IGNORED

Posting respectfully

steveybadger

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Your OP gives the impression that you you’re a wannabe Mod - or just an over sensitive type - a snowflake (in urban slang)

Ironically, those who most oft call people snowflakes are the biggest “snowflakes” themselves. 

think the OP has it right though, and I think he’s mostly referring to the fact that apparently you are either a ‘sack the manager’ type or a ‘happy clapper’ for ease going forward in this passage I will just refer to them as ‘leavers and ‘remainers’

there is an undercurrent for sure on this forum too frequently bubbling to the top where it is just a case of who can shout loudest of those two groups and that anyone who doesn’t agree is shot down as a Hapless non-passionate remainer or a mindless reckless leaver. While maybe it doesn’t lead  to abuse at the moment, it does lead to pretty much everyone being pissed off and chance for serious debate being hijacked at every turn. Alas it would appear the political discourse blighting this new world of gonzo politics and reached our dear little forum.

although it is actually not so much the abuse I am concerned with the biggest issue I see on here in these awful awful,un-salvageable times is the unbelievable histrionics and knicker twisting that what I presume to be mostly grown men are getting themselves into over football - those people really need to take a look at themselves, it’s deeply embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

think the OP has it right though, and I think he’s mostly referring to the fact that apparently you are either a ‘sack the manager’ type or a ‘happy clapper’ for ease going forward in this passage I will just refer to them as ‘leavers and ‘remainers’

there is an undercurrent for sure on this forum too frequently bubbling to the top where it is just a case of who can shout loudest of those two groups and that anyone who doesn’t agree is shot down as a Hapless non-passionate remainer or a mindless reckless leaver. While maybe it doesn’t lead  to abuse at the moment, it does lead to pretty much everyone being pissed off and chance for serious debate being hijacked at every turn. Alas it would appear the political discourse blighting this new world of gonzo politics and reached our dear little forum.

although it is actually not so much the abuse I am concerned with the biggest issue I see on here in these awful awful,un-salvageable times is the unbelievable histrionics and knicker twisting that what I presume to be mostly grown men are getting themselves into over football - those people really need to take a look at themselves, it’s deeply embarrassing.

Otib is a football forum and is naturally full of  posters with different personalities and opinions and therefore we see plenty of criticism of each others views.

Im not sure what you expect.

I agree that posters could explain their thinking before criticising a post but very few actually do...........:cool2:

13 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Ironically, those who most oft call people snowflakes are the biggest “snowflakes” themselves. 

Its just playground name calling and apart from a few gas posters we all want whats best for our club, just that we have different views on how that should happen;

You quote the 2 most widely used types but many others are in between those "types" but get posted in one or the other by posters and it sticks.

This is just a forum with fans of our club posting views on it, thats it......its far from life threatening.

11 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Please do, whatever your views are. You'll find you might convert more people to your viewpoint if you do.

We are ALL CTWD.

Respectfully:

I'm relieved to find that this isn't some kind of new version of annoying visiting fan  '' in peace ''  post...  

They get right up my f *** ing nose  - the *****!  ?

11 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Not the intention - just an attempt to try and reduce the nasty stuff and increase the interesting stuff. As an example I like reading (most of) BBSB's posts even if I don't agree with it - at least he wants a discussion about why someone might disagree with him.

He used to - not posted now for a couple of months seemingly after someone took ridiculous offence and made a big thing out of what most of us would think of as simply an opinion.

Posters being over sensitive and making a fuss about nothing - e.g. telling people off and lecturing them for not being PC - is getting to be as a big a problem as posters not treating others with respect.

OTIB's lost some good posters because of this imo.

47 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He used to - not posted now for a couple of months seemingly after someone took ridiculous offence and made a big thing out of what most of us would think of as simply an opinion.

Posters being over sensitive and making a fuss about nothing - e.g. telling people off and lecturing them for not being PC - is getting to be as a big a problem as posters not treating others with respect.

OTIB's lost some good posters because of this imo.

Agree with this. 

I would add that many threads quickly become a race to the bottom. Where the objective is to outwit the other poster, rather than - as originally planned - to state a view or position. 

These are the posts I hate the most. Where sarcasm (not wit) become the order of the day, and where people insist on stating the other person wants LJ out every time they criticise him. 

It's so childish and can't be reasoned with when the other person won't listen. 

I'm happy to accept there are reasons to keep him long term, short term or get rid. 99% of people have no agenda, they just have valid reasons why they want or don't want to see change. Get over it. 

On 29/12/2019 at 10:27, CotswoldRed said:

Agree with this. 

I would add that many threads quickly become a race to the bottom. Where the objective is to outwit the other poster, rather than - as originally planned - to state a view or position. 

These are the posts I hate the most. Where sarcasm (not wit) become the order of the day, and where people insist on stating the other person wants LJ out every time they criticise him. 

It's so childish and can't be reasoned with when the other person won't listen. 

I'm happy to accept there are reasons to keep him long term, short term or get rid. 99% of people have no agenda, they just have valid reasons why they want or don't want to see change. Get over it. 

Fully agree - no need to give those people the time of day imo. Just ignore them and their irksome comments - perhaps they'll go away.

I suppose I'm more thinking of posters being harangued for giving a perfectly reasonable - if forthright - opinion which the PC snowflake type object to - perhaps even enough to 'report' them.

