Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Seneca the Younger

Another pointless manager thread

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Yes , great coach at this level who plays attacking brand of football and also got villa promoted last year so is proven ! 

Just out of interest this was the table on 1st Jan last year. Villa’s position looks familiar.

 

47545727-52B4-4072-A284-75FFFBB0947C.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just out of interest this was the table on 1st Jan last year. Villa’s position looks familiar.

 

47545727-52B4-4072-A284-75FFFBB0947C.png


That +9 goal difference though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just out of interest this was the table on 1st Jan last year. Villa’s position looks familiar.

 

47545727-52B4-4072-A284-75FFFBB0947C.png

Got appointed midway in October so pretty irrelevant. Got them promoted.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Roe said:


That +9 goal difference though

So if we were in the same place with a +9 goal difference everyone would be happy? As I remember the Villa fans weren’t and he had only been there 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So if we were in the same place with a +9 goal difference everyone would be happy? As I remember the Villa fans weren’t and he had only been there 2 months.

Wasn't really make a comparison with us was just saying it's not a bad goal difference for a team in 10th.

But yeah, if it was us I think maybe Johnson would have a bit more leeway (no pun intended) with fans given one of the biggest complaints is the dull football on offer particularly at home.  A couple more games like the Huddersfield win would have more people on his side probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So if we were in the same place with a +9 goal difference everyone would be happy? As I remember the Villa fans weren’t and he had only been there 2 months.

A lot of Villa fans want him out now....................from hero to zero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So if we were in the same place with a +9 goal difference everyone would be happy? As I remember the Villa fans weren’t and he had only been there 2 months.

So it took him time to implement his ideas. Say 4 months and bang promotion. Johnsons had four years and we are going backwards. I'm not saying I want him but I'm struggling to see what you are getting at??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

So it took him time to implement his ideas. Say 4 months and bang promotion. Johnsons had four years and we are going backwards. I'm not saying I want him but I'm struggling to see what you are getting at??

How are we going backwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a very good manager at championship level, also seams the type to not look to rock the boat with the owners, so could see him doing well for us, not sure villa will be looking to get rid as if they do go down could see him taking them straight back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How are we going backwards?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Are you serious? The football is terrible, we look clueless. And we have for some time.

aka 3 weeks

  • Unicorn 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of Brentford’s biggest complaints with him? That he was too streaky, not sure we could stomach another one of those. Although on the flip side his approach does tend be consistent (and attacking). 
 

I personally feel we need to get someone in who is better at delivering consistent results as well as performances. Maybe Chris Hughton or Jurgen Klopp. 
 

 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I personally feel we need to get someone in who is better at delivering consistent results as well as performances. Maybe Chris Hughton or Jurgen Klopp

Pep could be out of a job soon :fear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Are you serious? The football is terrible, we look clueless. And we have for some time.

Some time?

Are YOU serious?

23 minutes ago, Roe said:

aka 3 weeks

Don’t you mean 21 days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2019 at 11:59, Port Said Red said:

Just out of interest this was the table on 1st Jan last year. Villa’s position looks familiar.

 

47545727-52B4-4072-A284-75FFFBB0947C.png

Was this really the table on 1st Jan 2018? Surely that’s not right ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Was this really the table on 1st Jan 2018? Surely that’s not right ...

2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2019 at 11:31, Seneca the Younger said:

If Dean Smith was to get the boot. Would you have him? 

Without doubt. Proven as took Villa from poor position in League to promotion; Prior to that had Brentford contending for a play-off place on a low-budget playing entertaining football.

Wasn't it Villa (and WBA) that LJ supposedly had offers from?  If so maybe we could do a swap, sure Villa fans would be delighted to have LJ!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Was this really the table on 1st Jan 2018? Surely that’s not right ...

It’s a while since I posted that, but it looks like I meant last season. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It’s a while since I posted that, but it looks like I meant last season. 

Cheers mate, a lot of people in football and others say “next year, this year, last year” etc when they mean “season” - it’s a bit confusing but obviously not that important. Steven Gerrard does it all the time in interviews, he says stuff like “Our defensive record last year was the second best in the league...” etc - when he obviously doesn’t mean that! Anyway, Happy Wednesday to you!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers mate, a lot of people in football and others say “next year, this year, last year” etc when they mean “season” - it’s a bit confusing but obviously not that important. Steven Gerrard does it all the time in interviews, he says stuff like “Our defensive record last year was the second best in the league...” etc - when he obviously doesn’t mean that! Anyway, Happy Wednesday to you!

If you work in a payroll related role like I do, you can add a third “last year” for extra confusion, anything prior to April 5th. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...