IGNORED

Bristol City v Luton Town Match Day 25

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Watkins to score the winning goal .

Followed by posters on OTIB slating LJ for not using him enough .

:yes:

I really hope so! To be fair, my issue is not so much with Watkins starting as with some of the players who have been left out and a sense there this is a list of eleven players rather than a cohesive team. 

Hopefully Watkins adds physicality and hopefully we win. But, if not, I think this will be a tricky team selection to justify after the fact...

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Watkins to score the winning goal .

Followed by posters on OTIB slating LJ for not using him enough .

:yes:

It feels like Watkins will be a talking point this evening, but will it be for good or for bad...? 

Bad, clearly bad.

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

A strange thing to say for many. But I think we have been needing Watkins in for a while. Light weight  team needs an aggressive influence!!

He actually played really well IMO in the couple of games he started a while back (Barnsley and Cardiff?) but he’s not ‘fashionable’. 

End of the day we’ve been rubbish for several games, why shouldn’t others get a crack. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

If this is 4231 then fair enough. But 442 with Weimann and Diedhiou up top kind of becomes 424 and also with 2 attacking full backs, our defence would be exposed.

I'm thinking Diedhiou and Watkins in the box awaiting Eliasson's benders (so to speak).

Weimann with a flexiwing role. 

Yes I made flexiwing up as a phrase. LJ will like that one...

12 minutes ago, daored said:

I hope serious questions are being asked over this. Palmer was here for last season as a club we know what he can and Aldi can’t do. Halfway through a season and there’s talk of him going in loan is careless.

As a club we simply don’t have the funds to waste 

Aldi do Lidl wrong imho.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I'm thinking Diedhiou and Watkins in the box awaiting Eliasson's benders (so to speak).

Just think simply play Weimann deeper to press their midfield. Arrive in the box, but don't be right up there alongside Fam.

Watkins right wing coming in at back post. Diedhiou on his own occupying centre backs. It gives freedom to Eliasson and full backs to get forward too.

I am interested to see Dasilva and Eliasson on the left, if that's where he plays them.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I like flexiwing a lot. Well done.

I do not like “box-entries”.  

3 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Just out of interest everyone saying O’dowda shouldn’t be near our team. Before hindsight kicks in and Watkins has a blinder. Who would of had watkins in the team over him?

COD has played himself out of the team so we go for the next in line ...... ish

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just think simply play Weimann deeper to press their midfield. Arrive in the box, but don't be right up there alongside Fam.

Watkins right wing coming in at back post. Diedhiou on his own occupying centre backs. It gives freedom to Eliasson and full backs to get forward too.

I am interested to see Dasilva and Eliasson on the left, if that's where he plays them.

I think Eliasson can be a threat centrally as well. Dasilva can fill in as a left sided attacker if needs be. Ideally the three can be fluid in support of Fam.

Nagy needs to sit back in this one, screen that defence like his life depends on it. Brownhill needs to be passing forwards not backwards.

If he's been waiting for JD to be fit to play his desired formation then fairplay. Not sure I believe that though.

Archived