Really irritating and tiresome to read and I've little doubt this pathetic and juvenile lecturing takes it's toll when it comes to losing good posters.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fully agree - no need to give those people the time of day imo. Just ignore them and their irksome comments - perhaps they'll go away.

I suppose I'm more thinking of posters being harangued for giving a perfectly reasonable - if forthright - opinion which the PC snowflake type object to - perhaps even enough to 'report' them.

Really irritating and tiresome to read and I've little doubt this pathetic and juvenile lecturing takes it's toll when it comes to losing good posters.

Terms such as this, ironically- not that I care but ironically, probably also can contribute to the race to the bottom to which @CotswoldRed refers.

Person A, uses the term "PC" or "snowflake" etc, and Person B- possibly of said generation likely might respond with "Boomer" or "Gammon"- before you know it, threads within threads, bickering etc. 

Losing decent posters off the back of it.

All IMO of course.

I agree we should treat fellow posters with respect. Bristol Sport and it's employees should be questioned in an impolite but friendly way though. My content will need to be approved by a moderator. Something I'm happy with as I would not like to get others in to trouble. My long term ambition is to become a mod. Big Tone. I can not say what i wish. Mayday, Mayday I'm under the radar.  

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Terms such as this, ironically- not that I care but ironically, probably also can contribute to the race to the bottom to which @CotswoldRed refers.

Person A, uses the term "PC" or "snowflake" etc, and Person B- possibly of said generation likely might respond with "Boomer" or "Gammon"- before you know it, threads within threads, bickering etc. 

Losing decent posters off the back of it.

All IMO of course.

"PC snowflake type" is how I would describe several posters who come on here looking to be offended, picking posters up on trivial things and making a big fuss about it, generally harassing posters for being forthright in a way they don't like. 

No one will have difficulty knowing the type of poster I mean - or even naming a couple of prime candidates I suspect.

I don't recall using any terms you use above to an individual on OTIB - unlike yourself btw. You come over as a nice chap to chat to on this forum but your mask slipped somewhat on the non footy before and after the election where I thought you became quite unpleasant and iirc. used the phrases 'boomer' & 'gammon' quite liberally without it necessarily being in retaliation.

Anyway, I'll put my previous post another way, my beef - not gammon - is about long term mature posters being lectured to distraction by immature over sensitive and rude twerps.

Is that any better?

Everyone should be entitled to their opinion and you can either agree or disagree, but there are some that try to force you to see it their way and then start trying to insult your intelligence which is pathetic. The question of posting politely has come up quite a bit of late. The reaction to a post isn’t caused by the person who posts but how the person reading the post reacts emotionally to it, and sometimes without understanding the context of what was written. The written word is always problematic in so much as it can be interpreted in different ways by different readers. It’s not life or death, it’s just a forum. Leavers or Remainers we are all City Fans at the end of the day. Up the City! COYR!!!

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

"PC snowflake type" is how I would describe several posters who come on here looking to be offended, picking posters up on trivial things and making a big fuss about it, generally harassing posters for being forthright in a way they don't like. 

No one will have difficulty knowing the type of poster I mean - or even naming a couple of prime candidates I suspect.

I don't recall using any terms you use above to an individual on OTIB - unlike yourself btw. You come over as a nice chap to chat to on this forum but your mask slipped somewhat on the non footy before and after the election where I thought you became quite unpleasant and iirc. used the phrases 'boomer' & 'gammon' quite liberally without it necessarily being in retaliation.

Anyway, I'll put my previous post another way, my beef - not gammon - is about long term mature posters being lectured to distraction by immature over sensitive and rude twerps.

Is that any better?

Post what you like, I'm not about attempted censorship- was merely an observation.

I'm not talking about or referring to you, just making a general point. I've given the politics thread a bit of a swerve of late and retaliation, I'd argue on that a bit but anyway it's not really the thread for it- not exactly proud of some of my postings which were a bit ranty and had rude elements, but OTOH some posters in debate over there can be quite antagonistic or touchy too- myself included at times. Brexit Debate aside, being dragged into an uncertain future and a realisation of it can be a touchy subject but Politics area the best place for it!

Like I say, doesn't bother me but bringing age into it- long term, mature posters, I'm assuming or might some might assume could have an age inference, could lead to a bit of tit for tat.

Also agree with basically a lot of what Gert Mare said above too. 

On 29/12/2019 at 09:42, Nogbad the Bad said:

He used to - not posted now for a couple of months seemingly after someone took ridiculous offence and made a big thing out of what most of us would think of as simply an opinion

He had a meltdown you mean (not for the first time) and had a fit because someone called him out. 

The forum is better without him and his know all posts

On 28/12/2019 at 23:37, Redwhitepurple said:

Mods aka p.c brigade

Without them the forum wouldn’t exist. If you don’t like how they run the place - all out of their own time for free - nobody is forcing you to post 

On 28/12/2019 at 22:34, Robbored said:

Well....a very decent sentiment but to me regardless of how much flak I get on here, it’s all water off a ducks back. It doesn’t bother me one iota,

I do appreciate tho that not all posters have the skin of a rhino as I do.

IOTA is a distributed ledger designed to record and execute transactions between machines and devices in the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem. ... IOTA's key innovation is Tangle, a system of nodes used for confirming transactions.

really?

Archived