IGNORED

'Johnson Out' banners

Nomad

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Pathetic that they were removed, certainly. 

Football support is a democracy. 

No it's not.  The club have every right to control any messages the fans wish to put out. 

If a big chunk of the support base wants to go down that route than that's their prerogative and if enough agree, their message will get heard.  But right now it's just plain stupid.

I certainly don't agree with everything Johnson's doing at the moment but the calls for him to be sacked right now are crazy.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Roe said:

No it's not.  The club have every right to control any messages the fans wish to put out. 

If a big chunk of the support base wants to go down that route than that's their prerogative and if enough agree, their message will get heard.  But right now it's just plain stupid.

I certainly don't agree with everything Johnson's doing at the moment but the calls for him to be sacked right now are crazy.

I would disagree. 

The club have no right to be wondering about taking things down 

BUT do we really know it was the club and not the council 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would disagree. 

I'm assuming these banners were put up in the car park or somewhere like this. BCFC  property , like it or not.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I would disagree. 

Depends where it is.  I read it as if it was on the grounds of the stadium.  If it's just in the park or somewhere completely outside the ground then yeah I get your point

Agree with sentiments, fed up with turgid home games but banners etc do not represent the majority. I simply want LJ to sort out our standard of play and give up on this never ending dross fed to us before home games re our ‘identity’ and ‘DNA’ that I cannot fathom. I note none of this before this game today 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Good point......

Thinking about it the club have no sway over any negative banners displayed within AG so why thy would be responsible for removing negative banners outside of AG?

13 minutes ago, Roe said:

More than 60% of OTIB members who voted in the recent poll, disagree with you. 

I do believe if he gets it wrong again today then the calls for him to go will become so loud they will be heard, and "no" I don't want us to lose today, I want us to win. 

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

More than 60% of OTIB members who voted in the recent poll, disagree with you. 

I do believe if he gets it wrong again today then the calls for him to go will become so loud they will be heard, and "no" I don't want us to lose today, I want us to win. 

Well that’s that then!?COYR 

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Personally not bothered about the banners, fully understand people's frustration with the utter dross and low level entertainment we've have to put up with, I've never called for his head but today could be the turning point 

Erm, until the last few matches I was rather enjoying this season.  I didn’t realise I’d been watching utter dross.

31 minutes ago, Roe said:

Disagree with your opinion on calls for him to be sacked are crazy. I personally think the time is now right for a change. He cannot be trusted to spend more money in January 

Banners calling for his head are disgusting though. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Belters, grow up. LJ annoys me a hell of a lot but get behind the team, AG atmosphere is woeful and it’s mainly down to non existent supporters who only ever shout to counterproductively have a go at our players and coaches. 

We and LJ knows that what is served up on the pitch determines the atmosphere within AG and why the atmosphere has been so dull this season. 

We no longer have the likes of Scot Murray to tear up the wing or Noble with his skills to thrill the fans. 
The only two players currently who could excite us in that fashion is Eliasson and CoD but they rarely do.

I do wonder if LJ is too concerned about shape and consequently puts restrictions on flair players - shackles them to keep to their responsibilities rather than allowing them to express their talents freely.

Archived