IGNORED

Bristol City v Luton Town Match Day 25

Septic Peg

Morning all.

This morning, I awoke to the familiar musical strains of Match of the Day, my TV still on after I watched something random on BBC 1 last night.

Now, I haven't watched MOTD in years. Why would I? My team aren't going to on there. But something made me ***** my ears up and watch.

Eddie Howe. The saviour of Bournemouth. Long touted as one of the best young English managers in the game, he's been a stalwart at Bournemouth but that hasn't stopped his name being associated with jobs across the game including the poisoned chalice that is England manager.

Now what made me watch was their game v Brighton. The commentary noted that they'd recently had a 5 game losing streak, ending with a VAR involved goal against Chelsea. Since then, their form has remained flaky - drawing at Arsenal and losing to Burnley and yesterday's result at Brighton.

So why am I mentioning this? 

Because over on uptheCherries, the atmosphere is very similar to our own. Calls across the forum for "Howe out" and queries to his coaching ability.

This manager whom has been named as a potential manager for England is seriously having his credentials queried by Alan, chip shop owner, 64 from Boscombe. Argh.

But again, so many similarities. LJ too has been suggested as one of the best young English managers and is tipped for great things one day.

And the same goes here on OTIB. We've heard and seen the crowing for LJ out. I've purposefully kept put of the votes and polls, not because I don't care but because I don't know how I feel about it.

LJ has undoubtedly made real strides for us. The player production line is case in point. 3 OG youth players going for multi million pound deals says an awful lot. The calibre of player coming here says an awful lot too e.g Massengo and Kalas. 

Are the dreams over for both us and Bournemouth with our respective managers? Are they still as highly regarded within the game? I don't know.

On to today.

We will lose. 3-1 Luton. Got good odds on SkyBet so the day won't all be down the toilet. Announce bedsheets.

FA Cup next weekend! Yay!

COYRS!

Anybody know if todays game is on the red button?

The Mrs is in a sulk as she doesn't want me going to two games in 4 days. So I have told her f@@k I won’t go to either and stay at home and be an absolute t@@t towards her.

Just love married life ?

2 minutes ago, boatman said:

The Mrs is in a sulk as she doesn't want me going to two games in 4 days. So I have told her f@@k I won’t go to either and stay at home and be an absolute t@@t towards her.

Just love married life ?

A Pyrrhic victory for Mrs Boatman. Hopefully she has learned her lesson.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Whatever happens today one thing will remain with me forever....my ten year old daughter watching her first game at AG.

E93D2FEA-3303-4BF4-9E25-32C693D52394.jpeg

Have a good one fella

11 minutes ago, boatman said:

Just love married life ?

Both today and the Brentford match are on the red button according to sky’s schedule 

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Whatever happens today one thing will remain with me forever....my ten year old daughter watching her first game at AG.

Fantastic - hope she has a great day!

She won't care one jot about us losing 4 games on the trot, or that LJ doesn't know his best  team.  She won't worry about whether we have an identity or whether we should go with a back 3 or a  back 4. 

All of that will come to her in good time  :), but for now I hope (and expect) that she gets the same buzz of excitement and absolute joy by being at AG as most of us did when we were going to our first games, whatever the result and performance.

Just about any young English manager who has a period of success or media spotlight is heralded as a future England manager.

Howe is a good manager, no doubt, but of course when he moved from Bournemouth to Burnley he didn't last very long and left for 'personal reasons' to return to Bournemouth.

It may be he doesn't have the ambition, drive, or even resilience to test himself at a bigger club away from the home comforts of the town he's happily lived for decades, let alone the England job.

35 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Wife bought me and our eldest (7) tickets for the West Brom game in February. That’ll be her first game.

It was a toss up for her between WBA or Birmingham so she pretended they were having a debate in the staff room about who played the better football and asked me my opinion. 

Obviously I chose West Brom. Doh!

I just hope I’m not subjecting her to turgid LJ football. 

