IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

GTFABM

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

KP this is probably the Best midfielder in the division, if the manager can’t manage then that’s where the problem lies . To bring Patterson back is a backward move . KP can be the midfielder to provide finale ball to Eliasson but manager wants to play safe football :laugh: and not attacking SAFE 4 points from 24 ffs

He's not even the best midfielder at City whose name begins with a K

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He would waltz back in our team right now in all honesty 

If Paterson can waltz back in our team it poses massive questions about Johnson and the quality of our recruitment. He offers nothing unless someone else is doing the hard work, remarkably like Johnson when he played.

Pato normally has a very good game for us every one game in around six. Unlike Palmer he usually starts when available; and is frequently anonymous.

If we get to the end of Jan, and KP is at Swansea (of all places), but we still have Pato, COD & Szmodics, then like others, I will be very pissed off.

54 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’d have Pato at his best over Palmer on current form any day of the week.

To be fair that is a crap argument. I would have Pato at his best over Palmer at his best BUT the point being Pato was at his best 1 in 10 games.

Most of the time he would join COD, Palmer and Brownhill (of late) on the anonymous performance list.

Palmer needs to be played correctly, he looks s*** because he is having to drop to the edges of our box to try and drive the ball out. 

Its ridiculous that people think he is turd when he is clearly being misused, imagine playing Fammy as a winger, or Eliasson as a defensive mid or striker, they’d be equally as turd! 

32 minutes ago, Meh said:

To be fair that is a crap argument. I would have Pato at his best over Palmer at his best BUT the point being Pato was at his best 1 in 10 games.

Just like Palmer then!

But I think the whole point is that’s symptomatic in a league where there’s 18 teams all as good as one another. You have to be seriously, seriously good to stand out as truly something. 

For as dismal as the last few games have been we’re 5 points off 3rd place. I’m no fan of Johnson right now but the hyperbole meter is pretty high. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There is a recall option.  Suspect Oxford will actually turn it into a permanent signing during the window.

Or wait until summer and sign him for free? Even though we would want his wages off our hands we surely would be asking for a fee otherwise?

I heard he has moved up that way, I predict his loan will be extended and he will sign for them in the Summer.

3 hours ago, Magger1 said:

KP this is probably the Best midfielder in the division, if the manager can’t manage then that’s where the problem lies . To bring Patterson back is a backward move . KP can be the midfielder to provide finale ball to Eliasson but manager wants to play safe football :laugh: and not attacking SAFE 4 points from 24 ffs

That's if he hasn't lost possession or given away a free kick on the edge of our penalty area!

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Feel free to go back through my posts, I said about Morrell joining Lincoln in June and KP joining weeks before he did. My source is good ☺️

I genuinely think (with no inside information) that MA has a lot more input on signings and final agreement than we are made aware of, maybe more than LJ - regardless of what is peddled in the press.

1 hour ago, Bobby Bollax said:

A lot of excuses on here for a player that struggles to pass the ball 5 yards to another player, I suppose thats our coaches fault on Otib...

Aside from the fact that , that same criticism could be aimed at anyone in the current line up. You have a player with good vision and the ability to find a pass better than anyone in the squad, with Afobe and Weimann running off of him we did look a threat. Take the runners out of the side, and you take away a large part of Palmers game, and the main reason we got him here.

53 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I genuinely think (with no inside information) that MA has a lot more input on signings and final agreement than we are made aware of, maybe more than LJ - regardless of what is peddled in the press.

Hard to argue, considering we signed winger after winger, then went to 5-3-2. Even when we signed Szmodics and Palmer, we started playing 2 up top so limited their chances. One thing I would say, it's not so much the Press that peddled that one as LJ. He has said on a few occasions, that he has final say on signings. 

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

My instinct is Palmer won’t ever make the top level as he is lazy and try’s the glory ball all the time. He is not prepared to do the basics. His work rate off the ball is shocking and this is his major failing in the modern game. 

That’s enough about JET. What about Palmer? 

20 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

My instinct is Palmer won’t ever make the top level as he is lazy and try’s the glory ball all the time. He is not prepared to do the basics. His work rate off the ball is shocking and this is his major failing in the modern game. 

Disagree but all about opinions.

Archived