs transfer policy and just what is going on amongst the team at the moment. 

Archived