Hope she has a fantastic day!

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm assuming that after hanging Taylor Moore after the game on Boxing Day at Charlton, Johnson will drop him from the squad.

Superb man management if he does.

At long last the "emergence" of Taylor has been the most positive thing to happen this season imo.

If he drops the bloke today it will be the cherry on the cake for me as regards Johnson.

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Just about any young English manager who has a period of success or media spotlight is heralded as a future England manager.

Howe is a good manager, no doubt, but of course when he moved from Bournemouth to Burnley he didn't last very long and left for 'personal reasons' to return to Bournemouth.

It may be he doesn't have the ambition, drive, or even resilience to test himself at a bigger club away from the home comforts of the town he's happily lived for decades, let alone the England job.

Left to go back to Bournemouth because his parents died didnt he...?

After the last match I said I will not pay another tenner to watch it on Robins TV until something changes, be that on the pitch in the way we set out to play or something off the pitch. 

But today we go again on Robins TV, if it is turgid as the last 5 games I have paid to watch then I will stop paying for it!

Until the next time it is on Robins TV and I will be saying the same again!

COYR!!!!

58 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning all.

This morning, I awoke to the familiar musical strains of Match of the Day, my TV still on after I watched something random on BBC 1 last night.

Now, I haven't watched MOTD in years. Why would I? My team aren't going to on there. But something made me ***** my ears up and watch.

Eddie Howe. The saviour of Bournemouth. Long touted as one of the best young English managers in the game, he's been a stalwart at Bournemouth but that hasn't stopped his name being associated with jobs across the game including the poisoned chalice that is England manager.

Now what made me watch was their game v Brighton. The commentary noted that they'd recently had a 5 game losing streak, ending with a VAR involved goal against Chelsea. Since then, their form has remained flaky - drawing at Arsenal and losing to Burnley and yesterday's result at Brighton.

So why am I mentioning this? 

Because over on uptheCherries, the atmosphere is very similar to our own. Calls across the forum for "Howe out" and queries to his coaching ability.

This manager whom has been named as a potential manager for England is seriously having his credentials queried by Alan, chip shop owner, 64 from Boscombe. Argh.

But again, so many similarities. LJ too has been suggested as one of the best young English managers and is tipped for great things one day.

And the same goes here on OTIB. We've heard and seen the crowing for LJ out. I've purposefully kept put of the votes and polls, not because I don't care but because I don't know how I feel about it.

LJ has undoubtedly made real strides for us. The player production line is case in point. 3 OG youth players going for multi million pound deals says an awful lot. The calibre of player coming here says an awful lot too e.g Massengo and Kalas. 

Are the dreams over for both us and Bournemouth with our respective managers? Are they still as highly regarded within the game? I don't know.

On to today.

We will lose. 3-1 Luton. Got good odds on SkyBet so the day won't all be down the toilet. Announce bedsheets.

FA Cup next weekend! Yay!

COYRS!

I swear you predict we will lose or draw every single game in these match threads ? Unfortunately you've been right recently 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Left to go back to Bournemouth because his parents died didnt he...?

No idea, but as big big blow as that is, would it be a reason for giving up your job and moving back home?

Not for most of us I'd imagine, or most football managers either.

1 hour ago, boatman said:

Just love married life ?

Good man

Looking forward to the game. What I worry about is the mindless morons that might be tempted to start any chants that could  in any way,no matter how remotely, be conceived as Racist towards the Luton supporters . At a time when the media and football authorities are taking a close watch on any excuse to impose fines , as the gash had, can we make sure we don't bring that sort of publicity to our club. Let the football be the only thing people are talking about after the game, win or lose. I do not want a repeat of the chants that took place at Luton.  Coyr

2 hours ago, boatman said:

Just love married life ?

The Sky Sports guide says it’s  on the Sky Sports Football channel from 2.55 with the red button. (The schedule shows the main match which is Scottish Premier football)

Archived