Jump to content

'Johnson Out' banners


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

OP is related and I expect he would have been told this by the head steward (or senior one at least) that he sees when walking the dog through the ground this morning. If you want sworn testimony I can arrange this :).

This is true. I have merely passed on what I was reliably informed. For all I know it was one person responsible for all the banners rather than 3 individuals. 

I'd rather have 3 points today and LJ hang on a little longer opposed to a loss and sacking (which i do not think would happen if we do lose). However, LJ will exit one day and I won't lose any sleep over it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I

1 hour ago, Roe said:

No it's not.  The club have every right to control any messages the fans wish to put out. 

If a big chunk of the support base wants to go down that route than that's their prerogative and if enough agree, their message will get heard.  But right now it's just plain stupid.

I certainly don't agree with everything Johnson's doing at the moment but the calls for him to be sacked right now are crazy.

Spot on there. Johnson in or Johnson out get behind the players and let’s stop this rot. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Not one, not two but three appeared overnight all in the surrounds of AG. 

Good. Johnson needs to realise he is not untouchable 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Not one, not two but three appeared overnight all in the surrounds of AG. 

Good. Johnson needs to realise he is not untouchable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roe said:

No it's not.  The club have every right to control any messages the fans wish to put out. 

If a big chunk of the support base wants to go down that route than that's their prerogative and if enough agree, their message will get heard.  But right now it's just plain stupid.

I certainly don't agree with everything Johnson's doing at the moment but the calls for him to be sacked right now are crazy.

Who gave the club any right to control messages from anyone outside the club! No One I’m aware of!! The same applies to political parties and anyone else. As was pointed out this is allowed under a democracy, protest is an essential part of that  

The message has clearly been heard already, as they have removed said banners, however were they on the clubs property? If not there is no right of removal by the club or agents of the club whatsoever!!

Stupidity who knows! I don’t, but reasonable protest is ok as long as the banners did not obtain offensive language.

Crazy who knows, but this can not go on and the club need to be aware that a portion of the supporters are getting restless. Which of course they now do....However I suspect the said Banner posters will be willing the team on today and be in the ground or paying some other way to support the football club and the manager, hopefully the club will not be adding a further L. 

I guess we will know at 5pm COYRs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Good. Johnson needs to realise he is not untouchable 

Good. Johnson needs to realise he is not untouchable 

I think he already knows it . He has become more agressive lately , particularly with the officials .

 I cannot imagine that he will go down without a fight , perhaps that is why the results have tailed off ? 
 

Are the players revolting ? 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Calling for a bloke to lose his job at Christmas!

what a spineless bunch

Love this one....

....corporate company making a hard working employee jobless at Christmas to add to Director's bonuses is "spineless"....

"Calling for a bloke (championship manager), to lose his job at Christmas!" with a golden handshake worth more than I will EARN in the next over 15 years "spineless"??

🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

Your surname Dickens?

(Appreciate the giggle though).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Exactly this. Just after Fulham away we would have said we were having a excellent season. We are such a fickle bunch, its pathetic 

Definitely a reative rather than Pro active fan base.

Some are almost 'entitled'.

Always said we historically are a sing when we are winning bunch.

A hardcore will support through thick and thin.

Many support when it's going well. Moan at the slightest when it's not.

Our team is a reflection of our support in many ways.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I just think that whatever one’s opinion on Johnson, waving banners like these before a game is likely to dishearten and demoralise the players - thus making a defeat MORE likely. I suppose that if getting rid of Johnson is more important than winning games then it’s arguably a valid tactic, but as a City fan I find it exasperating, REALLY annoying - and frankly embarrassing. 

Modern day players simply are not attached closely enough to any club nowadays to let something as fickle as a few negative banners  make their bottom lips quivver enough to let it affect their game. Howls from the crowd at every mistake could possibly knock confidence but this would last no longer than until 6pm on matchday when they're on they're way back to their rented/owned palatial dwellings. (Or non sanctioned night out).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Because what you have termed as public land is regulated by the council. Not Bristol City FC or anyone else!

 

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/sites/default/files/nusliberty-rights-document-a5.pdf

That’s what I was asking - where these banners were?

If they were on land owned by the club then they have every right to take them down. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Who gave the club any right to control messages from anyone outside the club! No One I’m aware of!! The same applies to political parties and anyone else. As was pointed out this is allowed under a democracy, protest is an essential part of that  

The message has clearly been heard already, as they have removed said banners, however were they on the clubs property? If not there is no right of removal by the club or agents of the club whatsoever!!

Stupidity who knows! I don’t, but reasonable protest is ok as long as the banners did not obtain offensive language.

Crazy who knows, but this can not go on and the club need to be aware that a portion of the supporters are getting restless. Which of course they now do....However I suspect the said Banner posters will be willing the team on today and be in the ground or paying some other way to support the football club and the manager, hopefully the club will not be adding a further L. 

I guess we will know at 5pm COYRs

Don't talk bollocks you absolute state.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

If they’re being an idiot then I’m sure he would

Well if this forum broadly represents the fanbase then he'd be having 8000 in his shiny stadium if the "Flappers" who want rid of Johnson were told to go elsewhere because of having an opinion thatdoesn't match Lansdowns vision. 

Edited by Natchfever
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Who gave the club any right to control messages from anyone outside the club! No One I’m aware of!!

The club do have a duty of care to it's employees though, which like it or not is what LJ is. If I upset a customer at work (having not actually done anything 'wrong') and they decided to put banners up around the City calling for me to be sacked, I'd expect my employers to remove them if they could too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You do have to wonder why our home form is as bad as it is. Don’t get me wrong, this season has been the most frustrating one under LJ and the performances have been dire. But I’d say the banners are premature and a little unnecessary at this stage. 
 

For me, give him this January window, if he doesn’t deliver and we keep sliding, then I’d agree with LJ out. 
 

Don’t like the banners though, just look a bit pathetic. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Belters, grow up. LJ annoys me a hell of a lot but get behind the team, AG atmosphere is woeful and it’s mainly down to non existent supporters who only ever shout to counterproductively have a go at our players and coaches. 

Its down to the non existent entertaining football on display thats whats woeful

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OrigKingswoodRed said:

Modern day players simply are not attached closely enough to any club nowadays to let something as fickle as a few negative banners  make their bottom lips quivver enough to let it affect their game. Howls from the crowd at every mistake could possibly knock confidence but this would last no longer than until 6pm on matchday when they're on they're way back to their rented/owned palatial dwellings. (Or non sanctioned night out).

I read an article recently about Marcus Rashford, who is a massive fan of Man Utd. Any poor performances really affected him, and it stopped him from training well, dwelling on everything. Just like we do. The coaching staff had to tell him to think less as a fan and don't get so emotionally involved as it had a negative effect on his game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

More than 60% of OTIB members who voted in the recent poll, disagree with you. 

I do believe if he gets it wrong again today then the calls for him to go will become so loud they will be heard, and "no" I don't want us to lose today, I want us to win. 

516 people voted, hardly a true representation of the City fan base

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spudski said:

I read an article recently about Marcus Rashford, who is a massive fan of Man Utd. Any poor performances really affected him, and it stopped him from training well, dwelling on everything. Just like we do. The coaching staff had to tell him to think less as a fan and don't get so emotionally involved as it had a negative effect on his game.

Appreciate your reply as an opposing opinion, without a personal reaction. Exactly how a forum should work. 

I cannot argue against such a well thought out reply.

Do you not agree that this is an exception to the rule? My original point being that gone are the days when any club would have a majority of locally sourced players that would play AS fans and wear the shirt similarly. 

(Some need not have been locally sourced fans either).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...