IGNORED

Another pointless manager thread

Unan

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So if we were in the same place with a +9 goal difference everyone would be happy? As I remember the Villa fans weren’t and he had only been there 2 months.

Wasn't really make a comparison with us was just saying it's not a bad goal difference for a team in 10th.

But yeah, if it was us I think maybe Johnson would have a bit more leeway (no pun intended) with fans given one of the biggest complaints is the dull football on offer particularly at home.  A couple more games like the Huddersfield win would have more people on his side probably.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So if we were in the same place with a +9 goal difference everyone would be happy? As I remember the Villa fans weren’t and he had only been there 2 months.

So it took him time to implement his ideas. Say 4 months and bang promotion. Johnsons had four years and we are going backwards. I'm not saying I want him but I'm struggling to see what you are getting at??

One of Brentford’s biggest complaints with him? That he was too streaky, not sure we could stomach another one of those. Although on the flip side his approach does tend be consistent (and attacking). 

I personally feel we need to get someone in who is better at delivering consistent results as well as performances. Maybe Chris Hughton or Jurgen Klopp. 

On 29/12/2019 at 11:31, Seneca the Younger said:

If Dean Smith was to get the boot. Would you have him? 

Without doubt. Proven as took Villa from poor position in League to promotion; Prior to that had Brentford contending for a play-off place on a low-budget playing entertaining football.

Wasn't it Villa (and WBA) that LJ supposedly had offers from?  If so maybe we could do a swap, sure Villa fans would be delighted to have LJ!

Archived